Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought this gem

ortucis

Prophet

Bought it with my Steam cards moneh. Looks fun (from a gameplay video I saw..).

Just saying, I refunded this. It gave me the impression of having non linear progression, kinda like Fallout Shelter or This War of Mine, but it's linear and scripted. Every restart is similar sequence of events and you're given missions by the government to progress instead of just, running a place to spy on people while making profit. Meh!

Anyway, got like 5000 coins on Steam, but the 15,000 unlock is the only one worth unlocking and I doubt it I'll buy enough games on sale to reach that.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So I ran the numbers.

The biggest discount on my wishlist is 30%.

If I spend $30 on this sale I save $5.

If I wait for a better discount in a future sale I'll save more than $5.

If I don't spend anything I save at least $25.

Conclusion? Pass on this sale, better luck next time.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I ran the numbers.

The biggest discount on my wishlist is 30%.

If I spend $30 on this sale I save $5.

If I wait for a better discount in a future sale I'll save more than $5.

If I don't spend anything I save at least $25.

Conclusion? Pass on this sale, better luck next time.

If you never buy any games you save even more.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Bought Assetto Corsa Ultimate for 23€. Had to ask Gabe to remove the base game from my account first because there wasn't an upgrade path.
:rpgcodex:

Not the nicest way to treat your fans.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Bought Assetto Corsa Ultimate for 23€. Had to ask Gabe to remove the base game from my account first because there wasn't an upgrade path.
:rpgcodex:

Not the nicest way to treat your fans.
I gave up on assetto about two years ago when they started shitting DLCs left and right. However, implementing weather in their game seemed like too much work. Fuck those morons.

It's a shame though, as their simulation engine is probably the best.

Bl@de

Educated
Steam sales are total crap these days. Every game on my wishlist is at least 50% cheaper in a typical trustworthy keyshop. And those don't even have a sale right now. Prey (2017) still 14,99€, every online store sells it for 7,99€ - 9,99€

ortucis

Prophet
BTW, that Fanatical site I asked aboot before.

Games on that site are actually more expensive than on Steam for me. In-fact, it shows same discounts as Steam but the base price is WAY higher, so that means discounted amount is high as well.

So might wanna compare prices on Steam before blindly purchasing from these sites.

Turjan

Arcane

Games on that site are actually more expensive than on Steam for me. In-fact, it shows same discounts as Steam but the base price is WAY higher, so that means discounted amount is high as well.

So might wanna compare prices on Steam before blindly purchasing from these sites.
Fanatical is good for mostly bundles and the occasional flash deals, although the latter are rarely amazing.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Never understood why people buy keys from the "shady" sites. Might as well pirate at that point.

Outside of bundles, I prefer Green Man Gaming. Seems to usually be the cheapest option whenever I'm looking at getting a game on Steam.

Some amazing deals here right now with a lot of them being by far the historical low across all stores: https://www.greenmangaming.com/cheap-games/

But, yeah, just check https://isthereanydeal.com/

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another new Bubsy game from zombie Accolade. Made by the developer of Bit.Trip series:

They're also doing Kickstarter for DLC:

wWyxghG.jpg

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

Bought it with my Steam cards moneh. Looks fun (from a gameplay video I saw..).

Just saying, I refunded this. It gave me the impression of having non linear progression, kinda like Fallout Shelter or This War of Mine, but it's linear and scripted. Every restart is similar sequence of events and you're given missions by the government to progress instead of just, running a place to spy on people while making profit. Meh!

Anyway, got like 5000 coins on Steam, but the 15,000 unlock is the only one worth unlocking and I doubt it I'll buy enough games on sale to reach that.

Yeah, I fell for this game too. I bought it on release, played for a bit but didn't bother refunding it. It is ridiculously linear and I was so disappointed that I didn't refund it so I just removed it from my account to make me feel better, lol. It's such a neat concept but executed in the worst possible way.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah, I fell for this game too. I bought it on release, played for a bit but didn't bother refunding it. It is ridiculously linear and I was so disappointed that I didn't refund it so I just removed it from my account to make me feel better, lol. It's such a neat concept but executed in the worst possible way.

I just found it funny that the ONE game I didn't bother reading the negative reviews on Steam for, has majority of reviews complaining about the same thing I refunded it for.

I always pay attention to negative reviews first on every game. For this, I made the mistake of just viewing a gameplay video (and forgot those are linear playthrough's as well).

EDIT: Bought these..

and Batman: Arkham Collection

:love:

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
Purchased Turok 2 during the last sale, while for some things it's much better than Turok 1 the overall game feels like a giant maze. Often mission objectives are buried so well they feel like a secret. I'm not liking it too much because of this, did 3 levels out of 6 so far, I'll finish it because there are thing I like but I simply hate maze-like fps.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_5421df3bd2ac49eafeb88073d07e152c2d58c07c.600x338.jpg

Main story:
Conducting an inspection of the equipment on the offshore oil platform, one of the workers fell into the sea.His death was inevitable, but was saved by the crew of a small submarine, which happened to be nearby.

The rescued one was brought to the secret base of AQUATICA - people with implanted shark gills, which allowed them to breathe freely under water.
He was asked to become a member of the underwater fraternity, agreeing to a surgery transplanting of the gills.
Otherwise, an unenviable fate awaited him...

Key Features:
  • Discover underwater base in the deep sea, meeting all of its strange inhabitants, friends and foes alike.
  • Learn the history of the underwater fraternity and unveil the truth. Look for clues to break out of this scrape.
    In the course of their search, you will face madness, meanness, betrayal and unexpected outcomes.
  • But even in the most difficult moments, when it begins to seem that this world can no longer give anything to its inhabitants, do not despair and go towards the goal.
  • Fight for your life with melee and ranged weapons in the real-time. Or look for a way to negotiate.
  • And single player only, like a nice RPG should be.

Screen_new.JPG

Demo:
We have a free demo version of the game. If you want to learn more about the game, please try to play it.
However, the current demo version is just a sketch of what will be presented to the final version!

Solid Snail

Learned
Just beat Lair of the Blind Ones, there's an achievement just for beating the level by grabbing all keys. It's a fucking nightmare and if in the future I want to replay Turok 2 I won't just for this level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom