Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 7 will be the death of me

ToddMcF2002

Educated
Who designed this insanity? Rhetorical question I know who it was. Earlier today I was walking down the cellar stairs when I suddenly recalled this book I read about 2 months ago where some witches stole their sisters face and holy shit its the solution to this damn puzzle up in mountains! I was so damn excited. But then I started getting pissed. Who develops a game where you find an object at level ~5 that isn't applicable until 75% through a 100+ hour game expecting the player to recall all this shit? These are the kind of clues left by serial killers not game designers. Bradley what-the-actual-f*ck is wrong with you? Is Bradley the freaking Zodiac killer? This is NOT an isolated example. I've put together a damned spreadsheet of all the freaking items I've found in this game and where I've stashed all the shit. Rocks, Idols.,Ray guns, Credit cards, Key Cards, strange books, log entries, power modules, decoders etc. Half this stuff isn't relevant anywhere near where its found and sure and hell anytime near when its found. I think I'm losing my shit over this game. I love and hate it.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Pretty much all the reasons everyone hates this fucking game! Umpani? Dane? Boomerangs? Forget about it!!!

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Welcome to Wizardry VII!

tumblr_pn2t61OEM31xcdgeso1_1280.png

ToddMcF2002

Educated
Holy hell that is funny! All the NPC’s stole my goddamn maps. Every chest I open has dust in it or crap I don’t need. I have an Open Office spreadsheet with 10 tabs with annotated notes on map composites of literally hundreds of screenshots taken on the Cosmic Forge automapper. Most of the maps have 50+ color coded lines to commentary or codes leading to conversation histories. I am that frazzled half insane poor bastard in that last pic no question! And do you think I can find anybody in the real world that has a clue what I’m going through??? My wife saw my spreadsheets once and now I have to hide them from her like Russell Crowe in a Beautiful Mind :shredder:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It was the first RPG that I bought and still among my favorites. Now imagine what it was like to wait for a proper spiritual sequel to it for over 20 years - and being teased by Grimoire for nearly the same amount of time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The insanity. Really. This is just a sample....

seek help

So either you have a true photographic memory or you have never played Wizardry 7

well actually...

img201706170001.jpg

:negative:

For what it's worth, though, I stopped making maps that detailed roughly after Orkogre, and only scribbled down general overviews with the important stuff, because IMO the areas in Wiz7 are actually pretty easy to remember.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Drawing maps on plain unmarked paper? Roxor confirmed for either casual or hardcore, can't decide which. Stupid for sure, though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stupid for sure, though.

I don't need them for anything other than general orientation, and I'm pretty good at estimating distances with my hand drawing, so I don't need to autistically measure each step I take over graph paper.

Case in point: I also mapped all of EotB1 like that and I never ran into any sort of trouble because of it.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
autistically measure each step I take
I had convenience in mind. You've drawn squares anyway, why not do it on paper that's already divided into squares? Anyway, mapping each step of wiz 7's overworld seems like a giant unfulfilling waste of time, so I don't exactly disagree.

ToddMcF2002

Educated
The insanity. Really. This is just a sample....
This is amazing, how much time does it take you to do these things?

How stupid am I you mean? It’s not that bad really. It takes a few minutes after clearing an area. I have the game windowed with the Cosmic Forge Automapper next to it. Alt+tab, print screen, paste in paint, grab the map segment and paste onto the spreadsheet. Position it and annotate as necessary. It slows me down but a lot less than walking in circles due to utter confusion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom