Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Can I get a challenge to remove the buttons?
If you build me a game that has the building flexibility of Minecraft, the building system of Rust, the combat of Mount & Blade, with enemy AI and graphics along the lines of The Forest, then I will remove buttons.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you build me a game that has the building flexibility of Minecraft, the building system of Rust, the combat of Mount & Blade, with enemy AI and graphics along the lines of The Forest, then I will remove buttons.

So it doesn't have to be a good game then ?

Pretty sure someone will whip out some shit in Unity in a couple of days.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It has to be good enough so the trees won't miss the forest for themselves.

Let's do this.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Let's do this.

No, it makes no sense. DarkUnderlord never wanted to get rid of buttons in the first place. Which you can see in that the removal of buttons requires an effort 1000x bigger than the one to bring buttons back.

And even if we'd do that, button-addicts would come up again and say they want buttons back again, and then a 1-hour video of people begging for buttons in StarStable would probably enough to satisfy the Raptor's needs and bring the buttons back.

There is no chance to win for button haters unfortunately.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
A compromise could be having the brofists received/given in the profile drop down menu instead of ratings received/given whilst ratings are still active, thus placing greater meta import on brofists, whilst those that enjoy buttons can still rate and can leave their rating alerts on.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Black+Bird+Question+Mark.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just tried to paypal it and there's literally not even that much on my card. Now what?
Do you accept donations?

This is it. This right here is the true crowning achievement of the annual Codex "remove the buttons" shenanigans—a man borrowing $5 he doesn't even have to buy a post rating button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom