Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime PS1 Survival Horror?

Who is more kawaii?

• Hewie

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Hewie

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Hewie

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
If you're tired of combat horrors, might be worth trying Overblood. It's a PS1 game, it had interesting mechanics at the time, and a serviceable story.

A horse of course

OK let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I spend most of the day masturbating.

Swigen

Arbiter
If you're tired of combat horrors, might be worth trying Overblood. It's a PS1 game, it had interesting mechanics at the time, and a serviceable story.

Came here to post this. Game scared the hell outta me when I was a kid. Think Imma download it and see if it holds up.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If you haven't tried Koudelka, give it a shot. Freeform party building (attribute system with points assigned on levelup), best VA in a JRPG this millenium and hot protagonist.

Just do it.

Ash

Arcane
Must-Play PS1 Survival Horror:

Parasite Eve 1
Parasite Eve 2
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Silent Hill
Martian Gothic

Recommended If it counts as Survival Horror:

Koudelka (underrated RPG-Horror)
Blade (underrated Action-Horror)
Clocktower (Point and Click Horror. It's alright. You've played it)
Nightmare Creatures (underrated Action-Horror)
Alien Trilogy (underrated FPS-Horror)

Survival Horror Ignore:

Dino Crisis 1 (just inferior to the must plays with little unique to offer. It's not a bad game though)
Dino Crisis 2 (it's ok I guess)
Evil Dead: Hail to the King (junk)

Martian Gothic: Unification

Martian Gothic was fucking shit!

fuck you

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Koudelka.

Oh I remember this one, horror JRPG. Not sure how it holds up today but I liked it back then.

I'm playing it at the moment. The combat is way too slow in pretty much any way it could be slow, it's really the major issue this game has and can break the game for many. Myself I deleted the .iso when I first downloaded it about a year ago, but now I think I'm close to Disc 3. And yeah, like SerratedBiz said, Koudelka is hot. Too bad low resolution makes it hard to appreciate her assets.

Hijacking this thread to ask about PS2 survival horrors. I got the following:

Echo Night: Beyond
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
Haunting Ground
Kuon
Rule of Rose
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Siren
Siren 2

Clock Tower 3 didn't look interesting at all. I've heard bad stuff about SH4 and on. Other horror-themed games that are good would be nice. Occult, even. But it has to keep animu to a minimum (so no Shadow Hearts, but yes to Nocturne).

Last edited:
I'm not even sure if SH4 is worse than 3. At least it had some fresh ideas. I played Fatal Frame 1 some months ago until my mobo died and I lost saves. Quite enjoyed it but I doubt I'm gonna restart, will probably just play FF2 and 3 eventually.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Koudelka was hot milf in SH1

0h3P6KS.jpg

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
- Galerians
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

(Both a kind of RE clones, but good quality)

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Shadow Hearts is an amazing game, though. You are missing something great there. As for SH4, it's a great game, the hate comes from not being a good SH.
I think that SH4 is far more memorable than SH3. It has many flaws though.

A horse of course

Regarding Dinosaur Danger, am I missing a menu option that keeps track of all those memos you have to read? Sometimes they're literally in the same room as the relevant puzzle but other times they're halfway across the facility and I have to run all the way back just to remember what they said. I ended up writing down all those area codes and hints by hand.

Also the translations in the game are pretty bad even for 90s Capcom.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The story and the plot twists of SH4 were hearth breaking... Almost at the level of SH2. Also the musics & lyrics were very good. The apartment sessions were super scary. The gameplay was meh in some other points...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom