Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
People here saying Hollow Knight is easy... what the fuck...

I'm betting they didn't get to the Godhome

godhome is stupid boring and for autists

hurrrrrrrrrr here's a tiny arena with bosses that one-hit-kill you are you excite yet

did not face NKG

unlocked that dlc (as in had it appear at the town) right before the end, couldnt be bothered to do it

did not do the Path of Pain. Maybe didn't even get to the White Palace at all.

somehow i missed the path of pain, prob woulda done it otherwise

"herp derp Hollow Knight is too easy look at my skillz" -> fuck off.

herp derp hollow knight is a soopa hard game because it has one hidden hard platforming sequence and two bits of dlc with hard stronk boss and one autistic arena

next thing you're gonna tell me the colloseum of fools is hard or something

DraQ

Arcane
It looks like that they're trying to make true combat in the sequel (with the sword, the bow and shit). But you could kill the ennemies so easily with the propulsion ability (smashing them to the ground/walls)... I guess that this power has to disappear for the combat to make sense and be replaced by an air dash or something.
I think they confirmed that the ability is going to be in.
Besides, it's pretty much Ori's signature move and based on what I've seen in the first game (complete and utter lack of "WTF they were thinking?!"/"Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?!" moments) the creators seem to actually know and understand what they are doing, so it's unlikely they would blunder into such a monumental mistake.

I'm more worried about shifting focus towards combat in general and, especially, M$'s meddling.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
TL;DR "couldn't bother to do the actually difficult shit. BTW game is easy."

accurate

i don't care how difficult godhome is supposed to be when it's boring enough to be unplayable

and even then, i could just as well say, and in fact i already have:

tl;dr game has three difficult spots, ergo it's soopa hard

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What bar are you comparing this to though? It's certainly harder than any metroid or castlevania game I can recall playing. It's a game I'd expect anyone to be able to beat, but it's also a game I'd expect most people to get killed dozens of times while playing their first run.

v1rus

Arcane
Did the Path of Pain.

Only things left -

-Grind out gold to upgrade the geo charm
-Beat NKG
-Get 2nd and 3rd ending

aaand

Godhome.

Darn it. I absolutely fucking loathe the idea of it. Should i really arse around with that thing, or call it quites and move on to other games? I loved Hollow Knight, greatly (tho i didnt expect THIS big of a game (guess that perfectionist play-style adds shitton of time)), but I really dont know why I'd mess with that shit. Also, kinda scared Godhome is gonna leave a sour taste in my mouth after such a nice game.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Darn it. I absolutely fucking loathe the idea of it. Should i really arse around with that thing, or call it quites and move on to other games? I loved Hollow Knight, greatly (tho i didnt expect THIS big of a game (guess that perfectionist play-style adds shitton of time)), but I really dont know why I'd mess with that shit. Also, kinda scared Godhome is gonna leave a sour taste in my mouth after such a nice game.
don't do it. Godhome is a pure masochism.

v1rus

Arcane
don't do it. Godhome is a pure masochism.

Yeah, it looks a bit too much. I'd like to give a try to new bosses, but a boss rush, reusing bosses you already fought...

Seems like a cheap and easy way to add huge amounts of "content". But then again... I really loved the game. And I always did all fucking stuff in all games. Super Meat Boy? Perfect completion. Dark Souls? All achievements and shiet, etc, etc.

We 'll see.

v1rus

Arcane
Super Meat Boy? Perfect completion.
eh, if you're enough masochist to soldier through super meat boy, then you can't try gohome.

I actually fucking loved every single minute of Super Meat Boy. Path of Pain burnt me out because I couldnt quit, else I'd lose progress, while SMB had perfect size levels.

Then again, i smoked a fuckton of weed back when I was playing SMB, so eh, that prolly helped.

Damned Registrations

Check out godhome, but don't bother with the pantheons. Just go to the statue hall and check out the harder versions of your favourite boss fights. Some of them are really cool.

v1rus

Arcane
Only NKG left. Its a PITA tho.

Did first two pantheons from the first try, got killed by Zote in the third (lol), if I learned his pattern third looks like it 'd be a breeze tho.

Fourth looks like where the autism starts, but it also seems quite doable, with a bit of practice tho. Not sure how fucked up Pure Vessel is tho, regular one is ez-pz.

Its the final one where all the autism is tbh. You gotta do the whole fourth pantheon, NKG, Pure vessel and fucking Absolute Radiance, without a fuck up, all while doing the ~25 min run of the first three easy pantheons.

No fucking thanks, tyvm.

I really, really, really enjoyed this game. I'd like to beat NKG, since he seems like a reasonable challenge (even tho he hands my ass over 10 secs in every time), but I'm afraid I'm almost burnt out. Not sure Im gonna manage to keep playing the game, and once it gets out of my system, the challenge is gona increase tenfold.

Damned Registrations

You'd be surprised. I picked it back up a couple days ago after a long break and beat NKG for my first time after maybe like a dozen attempts? All the moves are easy to dodge individually once you can see them coming. Pure vessel is harder to execute for some moves and a lot more random, but I got good enough with him to beat him reliably after some practice. I think I'm going to try the final pantheon so I can at least fight the hardest boss in the challenge room. I don't think I'll bother finishing the pantheon though, let alone doing all the challenges to get the final secret thing.

v1rus

Arcane
You'd be surprised. I picked it back up a couple days ago after a long break and beat NKG for my first time after maybe like a dozen attempts? All the moves are easy to dodge individually once you can see them coming. Pure vessel is harder to execute for some moves and a lot more random, but I got good enough with him to beat him reliably after some practice. I think I'm going to try the final pantheon so I can at least fight the hardest boss in the challenge room. I don't think I'll bother finishing the pantheon though, let alone doing all the challenges to get the final secret thing.

Wait, there is a final secret thing? I thought you beat PoH, give the flower to Godmaker, and thats it.

The madmen went further?

Okagron

Prophet
Wait, there is a final secret thing? I thought you beat PoH, give the flower to Godmaker, and thats it.
Godmaster added two endings: Beat all Pantheons and Absolute Radiance for one. Do those two things plus give the Delicate Flower to the Godseeker to get the other ending.

In my opinion, they went overboard with the Godmaster DLC. I know this type of content is made to be extremely hard, but you can reach a point when it's just too much.

v1rus

Arcane
Godmaster added two endings: Beat all Pantheons and Absolute Radiance for one. Do those two things plus give the Delicate Flower to the Godseeker to get the other ending.

Ya, I sorta knew that - PoH, as in, Pantheon of Hallownest.

What I was asking about was, is there some another insane thingy that Damned Registrations referred to, seeing as bringing the flower is not much more than a nuisance.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm kinda scared for Silksong, i hope it's not going to be as retardedly hard as godhome/nkg/path of pain.

Okagron

Prophet
Ya, I sorta knew that - PoH, as in, Pantheon of Hallownest.

What I was asking about was, is there some another insane thingy that Damned Registrations referred to, seeing as bringing the flower is not much more than a nuisance.
I'm willing to bet it's the latter ending i mentioned. Or it's something else that didn't i get in my research because the stuff i mentioned are the secrets of Godmaster as far as i'm aware.

The reason i'm pretty much never doing the entirety of the Pantheon is because i can't do the last round of the Colosseum of Fools, and you have to do it to get the boss that spawns there to spawn in the Panteon. I managed to do the Nightmare King after like two hours of fighting him, but i can't do the last round of Colosseum of Fools. The last round always fucks me up at the part with no floor because you can't heal.

I honestly hope Silksong's hardest content doesn't reach the insanity of Godmaster or Path of Pain. I don't mind optional harder content, but you need to know when to stop in my opinion.

v1rus

Arcane
I honestly hope Silksong's hardest content doesn't reach the insanity of Godmaster or Path of Pain. I don't mind optional harder content, but you need to know when to stop in my opinion.

I doubt it will. They got ton of shit, afaik. And ye, hard is good, but there is difference between hard and ridiculous, especially when the "hard" part comes from uninspired design. I mean, I'd probably do the fucking thing, if I didnt feel like I was wasting my time doing it. PoH feels like nothing but a waste of time.

Might do the pantheon of the knight tho, if NKG doesnt destroy my will to play the game (ya, im just bitching, I gave him only about 15 mins) >_>

Okagron

Prophet
Yeah, i still really liked this game overall, even with how ridiculous hard some of the optional content gets. And i'm honestly still looking forward to Silksong.

v1rus

Arcane
Beat NKG after an hour or two of trying.

You folks were right, he really isnt that fucked up, its just that his pattern takes a shitton of time to figure out, and then you have to figure out when you can safely hit him. And then ofc, greed. Discipline is ultra important, since he punishes greediness like 90% of time.

Nice fight all in all.

Tigranes

Arcane
As someone who isn't very good at this kind of stuff at all, I thought the main game itself was perfectly fine. I think I beat the main game at around 100% (out of, what, 117? with DLC?), and then faffed around a little with the "do all the bosses again" thing before deciding it's not for me. I certainly wouldn't try the ironman.

There were bosses that took over a dozen tries, especially if I came at them missing a helpful charm, and the third arena fight took forever, but I'm OK with that, especially after I figured out the bloody teleport thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom