Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Duraframe300

Arcane
Leaked Info summed up

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
> Doctor character was described as Rick from Rick and Morty
> Gameplay is Borderlands
You stand before a prophet.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Leaked Info summed up
snip
Can a brother get that in text form?

Story

- Government abandoned second colonization effort and left a bunch of people frozen in cryo ships around the universe

- The scientist dude wants to liberate the cryo people

- You are one of the cryo people the scientist dude saves

- You can help scientist dude spy on the government or betray him to the government

Gameplay

- You choose a job at character creation which gives you several perks and flaws

- The player character has the ability to freeze time

- The story allows for a pacifist and genocide playthrough

- Dialogue skills are persuasion, intimidation, and lying

- You can increase your attributes or skills each level. Every two levels you get a perk.

- World exploration is similar to Fallout 1 + 2

- It's not as long as similar games. Plays like an FPS version of the first two Fallout games

frajaq

Erudite
In what way is world exploration similar to F1 and 2? Travel between hub zones that you need to discover first ?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
MDfX4bX.png

Didn't know Feargas takes care of his teeth as much as he does of his employees. Pardon, Microsoft's employees now
As time passes he more and more resembles Slug Baron. Physical and spiritual resemblance is truly uncanny
For game itself all I can do is hope that Microsoft came to the rescue on time and prevented Feargas from creatively suffocating project. We'll see, we'll see...

jf8350143

Liturgist
I just hope Epic stay the fuck away from it and don't make it another stupid exclusive.

I already have to give up on Metro Exodus because of this.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, so the writing will apparently be non-pretentious. Tim and Leonard have made the right choice, unlike Josh. This has all prospects of being a fun romp with C&C and replayability. Who cares how short it is. I'm optimistic based on what I hear.

This looks too much like Borderlands.
:decline:
And I'm sure it will be mediocre at best, targeted on progressive crowd, dumbed down for "accessibility" with LGBTQ+ themes and other "progressive" elements to appease genderpecial liberal 25-35 year olds (who usually never even play games). So far, not even Tim and Leo involvement feels me with hope, and certainly not screenshots, game's writers, and experience with newer Obsi games. Certainly not Bloodlines revival or anything close. I would be happy if it will be even as buggy as KOTOR2, but at least with a story half as good as KOTOR 2 one. Or even if it will have just good exploration, and environmental storytelling, and also tactical combat. But I really, really doubt even that. :negative:

Last edited:
Borderlands style combat is not that bad for this type of game, western action RPGs never really matched actual FPSs in terms of gameplay - having such expectations for this title is plainly unrealistic.

I will honestly be impressed if Obsidian manages to reach Borderlands given their previous attempts at shooters.

Wonder what short means. 20, 30 hour? Can't be less I think.
I'm guesing Bloodlines length, maybe 25-30 hours.

I think it means 15 hours maximum, maybe even less.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom