Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Voting for E

Baltika9

Arcane
I must say I am quite surprised about the voting. Something in the general nature of these fora led me to believe that after adding F (which I struggled with, I thought it might end up too much like what things already are and get boring. But I had an Idea), the votes would be mostly 80-20 between F and another choice.

This is a pleasant surprise.

Let me tell you the tale of Lord Sector Marius Hax...

This has all the potential to end up Well

of Eternity

We're going to turn Guilliman into a monster that makes the Traitor Primarchs look cuddly, MARK MY WORDS!!

That, or we're going full Waifu Quest once again and turn Guilliman into the ultimate pimp of space
You mean, like this?
volrath_marine_pimp.jpg
warhammer%2040k%20conversion%20ultramarine%20(3).jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
It's my intention to bring the universe under the bootheel of the Empire, crushing all that stand in our way without mercy.

If you have any other pitiable human goal, whether "peace" or "redemption", turn back now and pick the other option.

I aim to bathe the cosmos in an inescapable torrent of blood and extend the Emperor's dominion to the end of time and space.
Khorne+approves+of+this+message+_eceb6e6954847bdea73c022b9bae95a8.jpg

Seriously, though, I see a way this might work. If we inspire enough fervent belief in the empire, we may be able to will the Emperor into another 'Chaos God.' But would that make us, and every other human, a daemon?
+M

He may already be a Chaos God. He has his greater Daemons (Living Saints,) he has his lesser Daemons (the Legion of the Dead,) and he has a dark counterpart from ancient history who may be a part of him.

As we know when She Who Thirsts was born and the Eye of Terror first blossomed, the decadent Eldar Gods were consumed, all but three: Khaine the Bloody Handed, warfare, discipline and dedication. Isha, fertility, growth and hope. Cegorach, anarchy, jest and recklessness.

Why did they survive? Simple, because they are aspects of Slaanesh's elder brothers: Khorne, combat, rage and abandonment. Nurgle, rot, endurance and despair. Tzeentch, cunning, hidden meaning and change. Or they were aspects of the Eldar Gods, but that is neither here nor there.

Now Slaanesh, of infinite sensation and self absorption has his counterpart in cold, unfeeling, deadly Ynnead. So we see reflections eternally echoing through the Warp.

The Emperor is anathema to the Chaos Gods, true death and a feared enemy. There is another who can be said to be such a one, an ancient being who waxes and wanes as Chaos does. Old Malal, madness, malice and enmity to all. Perhaps he is the opposite of our God Emperor, who is wisdom, zeal and a benefactor to the galaxy entire personified.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun fact: there's no option to rediscover old technology or start inventing new. Too OP? :M

Or perhaps it's not exactly what we're choosing right now? ie from what Logos said, we're choosing the belief of Guilliman , not the mean he'll be able to use to achieve his goals.

LogOS

Again I am confused. From my calculus, either A, E or F has won. I am again at a loss. Does anyone know the actual proper result? I think I'm calculating it wrong.

Kipeci

Arcane
This is the tally from my count.

agentorange A
Kz3r0 A
Storyfag A
hello friend A
Kayerts A > F

Grimgravy B
Nahel B
The Brazilian Slaughter B
Kipeci B
Baltika9 B > E

Andnjord C
Azira C
baud C
oscar C > A
hoothoot C > E
ERYFKRAD C > F

Jaedar D

Urthor E
muckguppy E
MoistCloister E
Lithium Flower E
daveyarsegallant E
Esquilax E
Nevill E
Night Goat E

Commissar Draco F
Neanderthal F
Obsequious Approbation F
Sheev F
a bear named spigot F
Kalin F
Lambchop19 F > A

It would seem that E has the most first preference votes (eight) plus two non-preferred votes, so it ends up taking the lead.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Congrats. Good to know that Roboute will keep zher chin up while raising zher black son on zher own. Que sera sera, faithless degenerates. :M

4JH9yVS.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
here i am, thinking of participating in a cyoa for the first time in a long while

and i see that the other esteemed participants already pick the dumbest option for the first choice

:backawayslowly:

Esquilax

Arcane
5 pages of back-and-forth DISCUSS!!! and drama after one initial post. This is already promising.

But so help me fucking God, if you retards vote for the Tsundere Dragon-Rabbit I will never forgive you.

Esquilax

Arcane
...which option is that?

Sadly, because we aren't Dark Eldar, there isn't one. :(

I'm more implying that I enjoy that the character creation drama is a time-honoured CYOA tradition, and that I have missed it greatly.

Now flop to E.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I hope Lion wakes from stasis in one of the choices down the road, punches Girlyman just because he can and walks away scoffing disappointed at the entirety of IoM.

Keeping an eyes on this.

Baltika9

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom