Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's the developer selling their games via their own site, not the publisher Strategy First. I guess they're doing it moderately well considering their lively forums?

Modron

Arcane
I don't think Strategy First is really even alive anymore. They don't even have a website the old strategyfirst web address just points you to their catalog on steam these days. Granted I know they've been going downhill for years, with them basically just existing as a pre-approved steam publisher that could get your game up there before the floodgates were open.

groundhog

Educated
Is the homepage broken for anyone else? Like next to every price it says 'Free', buttons don't work, sections are missing, etc
Since the redesign the front page doesn't display correctly in some web browsers e.g. Pale Moon, IE11 (I think it's something to do with HTML5 compliance). I use Pale Moon and it works fine on every page on gog's site except the front page. If I want to view that I use the latest Firefox or Opera browser.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Imperator: Rome is now available for pre-order, which means that Paradox will be bringing their new grand strategy games to GOG, not just old ones.

Dux

Arcane
I'm still waiting for Vietcong. And Myth. And NOLF. And AvP 2. And Civilization 2. And Heretic. And Bethesda's Terminator. And so much else.

But hey, maybe those games aren't part of the whole niche/profit/public interest framework thing. I seriously don't know anymore.

U-8D8

Savant
I'm still waiting for... ...NOLF.

That's not fair to GOG. The reason NOLF isn't on it, or on any other digital sales place for that matter, is that the rights are tied up between Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox. The situation with AvP 2 is most likely the same, considering Fox owns both the Predator and Alien franchise. Heretic is in a similar situation, being caught in a legal limbo between Id Software and Activision.

If you want to play the NOLF series, check out http://nolfrevival.tk/. It comes prepatched and with widescreen support.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://af.gog.com/news/release_strategic_command_series?as=1649904300

RELEASE: STRATEGIC COMMAND SERIES

01127e8612fab634fcb39eb4f4851287abfd1a58e3ace2cadb63748425f9b742.jpg

Battle of the hexes.

Strategic Command series is now available DRM-free. Check here for all the series' entries, going for up to 50% off until February 19th, 2pm UTC.

The celebrated turn-based strategy, where history is shaped out of carefully places tiles and hexagons, is here in full force! Command your troops in land or at sea, employ diplomacy if you need to, play both sides of these monumental conflicts and prevail with method and patience.

Pick the one to start with and then keep moving from there, one tile at a time:

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe (-50%)

Strategic Command WWII: World at War (-25%)

Strategic Command Classic: WWI (-50%)

Strategic Command Classic: WWII (-50%)

Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict (-50%)

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom