Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... are you poligameous or monogameous?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mostly play one rpg to completion, then I turn to another. Sometimes I have some unobtrusive strategy campaign on the side (HoM&M3, Europa Barbarorum), but usually I focus on one game.

Farewell into the night

Depends on the game. I can play something for 7 evenings and then move on to the another game. Sometimes I come back to the game after a year, just to play it shortly, then abandon it again to play something else.

Trashos

Arcane
One at a time, and I usually spend many months with each game I like before I move on to the next.

I am nothing like that with women, btw. Weird.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Totally poligameous, but I won't usually play more than one game from the same genre, excluding MP games.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I finish whatever I'm playing. Mostly because RPGs have a narrative, and I dislike losing track of it. That's what happened when I was juggling Icewind Dale, Wasteland 2, Planescape: Torment, The Witcher, Gothic and Deus Ex. Eventually I played them all individually in one go, and it worked out much better. Especially with The Witcher, which has a somewhat slow narrative drowned in fetch/kill quests of various kinds.

Incendax

Augur
70/30.

Most of my time will be a single game, usually RPG or Tacticool. But I’ve got a night I play DOS2 with friends, and another night for Stellaris with friends. And sometimes I will throw in a smaller side game like Forgotton Anne, Quest for Glory, or a Grimrock clone.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I play multiple games on multiple systems. One or a few games will get more game time, but I usually have 5-10 games active all the time. Usually 1-4 longer games and 3-6 shorter games.

I usually complete 55-65 games a year.

RPGs consume too much time for me to split my attention. For instance, a bunch of my friends are playing Apex Legends and I would probably at least try it for a night of drunken fun but I'm 70 hours deep in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and can't even guess at when it'll end.

I also have the shitty habit of abandoning games if I stop playing them for too long and start another. It took me years to get through Underrail because of that (and I don't even remember the game I played instead fwiw).

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Whatever I am working on... and something special on the side. Usually somehow related to the one I am working on.
So game design incest or something.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Neither. I focus on one main game until I am done with it, but I play others on the side for some variety. Ones that suit being played in short bursts, like multiplayer battles etc.

Tiger

Learned
One only, and only when I know I'm in the right frame of mind and can fully commit to it for the coming weeks. Once I mentally commit it consumes me to the extent I'm spending whole days at work thinking about it, reading up on it and working on spreadsheets of builds etc, counting down the hours until I go home. This can last for days or months depending how in love I am with it at the time. Eventually I get to the stage where I'm having to convince myself I'm having fun but deep down I know the love is starting to fade. I eventually own up to the fact it's becoming a chore and dump it. Fully. I can't stand even thinking about the game. I go through a period of not gaming at all until one day, something clicks and I feel that urge to commit to something else and it all starts again.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Multiple games, also from one genre. Currently a bit too many so i closed off borders for newcomers until i have finished a few.

Keeping track of the plotlines is less hassle as it sounds. I mean you can also keep track of different tv shows without mixing them up.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
I couldn't imagine playing Arcanum/Planescape Torment, Deus Ex and Bloodborne at the same time. I guess I could play an RTS like Age of Empires 2 on the side of a RPG, but I can't divide my focus between two single player RPGs. I immerse myself into the world and lore, playing another RPG at the same time would break that immersion.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I usually have a Monday to Friday game and a weekend game. Monday to Friday for modern shit & weekend for oldschool stuff. On either I don't start a new game until I've finished the current one. Finish can mean abandon if it's boring or overly obtuse.

Terra

Cipher
Typically I'll have one big game I'll stick with till completion, usually an RPG, along with other shorter/multiplayer titles I can play in case I'm not in the mood for an rpg after work. That said, I have Pathfinder and Berseria on the go atm, with the former gobbling up most of my time and everything else has been left by the wayside. I find it really hard to go back to an RPG midway through if I've set it aside/got distracted by something else for a god length of time.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
polygameous but i play different genre, usually RPG with other fast , action based game. when i am tired and just wanna play some stuff without thinking too much i play stuff like serious sam and when i want immerse myself i play RPGs

Arulan

Cipher
I can play 1-3 games at a time, but typically varied for different situations. RPGs for instance I enjoy playing alone. When I'm talking with friends, a strategy game like Europa Universalis IV is appropriate, or simply something multi-player. If I'm already playing a lengthy game, I'll specifically look for shorter titles to keep some variety.

Deleted Member 16721

How can you freaks play multiple RPGs at once? It's way better to focus on one so you can immerse yourself in the game world. Y'all are some weirdos, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom