Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Arulan

Cipher
I'm very pleasantly surprised that they're releasing new content after saying they wouldn't. Looking forward to another couple hundred hours!

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I would like 2 more DLC after warriors of the north. One that adds a coherent story of some sort. And one that adds enough shit to do random missions and create an elite force of killers.

And building my own fort, complete with decorations.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait what there's a polehammer now.

How am I supposed to choose between glorious polehammers and Billmen? So hard to decide

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wait what there's a polehammer now.

How am I supposed to choose between glorious polehammers and Billmen? So hard to decide
Stay with Billmen. I found the Polehammer to be pretty underwhelming, tbh.

Like Spetum or two-handed Flail, it could use a buff, maybe in form of an interesting status effect.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Polehammers are amazing you should all feel bad. 1 Bill so you can pull wights n shit the rest Polehammers

It rips so much orc armour away at reach it isn't funny using the secondary ability. It's basically an Orc masher

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Problem is that Pole-hammer don't work with Polearm mastery.

Does it matter? Polararm mastery doesn't matter too much because it only turns the AP cost from 6 to 5, which is below the break point if 4/9 that lets you attack twice per turn. The close attack bonus is nice I guess but the hammer mastery one is just as good, alright but not broken

Vilain Joueur

Novice
Yes, it's useful for movement, allowing one more on 2 AP costing tiles.
But Hammer Mastery is pretty sweet too. Increased damage on Destroy and Demolish Armor and reduced Fatigue, in this category, for all types of melee weapon (1H, 2H, reach).

Reinhardt

Arcane
Problem is that Pole-hammer don't work with Polearm mastery.

Does it matter? Polararm mastery doesn't matter too much because it only turns the AP cost from 6 to 5, which is below the break point if 4/9 that lets you attack twice per turn. The close attack bonus is nice I guess but the hammer mastery one is just as good, alright but not broken
You can fire bow and attack with polearm in the same turn if you have quick hands. Even if you don't have it you can still change weapon and have enough ap to attack in melee if needed. With berserk if you killed your target with polearm you can move before you hit again.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. Polearm mastery is a massive game-changer for wielders, arguably more than most other weapon masteries. I'm a fan of giving it to every archer.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
That's legitimately just silly, multiple attacks per combat then one more from berserk for 3 attacks

Reinhardt

Arcane
3 attacks
Only if you kill your target. So most of the time it's only against bandits or low level beasts. When you fight ork warriors or ancient dead or unholds it's pretty rare ocasion. And you can get 3 attacks only with 1h weapons and bows i.e. not the most damaging weapon types.

Tried this game for the first time. The combat system is really cool, and I like the aesthetics, but the constant countdown to gold running out takes all the fun out of it. It feels more like a job than a game. It's like playing Fallout 1 with the time limit, except the time limit figures after every fight, quest, etc. No thanks.

Tigranes

Arcane
Tried this game for the first time. The combat system is really cool, and I like the aesthetics, but the constant countdown to gold running out takes all the fun out of it. It feels more like a job than a game. It's like playing Fallout 1 with the time limit, except the time limit figures after every fight, quest, etc. No thanks.

Do you also play city builders with infinite money?

Once you get the hang of the very basics of the game it isn't really an onerous requirement. It's also important to keep the rhythm of the gameplay instead of, say, taking a week off to heal injuries. It's something that pushes you to get your company up to speed early on, but it's rarely some kind of "OH MY GOD THE TIMER" after every fight unless you're truly terrible.

City builders and regular strategy games are completely different in this regard in that they allow you to set up a stable economy that churns out resources on a regular basis. This is very different from a game where you must constantly find ways to make money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom