Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe with this upcoming Far Cry they'll try to tap into bethesda's market but I doubt they'll have dialogue choices and shit tho I'm hearing they have added many "RPG elements"
Well, my description of Bethesda's gameplay wasn't so narrow as to include being able to pick up every object. For me it's just the murdrehobo gameplay and Skinner box loop that are the sidequests.

Besides facial beauty which I find lacking, she is young yeah, healthy I guess unless she has a hidden disease, short & slim; considered "fit" maybe but not athletic. Take Gal Gadot as WW f.i. she looks the part; athletic & tall, even tho she has magical shit to rely on.
Regarding Lara's face, what facial features that we find more or less attractive is more subjective than the other criteria I've listed, which are easier to measure - age, health, fitness. I think Lara's face has both symmetry and characteristic features, which is enough for me to call it pretty - everything besides those two factors is pretty subjective.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The last few minutes of The Outer Worlds section of the podcast are the most informative.

There's going to be some new gameplay footage next week.

Space Nugget

131 Rapid-Fire Questions About The Outer Worlds

With Game Informer's new cover story on Obsidian's The Outer Worlds, we're diving in deep and explaining everything we learned about the upcoming RPG. While visiting the studio, Joe Juba sat down with co-directors Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky and asked them 131 rapid-fire questions about The Outer Worlds' gameplay, companions, scope, and (since they created the original two games) the origins of Fallout. Check out the video above to watch the most informative interview you'll ever see about The Outer Worlds... and chocolate.

They didn't upload the video to youtube yet, so you'll have to follow the link to watch it. It's quite funny IMO. :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Duraframe300

Arcane

Oh, of course. They split their interview into parts to get more clicks.

Interesting how much emphasis is being put on HYPE CONTROL. I wonder if that's a thing somebody from Private Division told them to do, or if it comes purely from Obsidian.

Honestly just seems like how Tim and Leonard normally are. Didn't seem forced to me.

And the reaction post trailer was big.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tim and Leonard are pretty convincingly selling the image that this was a project they did in complete creative freedom, and did something they themselves would like as players. The best thing is that this is most probably the case. But it's also perfectly playing off against all the most recent drama around various AAA titles which misled expectations and were obviously designed by commitee and directed at milking players, not at providing entertainment for players.

Arulan

Cipher
I haven't had a chance to read everything. Have they mentioned whether the exploration will be gated ala Gothic, or if it's being designed without quest markers in mind?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I haven't had a chance to read everything. Have they mentioned whether the exploration will be gated ala Gothic, or if it's being designed without quest markers in mind?

It's not an open world game. You unlock locations and travel to them using your ship, like you would with the Ebon Hawk in KOTOR.

Arulan

Cipher

It's not an open world game. You unlock locations and travel to them using your ship, like you would with the Ebon Hawk in KOTOR.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't going to be large, but I thought there was going to be some exploration surrounding the locations.

No mention of whether quests will be designed without quest markers (explicit directions, road signs, making logical conclusions of where people are, etc.)?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Infinitron you are an evil jew! It must be the fifth time this month where i end up being in some strange thread because i posted one shit in between shitposters.

:dealwithit:
Fuck seven pages of who have better tits or ass.

Squid

Arbiter
Interesting how much emphasis is being put on HYPE CONTROL. I wonder if that's a thing somebody from Private Division told them to do, or if it comes purely from Obsidian.
I feel like Tim and Leonard don't want their game to be received incorrectly. They are happy that people are excited for it but I think there's some noticeable worry there. People are hyped for this because 76 was disappointment even for most Bethesda fans and it has the Obsidian name on this. They don't want that to give people the wrong idea about their game.

Why can't I see the thread my post got moved to?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why can't I see the thread my post got moved to?
Look at your join date and ye shall see the answer to thy question. In other words, it has been moved deeper into the depths of Codex, after a year has passed your eyes and brain will adapt and be ready to descent deeper into autism. For now, unless you throw a shekel to guardians of forbidden knowledge, you're not ready. May 31st, 2019 will be your coming of age day

Monocause

Arcane
This was a pretty retarded thread split, Infinitron . Maybe just post a list of things we are allowed to discuss, like in the Tier 1 forums?

It was a very good thread split. There was six pages here already, consisting of absolutely useless discussion basically about what gives some guys a boner and what doesn't, and how SJWs want to prevent boners by sneaking in ugly women everywhere. Now, boner-inducing stimuli are a perfectly good discussion material and I appreciate it's a very important topic that will occupy all of us through most of our lifetimes until we stop having boners altogether - but it's not really related to what this thread is about.

Back on track, I'm kinda happy they're not going for an open world. The OW format has lots of promise, but the way it's been executed these past few years makes me quite happy to see developers retreat to wrapping their content in tighter, more guided packaging that keeps things more meaningful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom