Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Lmao, lack of resources. God damn donkeys had what was probably the biggest budget this type of game ever had, they had setting from Monte, they battle proven engine from Obsidian, they had fucking 5 years to use it all, and they came up with a turd.

Sawyer had none of that with first Pillars and he cranked up better and bigger game in half the time.

Anybody involved with TTON apart from Ziets, MRY and Rhotfuss needs to collectively suck giant elephant dicks. And when elephant balls get drained out, a new elephant should take its place, and then another and another, until they swallow all of the elephant semen in Africa.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
One more from the dev who appears to have more in common with sea than with sser, Seari, or Saeru, but who is most likely his own distinct individual going by none of these monikers:

Untitled.png

Another reference to early production as the time when "Kevin was still there."

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
fwiw, tonurics and sear have separate forum accounts. Not pictured, tonurics used to be a red name (admin). So they are not the same person unless he convinced the webmaster to give him two separate admin accounts.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Lmao, lack of resources. God damn donkeys had what was probably the biggest budget this type of game ever had, they had setting from Monte, they battle proven engine from Obsidian, they had fucking 5 years to use it all, and they came up with a turd.

Sawyer had none of that with first Pillars and he cranked up better and bigger game in half the time.

Anybody involved with TTON apart from Ziets, MRY and Rhotfuss needs to collectively suck giant elephant dicks. And when elephant balls get drained out, a new elephant should take its place, and then another and another, until they swallow all of the elephant semen in Africa.

Didn't TToN use Unity, not some inhouse engine from Obsidian?

As far as PoE being superior to TToN, well both are unpolished snorefests but at least TToN *tries* to do something vaguely original, even if it's from a prefab setting. Pillars is just the dullest most unremarkable IP known to man. Obsidian bitched and whined for literally years about not being able to pursue their own creative vision, and then when they finally got the chance, the best they could come up with was D&D-lite with the most generic soul-centric plot imaginable. FFS, Icewind Dale 2 had more of a coherent narrative. Even if they were justified in aping D&D to ensure nostalgiafags would buy the game, they could've at least put an original spin on the setting instead of turning it into that bland pastiche of totally-not-TVtropes.

Oh, and Rothfuss is a dickless blowhard that can wax and wane about teenage angst for hundreds of pages, but can't put together a coherent and gripping narrative to save his life (let alone something unique like a PS:T-inspired game). TToN would've been better off without him.

Efe

Erudite
little girl. Rin or Rem something like that.
i didnt like the character but it was nice how the dead weight you carried came back to save you.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Reviews tend to skew upwards over time, especially for really shit titles. This is pretty common. I'm not sure what causes it, but I believe it is because over time, only the ones it strangely appeals to for some reason or another end up playing it, and they feel more compelled to give good reviews if the overall reviews are bad.

Falksi

Arcane
God almighty this game is dull as fucking dishwater.

Now I don't mind a bit of reading, but absolute wave after wave of bullshit text which has fuck all of value to find within it? No thanks.

The world looks interesting and somewhat unique, yet instead of interacting with it & being absorbed by it I'm left for hours on end reading the book about it.

Literally put me to sleep whilst playing.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Check the meres. That's MRY's work. They're good, at worst competent.

The Bloom is interesting as an idea.

The OST is cool.

Don't bother beating the game - you'll gouge your eyes out.

roshan

Arcane
Check the meres. That's MRY's work. They're good, at worst competent.

The Bloom is interesting as an idea.

The OST is cool.

Don't bother beating the game - you'll gouge your eyes out.

The OST sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom