Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
Xeno'Jiiva is so fucking cool.

meh monster. Though it is upgrade over another stationary event based monster. At least it moves around and fights.

Vorark

Erudite
Oh, I meant aesthetically. The fight itself is nothing special.

Man, imagine fighting Shagaru with these souped up graphics...

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck shegaru. I want Tiggy with mhw treatment. tiggy is like perfect monster to show how open map can fuck you up, with its constant rage and following you everywhere.

sullynathan

Arcane
Fuck shegaru. I want Tiggy with mhw treatment. tiggy is like perfect monster to show how open map can fuck you up, with its constant rage and following you everywhere.
Tobi Kadachi already does this well. We don't need Tigrex or Nargacuga. Both monsters are practically clones of each other

Monocause

Arcane
Didn't play this yet but just wanted to say I find it hilarious the game features a big group of horribly savage people absolutely ransacking pristine natural areas, butchering the shit out of every creature they can find, carving out pieces of said creatures, forging improved weapons and armor out of those body parts to butcher even more creatures...

And this is called "fauna research" that furthers "ecological study".

sullynathan

Arcane
Didn't play this yet but just wanted to say I find it hilarious the game features a big group of horribly savage people absolutely ransacking pristine natural areas, butchering the shit out of every creature they can find, carving out pieces of said creatures, forging improved weapons and armor out of those body parts to butcher even more creatures...

Well you can capture monsters instead of butchering them.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

V6v79ZyzNP6RtFP-bix2ehJOSTiURjRVu2BL1CwUpYk.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Tobbi ? Nah. It is weak squirrel.
It was one of the best monsters in the entire game, regardless of it having low HP.

Yeah Tobi has great design but it ain't Tiggy and can't really fit that role.
I would love to see its G-rank version. Speaking of electric monsters, i can't wait to see Zinogre.
Zinogre with MHW animations AI behavior and versatility should be amazing thing to watch and fight.

Kitchen Utensil

V6v79ZyzNP6RtFP-bix2ehJOSTiURjRVu2BL1CwUpYk.jpg

And now imagine how awesome the game could have been if it reflected that little story with it's graphics, atmosphere and story. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

sullynathan

Arcane
Yeah Tobi has great design but it ain't Tiggy and can't really fit that role.
I would love to see its G-rank version. Speaking of electric monsters, i can't wait to see Zinogre.
Zinogre with MHW animations AI behavior and versatility should be amazing thing to watch and fight.
Zinogre is good, but I would prefer new monsters.

And now imagine how awesome the game could have been if it reflected that little story with it's graphics, atmosphere and story. :3
kill urself storyfag. Monster Hunter isn't an edgy series, it's lighthearted

Kitchen Utensil

kill urself storyfag. Monster Hunter isn't an edgy series, it's lighthearted

It's not lighthearted, it's infantile.

Also, lol@storyfag. The game already has a huge amount of cutscenes (are they still unskippable? Haven't played in a while), could as well be good instead of this banal shit we got instead.

sullynathan

Arcane
is the witcher stuff permanent like the FFXIV stuff? I don't have a PS4 with me now so I wanna play it later?

Also, lol@storyfag. The game already has a huge amount of cutscenes (are they still unskippable? Haven't played in a while), could as well be good instead of this banal shit we got instead.
less than 2 hours of cutscenes in which most are monster intros isn't a huge amount. Monster Hunter in tone is nothing like that comic strip, it's not brutal and is very lighthearted in its portrayal of its setting.

yes there are skippable cutscenes.

Efe

Erudite
you start the game and have very little control for a good 40-50 minutes.
you do what it tells you to do, watch unskippable cutscenes and try to decide whether you should refund.
thankfully gets better afterwards

Perkel

Arcane
Zinogre is good, but I would prefer new monsters.

Yeah if i had to choose between old and new monster i will always chose new.
Since MH3 most of their new monsters are clearly superior to older ones.

Nope, it is lighthearted.

is the witcher stuff permanent like the FFXIV stuff? I don't have a PS4 with me now so I wanna play it later?

Yes it is but for PC gamers it doesn't matter because there are already mods out there that enable those event quests i think.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I reached the endgame, I think. And it's more farming! Mostly Decorations and Augmentations. I assume G-rank gear will be superior to the current armor and weapons. Did it also include decorations in the past?

sullynathan

Arcane
I reached the endgame, I think. And it's more farming! Mostly Decorations and Augmentations. I assume G-rank gear will be superior to the current armor and weapons. Did it also include decorations in the past?
They had decorations before, but in past games I never played High or G rank

Emmanuel2

Savant
Did it also include decorations in the past?

Of the older games I've played, decor RNG weren't the endgame since every decor is available through grinding, but I'll try to recall and list them still with spoilers.

In FU, the endgame was about just the grind, there was no "padding" so to speak. Just regular monster killing to get better and harder quests until you eventually cleared all the hardest things. The best Decor and Weapons weren't locked behind luck unless you count droprate. Best sets are usually what you get, mixing set pieces is very, very hard and very rarely useful compared to full sets.

In 4U, the endgame was about getting the perfect Relic and perfect Talisman which can consume hundreds or thousands of hours, but most of it is on the latter. If you're looking to speedrun according to TA rules, you're shit out of luck if you want to do it "legit" by farming for a talisman unless you want to settle for a subpar time. Relic weapons are sometimes better than the crafted ones too but they're generally easier to get since the pool and variables are smaller, you can somewhat control what type of weapon drops too IIRC. True endgame quests are randomly generated Guild Quests levelled to max which scale beyond G-Rank.

In X, endgame was the same talisman hunt but has an added level 10 Deviant Grind which won't take a while to be honest. I haven't played XX (found X to be really easy and wanted to burn through backlog first), but I'd assume it's mostly the same but with GQ's making a come back.

In the latest 3 entries (4U, X, XX) before and including World, mixed sets were the way to go for the endgame including having all the decors you want readily available (except in World's case).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They swapped decoration and talisman grinding in MHW. Before you'd farm talismans and craft decos. The thing is that deco farming sucks harder than talisman farming ever did since they always had some easy as shit quest that rewarded you with tons of talisman, not to mention that in MHG you could use bad talismans to meld them into potentially better ones. MHW has / had some quests that give decos but not in the same volumes as the talisman quests of before would reward you with. And unless you were a perfectionist you could make do with a talisman that was "decent". I feel the RNG decos were far more punishing in MHW.

Efe

Erudite
greatest jagras gives you decos by dozens, then you meld extras and get most of what you want that way

Perkel

Arcane

End game in MH games is basically G-rank aka the hardest content and making new sets of weapons and armors.
MHW doesn't really have that much of those so main focus in it is talisman crafting and decorations drops.

If you would want to craft all 130+ Great Swords and max them out in MHXX it would take you alone 200-500hours.
1000s of pieces of armor and literally thousands of weapons to craft coupled with very very hard G-rank content is what MH players consider end game. Talismans and decorations rng is just additional part of it but not that important.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

End game in MH games is basically G-rank aka the hardest content and making new sets of weapons and armors.
MHW doesn't really have that much of those so main focus in it is talisman crafting and decorations drops.

If you would want to craft all 130+ Great Swords and max them out in MHXX it would take you alone 200-500hours.
1000s of pieces of armor and literally thousands of weapons to craft coupled with very very hard G-rank content is what MH players consider end game. Talismans and decorations rng is just additional part of it but not that important.

Making a Dual Blade of every element is what I'm doing right now. There's also some good armor from Kulve Taroth and Behemoth, but I dread the multiplayer part. Is anyone playing this with randoms and if so, how is it working out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom