Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apex Legends - F2P Battle Royale set in the Titanfall Universe by Respawn

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
0ffb09f05d1b46e1da38e1e0ba80c407.jpg

oh god it got its claws inside me someone hel

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Okay, so I see a few of you complain about playing with randoms, can you team up with some bros and join or is the entire experience sign up with randoms?

That kotaku is upset is funny, they didnt get their bags of cash from EA to shill, it went to streamers, of course theyre going to be salty and lash out, the lying dying propagandists cant end soon enough, sad that what we have to replace them is screeching bleating streamers.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Game is actually pretty solid now that I've tried it. I've tried other BR games and PUBG was the only I played more than two matches of and I barely even played that game besides randomly joining friends while bored. This is the first one I didn't play for like an hour one night to see how it went and end up uninstalling it.

They should really put this in the games advertising: "The BR game for people who dont like BR games!!". I keep seeing this sentiment everywhere, "I hated BR games but THIS one is AMAAAAZING!?".

What is this, mass hypnosis? Incredibly tasty kool aid?

Anyway at least it has a less retarded name than "Fortnite" so hopefuly it kills it...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
so did Apex Legends success greenlight Titanfall 3 or what? I keep reading conflicting articles about this, though the most recent one I read said that yes, AL success means there will be a TF3.

sullynathan

Arcane
They should really put this in the games advertising: "The BR game for people who dont like BR games!!". I keep seeing this sentiment everywhere, "I hated BR games but THIS one is AMAAAAZING!?".
Those people are likely lying and barely played the other BR games.

Durandal We await your 3 page analysis on Apex

Last edited:

Puteo

Learned
0ffb09f05d1b46e1da38e1e0ba80c407.jpg

oh god it got its claws inside me someone hel

Just got my first win too, I take back everything I said in this thread.

Also, six revives and 3 respawns, bet your back is sore after that one

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Or the other BR games are shit at this is actually decent. I dunno, but that might be it.

Puteo

Learned

Or the other BR games are shit at this is actually decent. I dunno, but that might be it.

Who would have expected that an FPS BR made by the best FPS developers ever would be better than an FPS BR made by an incompetent modder or jury-rigged from a crappy tower defense game?

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
My first BR kind of game (except Arma 2 if it counts). It's OK. But yeah everyone is a nigger in the game. Even that fat samurai looking dude who clearly should be japanese is a nigger too.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
My first BR kind of game (except Arma 2 if it counts). It's OK. But yeah everyone is a nigger in the game. Even that fat samurai looking dude who clearly should be japanese is a nigger too.
I thought he was Native American. A very dark Native American.
I like how the medic is an Asian Nigger.

Any EU (NA ping is too damn high) dexers wanna team up and slay some nerds?

I actually don't mind randoms in this game, I think I won more matches with them than with my usual stack... wish they talked more actually, the whole pinging system pretty much kills any need for verbal communication.

:negative:

Squid

Arbiter
What is this, mass hypnosis? Incredibly tasty kool aid?
Yes and yes. Would you like a glass?
Nah, I played a bit of PUBG here and there but not a whole bunch. Mostly whenever a couple of friends asked me to play. Fortunately, a coworker bought it for me so I'd play with him and we only ever played a match. Otherwise, I haven't liked a Battle Royale yet. I think I've put more time into Apex Legends than PUBG already and I didn't really like other ones. I tried Fortnite because one person on discord wouldn't shut the hell up about me "giving it a chance" and that was a mistake. I tried one called Darwin Project and it was interesting (compared) but still not that great.

Maybe some of the people saying that just look at BR games and assume they'd hate them but never gave them a chance but I feel like most people have at least tried them.

I just wanted to shoot people not play Minecraft when I get shot at.

About 300 hours (regrettably) in PUBG beg to differ. It just fixed a lot of shit that was wrong with BR games - long ass loading times/lobbies, bad movement, performance issues, annoying inventory management and looting mechanics etc. it cut almost all of the "dead air" without taking too much out of the meat of the game.

Gunplay is solid (unlike Fortnite, RoE or Blops), ping system is really damn useful etc. It's also F2P with no real grind or anything worthwhile locked away behind a paywall. Both characters are obtainable in a week and the only shit you can waste money on is boxes, which you get through leveling anyway.

The only bad things about the game are occasional crashes, lack of reconnect option, ORIGIN (jesus, it sucks balls) and lack of leaderboards/rankings and motivation to win (doesn't really give you anything aside from like 500-1000 xp). There's also the whole inclusivity thing, but if you care that much about that shit (considering that 99% of the game you only see your hands with gloves on) you probably got bigger issues anyway, since none of the supposed "lore" is even in the game (it's literally 2 pages hidden somewhere on their site, created for a sole reason of generating headlines).

Last edited:

Squid

Arbiter
you know what time it is is fairly on point. They cut a lot of the bullshit in the game. Sure loot still matters but that's part of it. The only loot thing that's annoying is that sometimes there's not enough around and the different levels of EVERYTHING besides guns is a little much. Like each stabilizer, mag, stock, scope, etc all has level 1-3 and the rare 4. Scopes even have more varieties among their levels too. And the hop ups also sometimes being a fairly desired thing on the Prowler or Wingman. Gunplay is fast and good.

so did Apex Legends success greenlight Titanfall 3 or what? I keep reading conflicting articles about this, though the most recent one I read said that yes, AL success means there will be a TF3.
I meant to answer this. Zampella seems to have something planned, so hopefully.
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092856944199495686

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also, six revives and 3 respawns, bet your back is sore after that one
I spent half the match just running away from enemy squads and the ring while laying down smoke to cover my ass so I could rez both my mates at the nearest spawn point, because all I had was a Peacekeeper and a fucking Prowler without the full-auto mod. Turns out that running away from squads while being a solo Bangalore is very effective. As is hiding until the enemy squads in front of you leave.

To go back to my earlier squabbles, as much as I dislike being unable to go Titanfall-levels of fast because of the absence of wallrun/double-jump, they honestly wouldn't work very well in this kind of game. TTK is much higher here than in Titanfall, fighting someone with purple armor in close quarters with TF mobility would be a drawn out nightmare as both of you keep whiffing eachother and having to reload all the time. And most of the map is flat open fields with no walls to run on anyways, so you end up with a Homestead situation without a Grapple (Pathfinders' grapple doesn't have the reach)/Stim/gravity star launching/bhopping to make up for the lack of walls. Though double jump itself could have still fit to make climbing buildings and heights easier.

Overall I don't see much wrong with the gameplay itself aside from some Legends being underpowered. Pathfinder's passive is kind of undermined by the fact that survey beacons spawn randomly instead of being fixed, Tito's gun shield is pretty much useless, and Caustic is pretty damn weak outside of the final and first rounds. OTOH, 70% of my matches will crash with no fix being put out yet, Origin is cancer, and I wish there was a reconnect button so if I crash I won't leave my squadmates to die. Also a killcam on squad wipe would be appreciated so you can at least see what went wrong somewhat. There's not much in the vein of meta-progression aside from unlocking new Legends, for those who care. The biggest roadblock the game might face now is whether they can put out enough updates to maintain interest. Their roadmap only showed a big update down the line in three months? Meanwhile Fortnite is putting them out weekly. At the very least I expected a hotfix by now for the crashes, because I'm sure it's bleeding users.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Any EU (NA ping is too damn high) dexers wanna team up and slay some nerds?

I actually don't mind randoms in this game, I think I won more matches with them than with my usual stack... wish they talked more actually, the whole pinging system pretty much kills any need for verbal communication.

:negative:
I suck at shooters, but I don't mind to team up. Moscow time, not exactly EU though.

Gerrard

Arcane
How the fuck can anyone say with a straight face that this has good gameplay when it's literally CoD back when it had no movement options.

Seethe

Arbiter
I thought he was Native American. A very dark Native American.
I like how the medic is an Asian Nigger.

She's Jamaican

How the fuck can anyone say with a straight face that this has good gameplay when it's literally CoD back when it had no movement options.

Does CoD have recoil control? Shooting is more like CS than anything

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
No damage fall with distance. That's good to know if you are considering picking a G7 over a R-99. Can't say anything about accuracy loss, but at least in the training map you can snipe just as well with a pistol.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Because CoDdlers like their CoD. Some just pretend it's not exactly like CoD because they're ashamed that they're retards with no taste.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game has jumping and sliding, the only thing it misses is the walljumping from Titanfall. So the question is, how can anyone with a straight face say that it is like CoD, when it is not like CoD?

Seethe

Arbiter
Because CoDdlers like their CoD. Some just pretend it's not exactly like CoD because they're ashamed that they're retards with no taste.

Not really you mongoloid. This game is way, WAY harder than CoD. Every 12 year old can be good at CoD. The only reason you think it's like CoD, is because it's fast paced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom