Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

ortucis

Prophet
Aquatica is real-time RPG in the scenery of a secret underwater base. Explore the environment, find out who real its inhabitants and why you got rescue. Become one of them or escape.

:hmmm:

This needs to be Unreal Store exclusive, ASAP!

Solid Snail

Learned
Finally completed Turok 2. Never again. Maybe I'm too old, but the game was just too much confusing for me even with those question marks around.
First level was fine, second level increased the difficulty and than it became a giant maze with so many identical rooms, level 4, 5 and 6 are a nightmare.
I ended up on discovering 28 secrets out of 30, played on Normal, I enjoyed the gunplay but the whole exploration thing was horrible to me, and I played Doom to death.

Last edited:

Heretic

Cipher

Damn, it's looking great.
Looks bad.
ss_9fd8e8e9de892daecd9f1f68c4ba6fa117edf817.1920x1080.jpg

Have fun tending to the emotional needs of an unstable 18-year old diversity hire.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Arma 3 is 66% off and all its DLCs are also discounted. I bought the Apex campaign the other day, and I happen to like the sub tropical setting quite a lot. Anyone interested in the new coop modes, drop me a line.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I completed Apex Protocol solo a few weeks ago, I'd be down although I don't know about ping and timezones and such wherever you are. It's not too long but it's pretty good. I bought Laws of War DLC in the sale, and it's pretty good to be honest. About 4-5 hours long, more if I wanted to go completionist and see all the outcomes and choices. Probably the best told story in Bohemia history, BI also said that the same studio is working on a larger DLC right now in the 2018 roadmap.
Here's a few random screenshots I have taken over the past few weeks of playing Arma 3.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I completed Apex Protocol solo a few weeks ago, I'd be down although I don't know about ping and timezones and such wherever you are. It's not too long but it's pretty good. I bought Laws of War DLC in the sale, and it's pretty good to be honest. About 4-5 hours long, more if I wanted to go completionist and see all the outcomes and choices. Probably the best told story in Bohemia history, BI also said that the same studio is working on a larger DLC right now in the 2018 roadmap.
Here's a few random screenshots I have taken over the past few weeks of playing Arma 3.

Ok, look me up as "marmot15". BTW, I can't escape the feeling I'm looking at NovaLogic's Delta Force screenshots, even after all they've done to improve the engine.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Ok, look me up as "marmot15". BTW, I can't escape the feeling I'm looking at NovaLogic's Delta Force screenshots, even after all they've done to improve the engine.
Added.
I get what you mean. I played Joint Ops a bit with another forum, but I'm playing the game at lowest settings with only foliage on medium since my PC sucks. If you have a stronger PC Arma 3 can look way better.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Added.
I get what you mean. I played Joint Ops a bit with another forum, but I'm playing the game at lowest settings with only foliage on medium since my PC sucks. If you have a stronger PC Arma 3 can look way better.
Oh, I dind't mean your screenshots specifically. I've got nearly everything on ultra and view distance maxed out, but it still looks bad when I look into the distance. Still, a lot better than Arma 2 used to be.

Solid Snail

Learned
During the last sale I bough Tokyo Xanadu Ec. I really liked Xanadu Next and I thought it was similar, but I was too stupid to inform myself before spending 17€ on...this.
Which is nothing else than a Persona rip-off. Beware, the only Persona I played was 5, and even if there are plenty of issues I ended up liking it (you could cut 20 hours from Persona 5 and it would be a better game,but yeah), the art is very good, the soundtrack is very good, fights feel fast and fresh to be turn based.
Tokyo Xanadu is the anti-fun: everything is slow, the walking speed/run is superslow, minutes and minutes of flat cutscenes about typical japanase stereotypes who speak about nothing, the game features even a similar "social" system to Persona, but it's another dumbed down feature, you have "free time" between jobs but I had zero will to explore the world because everything looks plain boring.

Now I understand because this was the only Falcom game with such a big discount (from 60€ to 17€), probably it sold pretty much nothing.

Solid Snail

Learned
are you a masochist?
I think so. At least lately I stopped playing games I don't like, I used to beat the shit because I felt guilty for spending money on them, but I realized by doing so I'd waste both my money and my time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom