Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good games created by AAA and AA studios

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

One of the rare "cinematic" lite RPGs that I like. They did a good job with the art direction

I wanted to mention Witcher 3 and DOS 2 but they are too formulaic to be exceptional IMO, despite the admittedly high production value

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The Dark Souls series
MGS5:TPP
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Everything you listed in this thread before this post is trite and popamole and sheep-oriented. And yeah, that includes Elex that wasn't mentioned yet. And Witcher 3.

And a daily reminder to you people that FNV is the worst Fallout of all times, and MotB was unplayable.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Nioh.
Zelda BotW.
Sonic Mania.
Megaman 11.
R6 Siege.
For Honor.
nu Hitman.
Monster Hunter World.

Been hearing that Mario Odyssey is comparable to 64. But since I haven't played it yet can tell.

And in 3 weeks we're getting what's shaping up to be one of the best action games ever made (or at least it seems that way, only when it's fully released we'll truly know).

EDIT: what citation do you need luj1?

Last edited:
I can agree about BotW, Nioh, MGS 5
BotW is shit. Pretty to look at, but shit. Do same boring combat and mini puzzles 400x. Get maybe 2 mins of story content. No good characters, not mich personality to the game world. It's a big empty wasteland of shit to pick up that breaks amd pointless checklists.

I just don't get the love. Last good Zelda was Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker was best 3d.

KK1001

Arbiter
Just like Hollywood produces some great movies and tons and tons of bad, so it is with the video game industry, although now things are certainly worse due to the monopolization and microtransactions.

But Japan makes plenty of great AAA games.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
18941.jpg

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Dark Souls series
MGS5:TPP
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Everything you listed in this thread before this post is trite and popamole and sheep-oriented. And yeah, that includes Elex that wasn't mentioned yet. And Witcher 3.

And a daily reminder to you people that FNV is the worst Fallout of all times, and MotB was unplayable.

Uh... if you own a PS2, try to play Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, until the end.

There is a reason it's the most obscure game in the franchise.

Don't complain about the wasted money, later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom