Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Catherine Classic released on Steam

Deadass

Savant
Duraframe300 they are talking about "her"

maxresdefault.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
Ahhhhh, new charachter you can pursue. That doesn't change anything about Erica being in the first game though.

Also, both Erica and *Rin* being traps and employees of the stray sheep seems kinda lazy writing.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Could be just a ploy to stir "speculation" and interest. Hashino mentioned in an interview that doing announcements of announcements and all sorts of other attention grabbing hints and teasers is the way going forward for them since they found it being very effective.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like the PC port is 'playable but underwhelming'.

Regarding the reports of fake unlocked framerate: https://steamcommunity.com/app/893180/discussions/0/3300476731141200871/

FRAMERATE - 11 January 2019

Hi Catherine fans,

Reports of 30fps gameplay have brought to our attention a bug where the camera and animations are not updating faster than 30fps in the puzzle sections.
We are aware of the bug and are currently looking into it.

Some further clarification on the framerate:

- Videos are locked at 30fps, due to the original assets being fixed at 30fps
- In-engine cutscenes render at vsync or higher
- Animation, movement, camera and rendering should be at vsync in all areas (currently bugged, as explained above); however as the game logic is extremely precise for elements such as sheep, blocks, and bosses, they are triggered at the equivalent of 30fps as in the original console game. Unlocking these elements would have fundamentally altered the gameplay, so the timing for them was preserved.

We’ll have another update on the above and other bug fixes once we’ve cleared QA.

Thanks,
SEGA Dev

Also reportedly whoever did this port used fan-made tool to unpack resource files and waifu2x to upscale UI elements.

(BTW the developer of the unpacker is cool with this.)

Makes me wonder if Atlus lost source files, or worse, refused to give them to the port house.

Perkel

Arcane
It is only proper that Waifu2X would be used on Catherine.
I mean game is all about Waifu2x.

And yes Waifu2X is amazing free tool.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Seems kind of a waste considering there's a superior version on the way, but I wonder if this might be SEGA trying to replicate the Valkyria Chronicles' success aka porting an older game with a fan following and appropriately priced as such.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
it's $20, stop living in a third world country
Well, VC4 was 80+$ for my third world country.:butthurt:
you are worst turk. you are the turk idiot you are the turk smell. return to croatioa. to our croatia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,bosnia we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole turk stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare..turk genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .albiania we kill the king , albania return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot turk and bosnian smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill bosnia…you will ww2/ tupac alive in serbia, tupac making album of serbia . fast rap tupac serbia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink turk… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 in serbia ….fuck the croatia ,..FUCKk ashol turks no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the turk farm aminal with rap magic now we the serba rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and bosnia wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. serbia greattst countrey

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is it an rpg?

By modern definition, absolutely. You play the role of a guy having nightmares about having cheated on his incredibly boring girlfriend, in which he's a half-man half-sheep pushing and pulling boxes in order to climb up the stack, which gets smaller and smaller as the bottom row of boxes fall down every few seconds and if he's on them when it happens he lands with a SPLAT. And when he wakes up he tells his friends about it every night at a bar where they drink until they pass the fuck out.

Yes, it's really that awesome.

Drakron

Arcane
Seems kind of a waste considering there's a superior version on the way, but I wonder if this might be SEGA trying to replicate the Valkyria Chronicles' success aka porting an older game with a fan following and appropriately priced as such.

The weird thing is the title they decided to go with, Catherine Classic as to not be confused with Catherine Full Body, that begs the question ... why? If they had no intentions of releasing Full Body for PC why they didnt just release it with just Catherine as title?

I suspect they intend and just released this as Classic to get people to buy it and then later release Full Body at Full Price.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Why this new interest by Atlus in PC gaming? Maybe they are shitting in their pants after seeing what is possible to do now with RCPS3?

I would have bought Catherine and Persona 5 if they were released for PC some years ago... But now it's too late. I have already played them on my PC, thanks to RCPS3.

The weird thing is the title they decided to go with, Catherine Classic as to not be confused with Catherine Full Body, that begs the question ... why? If they had no intentions of releasing Full Body for PC why they didnt just release it with just Catherine as title?

Probably to prevent people from getting confused and complaining about being fooled into buying an inferior version.

Deadass

Savant
btw the new girl from full body is not a trap, it's an alien
:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom