Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

This game feels like a game where every design choice was the wrong choice.

This applies to every Bioware game since Dragon Age 2

You could probably apply to everything since the first Mass Effect. But this, and there previous two games feel like they've got it the worst.
That skillup review is spot on.

The game is basically on par with a Koei Tecmo title, the enjoyment comes from mowing down braindead hordes of enemies with combos in a desperate attempt to tickle your lizard brain into an ejaculatory endorphin rush.

The best content in the game was in the demo, the spider boss.

If this was like a Dynasty Warriors game it'd be more like a Earth Defense Force game, and it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than what they've made. The more I see of this, see some of these enemy encounters, the more I think EDF should have been the basic model for this game. You pick your jobs and shit on some mission select screen where you can quickly look at everything important, you get sent out into big EDF style stages jam packed with enemies and destrucable environments, you amass tons of crazy weapons and power armor parts. They want to do some hub area with some open environment thing that players can fuck around in as well...whatever.

Even more than before it's really sounding like they should have thought of ways around the loading screens. They had a real problem with running the player into tons of needless loading in Andromeda from what I saw of that game too.

Astral Rag

Arcane
gggman's anthem review is no longer available for me

Maybe the EA Damage Control Squad took him to a re-education center and confiscated his hardware.

bagdad-bob.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
True, but doesn't apply to this game. I mean, the game has so many problems that its wokeness state is just irrelevant in comparison...

Get woke go broke is not because you hire SJW to write story for you.
It is because you hire people on color of their head rather than technical skill they have.

And here we are Anthem 6 years in making that has barely 15 hours of content and even that is stretched with padding.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
From what i have seen on YT...that quest hub or whatever it is looks absolutely dead. Like walking through molasses in a mausoleum filled with creepy robotic mannequins.

And the actual game play, holy shit. Creates a whole new dimension within the realms of Boring.

RIP Bioware.

(well to be honest, they were already mummified and died a long, long time ago)

A horse of course

l38n7Bx.png

Independent youtuber goes to shill event, gets pumped with massive amounts of NDAs, doesn't feel good and changes - BLACKLISTED. Many such cases!

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From what i have seen on YT...that quest hub or whatever it is looks absolutely dead. Like walking through molasses in a mausoleum filled with creepy robotic mannequins.
The fanboys gonna tell you that the more you progress and sidequests you complete, the more "lively" Tarsis gets. It's half true, until the end there's noticably more people in the place. BUT for some reasons even with 3x population than at the beginning, the place still feel dead as fuck. People standing around doing nothing, very little noise, no chatter, no conversations, even no ambient sound or slow music when you step into more quiet places, even creepier is the lack of footstep sound. The underground temple of Freelancers is even more bizarre, lots of people including Haluk look like they were placed by a modding tool.

The design is also mind boggingly retarded. There's two merchants standing opposite of each other, and you can access both stores by talking to any of them. NPCs teleporting everywhere, the old Freelancer dude for example, I talked to him in a room in the temple, then I walked to doorway just 3 seconds later and he's already there, it's because Bioware just simply teleports NPCs model instead of letting them walk around, creating awkward moments like this. Shit reminds me of the infamous creepy Watson in Sherlock Holmes Nemesis.

Codex Year of the Donut
Get woke go broke.
True, but doesn't apply to this game. I mean, the game has so many problems that its wokeness state is just irrelevant in comparison...
Compare it to Breach, for example. From what I gather, people like it a lot more and.. well, just look at the characters there. That game is wokeness incarnate, and still seems better.
Breach requires installing spyware just to play it

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Fuck what he's implying. How do you willingly pay and sit through this shit, even though you acknowledge that you've been blatantly tricked multiple times? Shit boggles my mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom