Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Space Nugget

vatnik.png

Not biased at all.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I bet the game will make you choose a clan through Tender (by choosing your sire).
Yeah, I could see that. Entering your info into the app = character creation, and then you pick who you want to meet up with, determining your clan.

Honestly, that wouldn't even be a bad way to do it, if they're going to make the dating app thing a part of the world.

Deleted Member 16721

I bet the game will make you choose a clan through Tender (by choosing your sire).

I bet Tender will be on your cell phone in the game. Maybe you can meet your cattle through it. I think the game will be what I have always wished for - a GTA V style VtM game. You have a cell phone, contacts, explore an open world in the form of a modern city. How amazing would that be? Imagine GTA V on a smaller scope (they probably don't have money to do a huge GTA V world) in a VtM setting. Drooling at the thought broskis.

user

Savant

I bet Tender will be on your cell phone in the game. Maybe you can meet your cattle through it. I think the game will be what I have always wished for - a GTA V style VtM game. You have a cell phone, contacts, explore an open world in the form of a modern city. How amazing would that be? Imagine GTA V on a smaller scope (they probably don't have money to do a huge GTA V world) in a VtM setting. Drooling at the thought broskis.

A GTA V-like living world full of interesting npcs with a ton of dialog options, room for rp, side-quests which must be discovered and can be done in numerous ways, plenty of places to explore, a different experience with every clan, disciples used in many more interactions besides combat, great story, various hard to achieve endings
PLVFa.jpg

Vincente

Arbiter
Pretty much what Lacrymas said, I prefer handcrafted, linear hubs with interesting side quests and even more interesting NPC's to soulless shallow open world.

Deleted Member 16721

Not sure if you guys played GTA V but it was far from shallow and soulless. It had details galore, plenty of side quests and tons of areas to explore, with side activities like hunting, racing, doing flying cargo missions (which admittedly probably doesn't make sense in a VtM game, but they will find different side activities to do), tons of customization and just a great, atmospheric world to explore. I highly recommend you check out GTA V and then imagine it being a VtM setting. I've done exactly that and believe it would be a dream game if it ever came to fruition.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not sure if you guys played GTA V but it was far from shallow and soulless. It had details galore, plenty of side quests and tons of areas to explore, with side activities like hunting, racing, doing flying cargo missions (which admittedly probably doesn't make sense in a VtM game, but they will find different side activities to do), tons of customization and just a great, atmospheric world to explore. I highly recommend you check out GTA V and then imagine it being a VtM setting. I've done exactly that and believe it would be a dream game if it ever came to fruition.
You might have mistaken this place for RPGWatch.

Deleted Member 16721

The only reason I thought of GTA V was the Tender app. It would make perfect sense to have a cell phone in the game with Tender on it, and you use it to either find your ghouls or find victims. In GTA V you had a cell phone with "apps" and "websites" you could visit that impacted the actual game. So that made me think that maybe in the new VtM game you also had a cell phone.

user

Savant
No, thanks, open worlds are an unstructured mess that run counter to a tight narrative. Aka shit.
Pretty much what Lacrymas said, I prefer handcrafted, linear hubs with interesting side quests and even more interesting NPC's to soulless shallow open world.

(Took longer than I thought for these replies)

I get that people like Todd have traumatized you, but these are not mutually exclusive and within the realm of possibility, even if extremely unlikely to happen.

Deleted Member 16721

Imagine you have a cell phone with Tender and find a girl, who you make a ghoul. Maybe you could create various ghouls to do your bidding - bring you money, ammunition, equipment, blood packs, etc.. But you would have to win them over over time with Tender, some maybe more tricky to get than others. You could have a legion of ghouls in the city bringing stuff to your apartment/hideout/headquarters. Like Mystic said this is probably extremely unlikely but I would probably bite someone's neck and suck their blood to get a game like this.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The missions were high quality too, which could work in a VtM setting.
You mean those missions where you take a common criminal then use your magic power of slow motion to murder 10-20 FBI agents while seeming to be immune to their bullets?!

Deleted Member 16721

Play the game more, GTA V is very good. Just wish it had more RPG elements and customization as well as a created character. But it's a very high quality game, fuck what you heard. I played it for 80 hours and was highly impressed, the detail in the world itself is unmatched in any game I've ever played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom