Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Twenty Nine - Conservative Christmas

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
it didnt die, but it was unable to deal damasge to a guy with 32 protection and temper flesh, who had a 2h sword of sharpnesss or something like that
Her att/def were the main problem. She had ~10 in both vs. 26 att / 29 def. Also she always trampled so didn't use any attack boni from her weapon, that made her hit chances like 1/300.

PS: Also massive patch dropped by Illwinter. Finally Growth got nerfed. Quickness has M1 pre-req :)

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is there any way to get the Great Mother to use weapons against folks smaller than herself? Does she fall off because it's hard to do?

sqeecoo

Arcane
As far as I know she does use the weapon, it just doesn't look like much compared to the trampling.

Infinitum

Scholar
No, they should still be exclusive. Size 6 Trample damage should only average ~1 damage with that setup of protection/temper flesh anyhow though, hitting or not.

manual said:
Trample Trample is exactly what it sounds like – a large unit runs over a smaller one. Smush! A trampling unit displaces all of the units in the square it enters to an adjacent square. These units have to take a Defense – (fatigue / 10) check against 10. If they fail this check, they take 5 + 2xSize trample damage. This is an armor-piercing attack, so Protection is halved. A trampled unit will always take at least one point of damage, regardless of Protection. A unit which successfully passes the defense check is still displaced, but just takes one point of damage, total.

Speaking of trampling and that patch; notice how they lessened the price of enlarge and made it not awake only? Oh what could have been :negative:

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Trample is like an attack 10 and does armor negating damage, but not sure how much

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Manual: Trample is exactly what it sounds like – a large unit runs over a smaller one. Smush! A trampling unit displaces all of the units in the square it enters to an adjacent square. These units have to take a Defense – (fatigue / 10) check against 10. If they fail this check, they take 5 + 2xSize trample damage. This is an armor-piercing attack, so Protection is halved. A trampled unit will always take at least one point of damage, regardless of Protection. A unit which successfully passes the defense check is still displaced, but just takes one point of damage, total.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
There seems to be some problem with llamaserver. I postponed a few hours.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Weird thing, I sent in my turn, and it sent the acknowledgement for that. But on the game page it still says it's waiting for my file. But when I got it to resend, it sent me the turn as I'd played it, with the commands issued and whatnot, so it definitely has my turn.
Maybe postpone more?
Also it won't stop resending me the file.:whatho:Anyway I'm off for work in 9 minutes for 8 hours. I guess a stall wouldn't really matter for me at this particular point.

sqeecoo

Arcane
It's probabyl an issue with llama, the game should auto-extend when it's fixed, but you can put in an extension if you like :)

Infinitum

Scholar
Looks like llama won't accept my .2h this turn, anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Nope, nevermin, it accepted the resend. Weird.

Infinitum

Scholar
Thought of the day: Do Oni stay dead to mindhunt or do their second form save them?

Infinitum

Scholar
Welp, only one way to find out. Fun fact of the day: Oni ghost forms only have misc. slots.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I really wouldn't announce mind hunt on the forums. Now each of my guys is carrying an antimagic amulet.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
what if he wasnt going to cast it and u just blew ur gems on antimagic ammys

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
It's not that AM ammys are bad at all for Dai Onis and selected Oni Generals :)

Infinitum

Scholar
I really wouldn't announce mind hunt on the forums. Now each of my guys is carrying an antimagic amulet.

It was already wearing one though? Not like I'm not using penetration items, and Marverni going for midgame hunts to control thugs isn't exactly novel. More bummed about that other thug just about managing to eke out out of farstrike range =/

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron

It was already wearing one though? Not like I'm not using penetration items either. Also Marverni going for midgame hunts to control thugs isn't exactly novel strategy. More bummed about that other thug just about managing to eke out out of farstrike range =/
I am bloody newb, masquerading as veteran.
All that carries me is my skill at chess.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
You are free to challenge me at lichess, playchess or chess24.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom