Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starpoint Gemini 3 - now a "full-blown space RPG"

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.lgmgames.net/pc-games#starpoint-gemini-3

https://af.gog.com/game/starpoint_gemini_3?as=1649904300

With 3D characters and interiors all that.

ss_5df3f131866d9c889ab6b60cfd2d6483160f4c78.1920x1080.jpg

Weakbeard.jpg

STARPOINT GEMINI 3 GOES PERSONAL
A FULL-BLOWN SPACE ROLE-PLAYING GAME

Starpoint Gemini 3 is a Starpoint Gemini game like no other. With the third title, franchise goes personal.

Combining captivating role-playing elements with deep character skill system, player takes a role of a lone space rider, an unexpected hero, with... a lot of stuff that is troubling him.

You will fight, explore, take quests from various characters, visit stations across the universe, freelance, level-up, upgrade your ship and very likely do some, well, illegal stuff. In short...

One man, one epic story in a massive universe.

COMPELLING CHARACTERS

For the first time in Starpoint Gemini franchise, players will have an opportunity to experience a compelling, story-driven gameplay heavily based on characters.

Every major character comes with own backstory, their desires, fears and secrets. Players will care for the main protagonist, and even for antagonists.

Moreover, for the first time in a Starpoint Gemini title, all characters will be motion capture animated 3D models, with natural movement and believeable facial animations.

Finally, the Starpoint Gemini 3 story has been created by one of the most esteemed comic and novel writers around, Mr. Darko Macan, who worked with Marvel on Star Wars novels.

INTERIORS
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN STARPOINT GEMINI FRANCHISE

In previous Starpoint Gemini titles, players could land on planets, enter drydocks and customize ships.

Starpoint Gemini 3 goes deeper and more personal. Players will have an ability to land on planets or on stations as usual, but this time around, you'll get to enter bars, ship control rooms, drydocks (now as a character) and talk with NPCs.

NPCs will give information, sidequests, or will even be a part of the main quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
Hi guys, we just wanted to jump-in. If you have any questions regarding Starpoint Gemini 3, we're here to answer :)
the controls of starpoint gemini warlord are awful -- many of the reviews on steam mention this as well.
what have you guys done to address this in starpoint gemini 3?

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a franchise spin-off; a tactical space combat simulation with a 4X strategy layer on top. So yeah, we agree, some of the solutions were rather difficult to implement.

When it comes to Starpoint Gemini 3, the controls are dramatically improved in every area. Basically, the controls are more in line what people will expect from this kind of game.

laclongquan

Arcane
The trailer looks flashy and will impress the storyfags and cinematicfags, I guess.

But there's no substance about gameplay. What is its gameplay, exactly? Ship flying? Trading? Asteroid mining? Pirating?

"What is it, ship?" Also sound unresearched as fuck. Everybody and his bike choose to name their own personal, long history, vehicle with something unique or at least familiar. Captain of a dinky fish catcher name her name. Why is it that YOUR version of spacecraft captain doesnt name her AI or ship? And AI is ship.

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
There is no substance about gameplay because the gameplay is yet to be shown :) We will show a lot more in the upcoming months. Starpoint Gemini 3 is a character-driven role-playing experience relying on quests, side-quests, exploration, and dogfighting combat. But there is also a free-roam mode in which you're able to do whatever you wish. So, yes, you'll be able to mine, scavenge, smuggle, transport, hack, pirate, and a lot more. You can also join different Guilds, and complete quests for them, but we'll explain how that feature works on a later date.

Our main protagonist, Jonathan Bold is a bit... different :) Let's just say he isn't your typical "let's-save-the-universe" superhero.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Will it still be flying only game? Or are you trying to implement walking on stations to reach different NPCs (e.g., the guy on the screenshot)?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Wow, finally cockpit view! That missing cockpit was the main reason I didn't play the former games (although I was interested in them).
With no other space games around, that's good news (yeah we all know a bunch of others, but some are "out of reach" and some don't appeal me personally. This one does appeal me more though).
Though Captain Bold looks a bit young for my taste. Like a "Milkface", barely 18 years old:M
Can we change the appearance or select a different premade model?

Codex Year of the Donut
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a franchise spin-off; a tactical space combat simulation with a 4X strategy layer on top. So yeah, we agree, some of the solutions were rather difficult to implement.

When it comes to Starpoint Gemini 3, the controls are dramatically improved in every area. Basically, the controls are more in line what people will expect from this kind of game.
I actually had no idea Warlords was a spinoff, I should check out the second game. :M

One more question: a lot of games which were listed on steam have recently delisted themselves and became Epic store exclusives. Is this something that might happen to Starpoint Gemini 3?

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
Will it still be flying only game? Or are you trying to implement walking on stations to reach different NPCs (e.g., the guy on the screenshot)?

You will be able to go around the stations and talk with NPCs. But flying has always been the core of Starpoint Gemini titles, and that won't change with SPG3 :)

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer

I actually had no idea Warlords was a spinoff, I should check out the second game. :M

One more question: a lot of games which were listed on steam have recently delisted themselves and became Epic store exclusives. Is this something that might happen to Starpoint Gemini 3?

Nope, we're definitely on Steam, and will probably come to other digital distribution platforms such as GOG and Humble.

We're also coming to consoles, but we'll share more about that on a later date.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we fight on foot as well or is it all pew pew pew in the heartless void?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Reminds me a bit of freelancer.

While dogfighting, do ships move strictly like (simplified) jets in atmosphere, or will there be realistic turning with flight-assist off like in Homeworld, Elite dangerous etc?

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
Reminds me a bit of freelancer.

While dogfighting, do ships move strictly like (simplified) jets in atmosphere, or will there be realistic turning with flight-assist off like in Homeworld, Elite dangerous etc?

We are not making a simulation, but there will be a realistic (more inertion and feedback), and arcade style of flight. We'll show how that works in future videos and gameplay.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Do we have to tolerate the presence of xenos scum? Can we kill those who consort with xenos to maintain our moral purity?

flushfire

Augur
Captain Bold's a terrible name. Followed by "what is it, ship" as pointed out earlier. 2 seconds of animation and the writing's already turned me off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Captain Bold's a terrible name. Followed by "what is it, ship" as pointed out earlier. 2 seconds of animation and the writing's already turned me off.
Either that or Captain Italics, or worse, Captain Underline.

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
I agree with the others, the AI companion needs a name.

The AI companion does have a name :) But as we've written earlier, our captain is a bit "special" :)

Flying will be the core of the gameplay, as it has always been with Starpoint Gemini games. But yes, you will be able to explore stations and talk with NPCs.

are you going to add full support for HOTAS?

Yeah, from day 1.

LGM_Games

Little Green Men Games
Developer
Nah, Jonathan is very human :) But he has a bit of an... attitude :) We'll reveal more about him soon.

About your AI companion, well, she doesn't need to be a ship necessarily. It just happens Jonathan stumbled upon her when she was uploaded onto a ship. She can download herself to, e.g. a drone, and complete various tasks.

Codex Year of the Donut
The AI's name is ADAH(pronounced 'Ada', I assume.) It has been on the store page the entire time.
You are not alone on your journey. You have ADAH, a digital consciousness that runs your ship's computer and can download itself onto your drone, which you can then control in ADAH’s role to accomplish off-ship tasks you could never do alone.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom