Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioShock: The Collection & Sequel Rumors

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just imagine if they had made Bioshock a huge open world to solve in a non linear fashion, instead of the corridor shooter we got.

For starters every console gamer's reaction would have been: "Wait, I have to think in this one?"

Followed shortly by:

scanners-head-explosion-gif-10.gif

v1rus

Arcane
God. Just fucking god.

Just finished the whole series (DLCs included) and godfuckingdamn.

People hailing Infinite's plot (and DLCs) as second coming of Christ actually annoy me way fucking more than the idiocy of the game itself. Bro, you just didnt get it. Its physics. Its QUANTUM physics.

FOR FUCKS SAKE. WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF KILLING BOOKER? NO, SERIOUSLY. MILLIONS OF UNIVERSES, MILLIONS OF VARIABLES (in a game with literally zero variables lelel) BUT ITS OK , YOU KILL HIM BEFORE HE MAKES A CHOIDE, AND ITS ALL SORTED OUT? EVEN THE FUCKING DLC PROVES OTHERWISE, SINCE LO AND BEHOLD, THERES AN ANOTHER FUCKING COMSTOCK.
Too angry atm, gonna hate the world till i fall asleep.

There there bro. I'm pretty sure most everyone felt that way with Bioshock Infinite. Despite the setting not being as cool as Rapture and despite the level design being way worse you just gotta focus on the shooting and magic being fairly fun still and Elizabeth being a fine waifu. Although honestly the only Bioshock I mostly enjoyed the story in was the second one. That's still my favorite of the series.

v1rus

Arcane
There there bro. I'm pretty sure most everyone felt that way with Bioshock Infinite. Despite the setting not being as cool as Rapture and despite the level design being way worse you just gotta focus on the shooting and magic being fairly fun still and Elizabeth being a fine waifu. Although honestly the only Bioshock I mostly enjoyed the story in was the second one. That's still my favorite of the series.

:love:

Gonna write up a more detailed post tomorrow, thats fo sho.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Bioshock 2 was the best in series because devs weren't concerned with creating a pretentious story full of twists and turns, and instead just made a competently designed game.

Space Nugget

God. Just fucking god.

Just finished the whole series (DLCs included) and godfuckingdamn.

People hailing Infinite's plot (and DLCs) as second coming of Christ actually annoy me way fucking more than the idiocy of the game itself. Bro, you just didnt get it. Its physics. Its QUANTUM physics.

FOR FUCKS SAKE. WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF KILLING BOOKER? NO, SERIOUSLY. MILLIONS OF UNIVERSES, MILLIONS OF VARIABLES (in a game with literally zero variables lelel) BUT ITS OK , YOU KILL HIM BEFORE HE MAKES A CHOIDE, AND ITS ALL SORTED OUT? EVEN THE FUCKING DLC PROVES OTHERWISE, SINCE LO AND BEHOLD, THERES AN ANOTHER FUCKING COMSTOCK.
Too angry atm, gonna hate the world till i fall asleep.

Obligatory:

I'm far from being as :obviously: as the average codexian, but still I couldn't get myself through the first few hours of BS:I. You're clearly a more persistent/resilient person than I'll ever be.

I found the first one to be pretty enjoyable, though. Messing around with the plasmid powers, observing the little sister and big daddy interactions and behaviours (even as the whole concept being dumb and all), some pretty interesting level and environment design here and there, listening to vending machines for the hundredth time ("Muchas gracias, señor!"), the companionship of third-rate but reliable Security Bots, the hacking mini-game... :shittydog:

Last edited by a moderator:
there's no need to reach the ending to find the retardation, it all starts like 30 seconds into the game, "oh, these murderous bunch are looking for and want to kill someone who has a very very very distinctive symbol on a very very very specific and in very very very plain sight place on himself. should i wear a glove or stick my hands into my pockets? hell no, these murderous people are perfectly friendly and safe to walk among".

I’ve actually played the first BioShock on my old iPad. It was around 2014 I believe, then the devs couldn’t figure out how to make it compatible with iOS 9 and just deleted the whole thing :lol: It was cool, the city and environment was very nice and the game was not too long, didn’t overstay it’s welcome. Wouldn’t install it on pc though, better to just replay system shock 2 I think.

Good news guys: the massive shit I just took (ate corn last night) is free for pick-up to anyone who wants to come round to the basement shitter I use when I'm too embarrassed to let my wife know what comes out of my body.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom