Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ignis Wraith is good, but IMO it needs something like Molecular Prime or Spores to scale up beyond a certain level.

But, in terms of guns, Catchmoon is prepostrously strong right now (as is the seeker arcane, which can easily hit six-digit range damage per projectile). Don't use it myself much tho, despite all the formas I put in, since while I do like how the projectile looks and all that I don't like how the kitgun looks and since it can't use skin I must go with something else to preserve my feng shui.

Arnust

Savant
I got a Riven for the Supra which gave it -70% recoil so it's actually dead accurate for me. The only setback left is being projectile based and if I wanted I could give it some Projectile speed, but eh

Lhynn

Arcane
Supra has no recoil.
I don't like proyectile weapons. Useless on fortuna and plains. So is catchmoon and Ignis.

Pyrana prime is superb in fortuna, arca plasmor is amazing at plains.

Rubico, lanka or vulkar are must haves for eidolon.

Catchmoon is in general overkill for 90% of the content, and lack of range really hurts it.
If you are doing normal missions above 50 it's great tho.

Vaarna_Aarne

My go-to is Euphona Prime, you can deal some serious damage with it and it's pretty flexible as far as semi-automatics go. Small magazine tho. It's also very stylish, and uses the T2 flip-reload between shots. I tend to switch primaries more often. Currently using Baza just for the heck of it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, changing Riven dispo to work based on math and field tests (presumably what they mean, unless what they mean "whatever negro") seems closer to their initial idea, since as has been said just recently and on numerous occasions before, the way Rivens work now is a joke of the original intent (particularly because of how rarely they updated the dispo, so Gram Prime rocks a full dispo because it's a super-strong variant of a shit weapon). The popularity based system really just benefited weapons that were also-rans, almost the top of meta (or simply used a lot by newbies, like the absurdly low riven dispo on Braton for example).

EDIT: As for melee, the big question mark for Phase 1 is how they will make combos work. IMO ideally they'd just let the player customize their non-basic combo inputs, so we'd at least get rid of shit like Hold and Delay inputs and replace everything with directionals and whatever alternative input they have in mind.

Vaarna_Aarne

IMO, ideally they'd scrap the current combo system and instead switch to a two-button system where you have two combo loops and heavy attacks (all determined by Stance) that you can change between fluidly.

Gerrard

Arcane
>Your right mouse button is now aim, always, instantly.

Wait so apparently there's no heavy attack like they said there would be months ago? What the fuck?

Vaarna_Aarne

Did they say aim button would be bound to heavy attack at some point? I must have missed that. Last I heard the plan was still to have it use the combo counter, which IMO was not a good idea because you'd either nerf basic attacks to force using heavy attacks or its a redundant thing, and you'd probably have to greatly alter the animations or style of the heavy attacks if you tie them to a "super bar".

Anyway, if that was their plan, presumably they're moving that to a different Phase and work on the instant switch as the focus of Phase 1?

Lhynn

Arcane
IMO, ideally they'd scrap the current combo system and instead switch to a two-button system where you have two combo loops and heavy attacks (all determined by Stance) that you can change between fluidly.
I think the whole animation for melee needs to be reworked, to make it a lot more fluid and mobile. Also a smart way to close gaps with enemies would help.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seeing how most of the stuff is basically passive gain, it's not that bad. Question mark is really how long the programs are supposed to run.

gave a glance on the wiki and holy shit, i thought it was a new grind but instead is a new CONSTANT, EVER-GOING grind, made of improbable or outright annoying, irritating, aggravating things to do.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alerts was mostly unused. And the rewards are stupid good. Inventory slots are nice. But an actual umbral forma every time you get to Max rank is pretty amazing.

I can't wait to umbra my rhino. I will agree that this actually forces you to do a checklist. But it's objectively better by virtue of not being useless.

Vaarna_Aarne

I could see plenty of reasons, and in case of invasions you can basically speedrun 9 of them in 20-30 minutes if you just pick quick ones and don't care about rewards. Scans are basically effortless if you bring a tanking frame, and Simaris Scans is just a matter of remembering to go pick up the daily Scan target.

Point is, it's hardly imposing massive timesink on you, this is mostly just a blip on your radar if you're actually playing, and in case of Bounties for example at least gets me off my ass to do some of them so I can buy another spice bowl.

Hey everyone,

Here's some math around how much grind we can expect to see with this new alert system. Sorry for formatting, on mobile.

Assumptions;

The amount of rep is constant and set at 10000 per level

The daily and weekly income does not change.

Total rep rewards will stay constant (3 elite weeklies, 7 weeklies, 7 dailys)

Here's the math:

Total rep required to level 30: 300,000

Total rep if you do all milestones ; 43,000

Of that rep: Weekly elite rep: 15,000

Weekly rep: 21,000

Daily rep: 7,000

The math is then simple, but here are some situations for your reference. This is time required to get to 30:

Do all milestones all the time: 7 weeks

Do all weeklies, but only 4 dailys: 8 weeks

Do all weeklies, but no daily: 9 weeks

Don't do annoying weeklies (aka invasion or cetus) : 9 weeks

Do half the dailys and no annoying weeklies: 9 weeks

Can't do elite quests (aka sortie, trilodon) : 11 weeks

Tldr, make sure you do your weeklies, dailys are not as important.

Edit: someone said wolf is only going to be 10 weeks long. It is possible to do it with just the weeklies complete. Which is great I think. Someone please check my math and I will update if inaccurate. Don't want to ruin the event with a typo in excel.

i want alerts back already.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DE managed to make me not want to play even more than I already don't want to play. I hate this new system because there's almost nothing in it that I need, but I still need to put in the same time as a MRlet if I want any of the crap that actually matters. I also hate sassy black woman and I wish she'd shut the fuck up already.

Vaarna_Aarne

Gifts of the Lotus weren't really Alerts, since they were a scheduled event tied with Devstreams. Otherwise you got potatoes once in a blue moon from regular Alerts.

But yea, Nora Night needs to either talk less or get more material to cycle through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom