Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
My favorite tank is one that kills enemies so fast they don't have time to hit back :shittydog:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
For those who have finished the game, how long do I have left considering I've found one of the three keys? Chapter 7 included.
The wriggling man has a key, the witch has the other key and one you can find in one of the basement maps when you go through several fogs on the right side of the map switching the lantern on and off as you go.
I've never noticed a timer at the end, but you won't spend weeks there anyway. Chapter 7 are just more maps with weak mobs to kill (in the kingdom areas) and then more wild hunt maps (assault on the first world).

Sharpedge

Prophet
For those who have finished the game, how long do I have left considering I've found one of the three keys? Chapter 7 included.
It should not be too long. Chapter 7 is quite short and I actually quite like it. I think if you ignore the Wild Hunt spam of the House and consider this chapter on its own, it is rather good.

Incendax

Augur
Summons are the best tanks in the game, by a considerable margin. Especially with some cheap rods to get 9 units out of Animate Dead.

Yes, it's true that there are some monsters that will AOE shred your summons, and you have to use different tactics for them. But 95% of the enemies in this game get bogged down by your summons. Skeletal Champions don't care about Beguiling Influence, Wild Gaze, attribute damage/drain, level loss, and they casually ignore Wail of the Banshee. Even major bosses like Siroket only take down 3 skeletons at a time, and can be completely paralyzed by the sheer number of undead.

The necromancer swarm playstyle really does work in this game. Especially because your biggest enemies are Undead and Fey.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lol what. Overall score have moved into 70% and Mostly Positive while recent score is 66%.. don't understand. Overall was 69% and recent has been less than 69% all the time.. maybe versions of the game bought outside Steam are ignored or something...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

tfw having imp invis & mirror image up, hiding behind Valerie and then getting smoked in combat round 1, clearly those archers are scripted to attack the low ac target no matter what

fucking sirotek, no wonder they went bankrupt

Mandragora swarms on unfair:

Tanking is nonsense, they drain your stats so quickly and do so much HP damage there's nothing to tank there. You won't get a heal off and even if you do, you won't survive long enough to get a second heal off next round. Neither do any summons.
Fiery body, despite saying it protects from stat damage, does in fact, fuck all. You get stat drained no matter what.

Desperation.
Do you have problems with spells not working as advertised? Do you suffer greatly from wild hunt packs?
Do mandragora swarms deal several hundred HP damage to you per combat round without requiring an attack roll while at the same time draining your stats to zero in 15er steps without allowing you to save or protect against it in any way, shape or form?
Fear not, there's still hope.
Buy the season pass and you can be a winner too!

Shadenuat

Arcane
They drain STR so only very high STR characters can withstand them (or Jaethal). There's also some additional poison I believe. I managed with during my paladin playthrough, but only about 1-2 swarms not 4 at a time.

The summons die too quickly and sadly creatures who have no blood still get blood sucked :M

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Jaethal becoming human is such a huge nerf... especially since you just get some useless heals...
If you play with Jaethal better kill/never finish Tristian questline and get her some evil outcome from hers.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Are you talking about the keys in the HATEOT? Must be, since I don't recall any other istance of three keys.

If so, I would say 10 hours.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I remember it allowing a save though.
I checked the combat log, the fiery body guys didn't receive any STR damage, so this did work, but died from Dex damage. Still, stat damage is stat damage and FB should protect from it. Dunno, perhaps a bug, perhaps intended?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I checked the combat log, the fiery body guys didn't receive any STR damage, so this did work, but died from Dex damage. Still, stat damage is stat damage and FB should protect from it. Dunno, perhaps a bug, perhaps intended?
STR is temporary damage, DEX is drain maybe that's why? Bug or not ismystery.

Anyone know if Enervation works with sneak attack?

C'mon, men, someone has to know dis
My guess is no because the way it works in game SA adds damage to ray of same elemental type ray is, and Enervate doesn't have elemental damage (I doubt it would do negative damage per rb). I am not even sure there is negative damage in the game - instead it as scripted as some sort of "divine" damage, which is what you see if you spam Harm for example; and curiously same type of damage Disintigrate does.

Last edited:

Wolfe

Arbiter
Buy the season pass and you can be a winner too!

Nice music :D

It's hilarious to me that invincible Jaethal allowed me to bypass all of that. What's more retarded is that as human, she should no longer be immune to the ability drain. Not the case with my invincible Jaethal :hug:best waifu confirmed?

This game, man.. this game.

The Wriggling Man was a pretty challenging fight until I realised that he gets destroyed by AoE spells with Reflex and Fortitude saves. Stormbolts can take him out of commision if he fails his save, then Prismatic Sprays can finish him.

The Mirror Memories quest seems to be bugged, I can't find the second one and advance the quest. Nevermind, I messed it up, it works now. I still need to find the third key.

Btw, I'm think I'm up to 80 AC now and 45-50 touch AC. Found this necklace in the House that gives a +5 inherent bonus.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom