Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Use Ctrl-U and the Shift key to look around corners. Alt-K is stealth mode if you hold down the Windows start key while you are moving in Stealth mode.

... was kidding, of course. This guy wanted to know how to strafe. :shredder:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Where did you use it?

To get the attention of a certain horde of demons.

The scene plays normally, but at the end of it it crashes on missing resource.

Please make it possible to travel back there after visiting it once.

This is awful. I swear I tested that logic approximately 5 million times over and over again until I felt like I would vomit if I saw that cutscene again.

Checking on this right now, whatever it is it could not be major, will be fixed in next update.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Okay, but that seems like a problem you can plan for, like make archery guy have lots of strength? Seems bow would also have a better chance to lethal blow if its more accurate as well.

Just wrote down some notes to that effect, will be in next update.

Can you clarify what you mean here - I was just talking about a greater hit rate for bows (due to investment in accuracy) naturally triggering the chance for a lethal blow more often (because lethal blows only have a chance to trigger on hits), not any kind of inherent bonus to lethal blow based on accuracy skill, which would be on top of the extra you get already for hitting more often?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Where did you use it?

To get the attention of a certain horde of demons.

The scene plays normally, but at the end of it it crashes on missing resource.

Please make it possible to travel back there after visiting it once.

Oh lord you were right ... it crashed

25 YEARS WITHOUT RECURSION TESTING ! I'M CHECKING OUT OF THIS FUNNY FARM, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
giphy.gif

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

(will be fixed in next update)

UPDATE : Plus you were supposed to get 10,000 EXP pts per character after that miniquest. It was an index off by one in the lookup table for miniquests.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Okay, but that seems like a problem you can plan for, like make archery guy have lots of strength? Seems bow would also have a better chance to lethal blow if its more accurate as well.

Just wrote down some notes to that effect, will be in next update.

Can you clarify what you mean here - I was just talking about a greater hit rate for bows (due to investment in accuracy) naturally triggering the chance for a lethal blow more often (because lethal blows only have a chance to trigger on hits), not any kind of inherent bonus to lethal blow based on accuracy skill, which would be on top of the extra you get already for hitting more often?

Accuracy should be added in the to-hit modifier for all shot, thrown and hurled weapons.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Are the Necromancer high level spells any good?
  • Death Cloud lvl 12
  • Death Gaze lvl 12
  • Life Drain lvl 13
  • Death Wish lvl 21

Dorateen

Arcane
Are the Necromancer high level spells any good?
  • Death Cloud lvl 12
  • Death Gaze lvl 12
  • Life Drain lvl 13
  • Death Wish lvl 21

Our party's necromancer just reached level 12, so only have access to Death Cloud and Death Gaze. Both spells have pretty high power level costs, but did a quick run through the Blackspike Mountains and had 100% success rate killing single opponents at power level 5. Note, the spells can target one to six enemies, and there's something satisfying about creating a cloud that hovers over a group of monsters and they have to save each round or die.

Both spells have neat animations, too, which unfortunately I didn't quite capture in this screenshot.

mWkAHAy.jpg

Life Drain seems like it will be a nice option to siphon health onto the caster. And I can't wait to see Death Wish in action.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

So how does exploration work? It seems there's a ton of secrets. 600 hours of playtime but how? Is the game open so you can explore any map you want? And any areas or secrets that haven't been discovered by anyone yet?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The first 20% of the game are somewhat self-contained, but after that you can go to pretty much any map you want. The playtime depends on random encounters being on or off and whether you are a completionist or just want to finish as quickly as possible. With random encounters off and a (somewhat) completionist attitude I finished the game in about 200 hours.

Gunnar

Arbiter
So how does exploration work? It seems there's a ton of secrets. 600 hours of playtime but how? Is the game open so you can explore any map you want? And any areas or secrets that haven't been discovered by anyone yet?

Nobody knows the name to command the genie. You could be the first to find it and become a Grimoire legend!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Grimoire 2.0.0.20 Update !!

Update 2.0.0.20

• INT (Intelligence) now gains extra skillpoints for characters in MENTAL category at Level Advancement if INT >= 25
  • Holy fountain effects regain SPIRIT
  • Persistent spell "Sonic Shield" now working
  • All spells involving attacks with illusion, hypnosis or light now have improved saving throws if persistent spell MIRROR MIRAGE or GAZE REFLECTION is active
  • Crafts succeed with much lower skill in required skills once craft is acquired.
  • Bug fixed applying poison to target on penetration in weapons poisoned by crafting
  • Initial skills for races/professions are based on a 3D6 roll plus any bonus modifiers for their race-class combination
  • Fixed Demonhead Coin Easter Egg
  • Fixed Owl Miniquest
  • Energy firearms correctly discharge power cells
  • Lethal blow for open handed fighting for Assassins/Jesters only with LETHAL BLOW > 75
  • MEDITATION skill now enhances SCRIBE skill when scribing spellbooks
  • "ACCURACY" skill added to To-Hit bonus for ALL Thrown, Shot, Lashed and Hurled weapons
  • Heal, regain magic points and restore vitality at double the normal metabolic rate sleeping in front of a hearth
  • Fixes to some text formatting in message window
  • Small fixes to interface to improve keyboard support
  • Improvements to encounter groups and some monster data

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry for bothering ye nice folks, but can anyone give me some advice?

I've just recently started playing the V2 version which Cleve is selling on itch.io. (V2.20). Unfortunately, every time I try to go fullscreen (to avoid the black bars around the game screen) or change resolution, the game crashes. Curiously, some time ago I tried a pirated version of V2 (2.8 if I'm not mistaken) and the game didn't crash and ran just mighty fine.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for helping a poor Sapiens with no tech skills.

pavis

Educated

I've just recently started playing the V2 version which Cleve is selling on itch.io. (V2.20). Unfortunately, every time I try to go fullscreen (to avoid the black bars around the game screen) or change resolution, the game crashes. Curiously, some time ago I tried a pirated version of V2 (2.8 if I'm not mistaken) and the game didn't crash and ran just mighty fine.
Any ideas?

Maybe the file game.cfg is corrupted. You can try to delete it in your Grimoire folder and the game will create a new one at the next start.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

Any ideas?

Maybe the file game.cfg is corrupted. You can try to delete it in your Grimoire folder and the game will create a new one at the next start.
I had to reinstall it and it works fine now.
Thank you very much for your help, man. :salute:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Anyone have any idea why one of my retarded characters refuses to raise any skills by himself over 50? He got music to 50, never budged above that. Same with lockpicking when before he'd get a skillup on each successful opening. Now he's stuck at 35 swordsmanship (prob because he gets it up to 50 from the ring of swordsmen) and it also just won't go up at all.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And more importantly, how the fuck do I return the encyclic syllabus to the tabernacle library?! :rage:

edit: nvm

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam:
this dev seems really snide and antagonistic, insulting people who aren't even criticizing him.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 16 Feb @ 7:12am
You mean the guy who said he really liked the game and he even liked some creative products by Nazis/Serial killers? Couldn't let that slide. I think he compared me to some white nationalist/rabid supremacist very casually. Praise like that, I don't need.

In the past year I have been accused of crimes by anonymous people on the internet who don't know me, don't know anything about me and don't know if I really did any of those things. They are anonymous and so there is little cost to them in making such wild, outrageous accusations. if I ignored all of them, you would find people on the internet assume you must be guilty of such things. The truth is, all of it is just invented out of thin air and compounded by other people adding to thin air with more thin air. All anonymous accusations by anonymous people making up the wildest stuff they can think of.

If they had made these accusations with their real name and details, they would be liable for prosecution.

You have to understand, it's been 25 years of this while working on the game. A lot of people on the internet don't actually know for certain what I "did" and usually after asking for specifics, they always discover ... there aren't any. I built an underground shelter and was predicting a new Ice Age ... kind of like the one that hit this year. This means I must be "crazy" ... or something. Then some other guy says I am Literally Hitler, I belong to the Aryan Front and sell meth and eat babies.

The reality is, I don't even take Ibuprofen. I have no idea what all this is about, you can't blame me for thinking very little of the people talking this way about me. "Hey Cleve, great game, I know many Nazis who also made interesting things." I have no idea what any of these people is even talking about. It never ends. I have tried to be more diplomatic in recent months but it's not because I want to sell more copies of the game so much as just not give any more bait to these kinds of people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom