Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Anticipated RPGs 2019

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Not sure if this has been covered yet, if it has I apologize. My most anticipated would have to:

The Scroll of Taiwu (English version)
Outward
the new Vampire: The Masquerade RPG
The Outer Worlds
Knights of the Chalice II

Honorable mentions:
TES Blades (PC version)
Queen's Wish
Disco Elysium

in that order. What are your top 5 most anticipated RPGs?

Last edited by a moderator:

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure if this has been covered yet, if it has I apologize. My most anticipated would have to:

The Scroll of Taiwu (English version)

in that order.

What's so special about The Scroll of Taiwu?

Deleted Member 16721

What's so special about The Scroll of Taiwu?

It's just a very deep and complex sim/RPG game. I've heard it compared to Kenshi in terms of the simulation aspects, exploring where you can find anything and everything, and just depth in general with all the detailed mechanics. It's a top seller on Steam and currently a Chinese-only game, but an English version is coming. I expect to have hundreds of hours of time with it when it releases.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Druidstone, Stygian and The Game Formerly Known as No Truce with the Furies. Shit like KotC and Realms Beyond won't come out, so it doesn't count.

There's literally a stickied thread with a poll btw.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
TES: Blades will be CRPGOTY. You heard it here first. You also heard it here last. Now, leaving aside obvious contenders:

Call of Saregnar -- which I doubt will actually come out this year -- looks really endearing, and I hope they pull it off.

Fallen Gods also looks cool. Also probably gonna get pushed past 2019.

Deleted Member 16721

Forgot all about TES: Blades. I'm looking forward to that game too.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
I too am looking forward to sitting in the airport and draining my battery on a shallow excuse for a blobber for a solid 15 minutes of gameplay before silicon starts melting out the sides of my phone.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Code Vein if it ever comes out, and the next Elder Scrolls Online expansion. Looks like a pretty dismal year for the genre as far as I can tell.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
VggZYI8.png

Armoire: Heralds of the Eldritch Abomination

:ibelieveincleve:

Deleted Member 16721

Forgot about Queens Wish too. Would be an honorable mention for me along with the PC release of TES Blades.

Deleted Member 16721

Tons of choice and consequence in Scroll of Taiwu too for those interested. A lot of Gameplay C&C.

The Real Fanboy
The Outer Worlds of course for number one most anticipated! After that it would have to be Fire Emblem: Three Houses! Don't really know any other rpgs coming this year (oh the new Zelda game that's coming out too!)

purpleblob

Savant
None - don't think any of the games I'm really interested will be out this year:

Realms Beyond
Black Geyser
Next Expeditions game
Kingmaker 2 or new Pathfinder game by Owlcat

deama

Prophet
Let's hope that The Scroll of Taiwu's translation doesn't suck, for all we know they might just run it through google translate; in fact, I think that's what they're actually gonna do, chinks are very racist aren't they? They'll probably say "fuck these western faggots, just give them the google translated shit, they'll buy them anyway!"
Well jokes on them! I'll just pirate it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom