Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher games misrepresent Geralt's character

yen cucks you, triss loves you

pretty easy choice
Triss wanted to be Yennefer so bad that she gave Geralt a love potion and took advantage of him in the books. If anything, Geralt cucks Yennefer all the time with the amount of pussy he's had. Yennefer has had sex with maybe one other person that she ditched for Geralt once she realised he was a fop.

Mikeal

Arcane
Since that story is mentioned now I think it bears some commentary. It is actually one of the better ones which highlight double standards for men vs women. Yen is expected by the reader to be loyal but Geralt 's "conquests" are conveniently ignored.

Because Geralt is cool and chillout dude, and Yen is hypocritical bitch. Her rant in short story with Istred is prime example.

Latro

Arcane
yen cucks you, triss loves you

pretty easy choice
Triss wanted to be Yennefer so bad that she gave Geralt a love potion and took advantage of him in the books. If anything, Geralt cucks Yennefer all the time with the amount of pussy he's had. Yennefer has had sex with maybe one other person that she ditched for Geralt once she realised he was a fop.
one cuck is enough

Yosharian

Arcane
Since that story is mentioned now I think it bears some commentary. It is actually one of the better ones which highlight double standards for men vs women. Yen is expected by the reader to be loyal but Geralt 's "conquests" are conveniently ignored.

Because Geralt is cool and chillout dude, and Yen is hypocritical bitch. Her rant in short story with Istred is prime example.
As I see it, Yen is on a quest for discovery of her feminity. Becoming a lover, a mother and a friend in the story is her path. It is heavily detailed how mages lose humanity over time due to increased lifespans and magical hedonism. Yen is an example for resisting that allure.
Viewing it through that lens, you could also say that Geralt is on a quest to discover his masculinity by fucking everything that moves.

Double standards for men and women exist, but in the opposite way you're thinking of. Women are allowed to do whatever they like and it's 'empowering'. Guys act like they want and they're disgusting pigs, misogynists, etc etc.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The novels aren't the video games, Geralt doesn't fuck everything that moves. Lies and slander.
Over all the books, thinking about occasions of intercourse with wamens other than Yen:
- 1 female bodyguard of the dragon villenwhatshisname, that was either before he even came together with Yen or it was when they had broken up
- 1 Triss, the result of Triss using magic so hardly his fault, also happened when he had broken up with Yen (otherwise Triss wouldn't have done it)
- 1 Shani (relationship with Yen was over as after Thaned it was assumed she was among the betrayers, only later it became known she was held hostage in petrified/compressed form by F. Findabair)
- 1 nilfgaard sorceress, same timeframe when he still thought Yen had betrayed them
- 1 melitele priestess when Geralt was gravely injured being cured in the temple by Nenneke, that priestess just came in in the middle of the night started working the shaft... what was he supposed to do, fend her off? Wrestle her to the ground and call the police?
- that bitch who was leading the bandits in Blaviken which Geralt later butchered, I assume this was before he even knew Yen but I'm not sure

This is all I remember and this spans a timeframe of like 2 decades at least. What else was there?

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The novels aren't the video games, Geralt doesn't fuck everything that moves. Lies and slander.
Over all the books, thinking about occasions of intercourse with wamens other than Yen:
- 1 female bodyguard of the dragon villenwhatshisname, that was either before he even came together with Yen or it was when they had broken up
- 1 Triss, the result of Triss using magic so hardly his fault, also happened when he had broken up with Yen (otherwise Triss wouldn't have done it)
- 1 Shani (relationship with Yen was over as after Thaned it was assumed she was among the betrayers, only later it became known she was held hostage in petrified/compressed form by F. Findabair)
- 1 nilfgaard sorceress, same timeframe when he still thought Yen had betrayed them
- 1 melitele priestess when Geralt was gravely injured being cured in the temple by Nenneke, that priestess just came in in the middle of the night started working the shaft... what was he supposed to do, fend her off? Wrestle her to the ground and call the police?
- that bitch who was leading the bandits in Blaviken which Geralt later butchered, I assume this was before he even knew Yen but I'm not sure

This is all I remember and this spans a timeframe of like 2 decades at least. What else was there?

And endless number of women from whorehouses.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What summary sections? I have all the books and don't remember any whorehouse exploits. Feel free to point out which books contain those countless whorehouse visits, so I can check it.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So you take your information from that reddit thread?
Nowhere in the books is Geralt described as he is in the video games. Nowhere. I noticed that because I myself was surprised, because previously I had thought that this woman slayer reputation was taken from the books.
No, CDProjekt invented that.

That thread lists the same examples I already listed, then adds some that are false (dryad - never happened, Essi Daven never happened).
The only ones I didn't know about from this reddit thread are Lytta Neyd and Mosaic, from the one book I don't have: Season of Storms, so naturally I didn't know about those two. Even if you add those two, given that all those books span decades that's not exactly fucking everything that moves. Still no whorehouse stories in the reddit thread either.

You know what I think? I think you've never read the books and this is one more example of you feeling the need to argue things you're clueless about. So perhaps it's for the best to take your own advice.
Now read your books again before jumping into arguments.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Nah, Geralt visited brothels at least once in the first book, Passiflora, in Novigrad. But it wasn't described in any detail.
Yeah right. I remember that. But I think they just talked to this Dudu Biberfeld changeling in there, at least I can't remember that it was said that they were there to fuck whores.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't he bang that Milva or whatever that Forester lady who formed part of his group.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom