Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum - No wonder Troika went under

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Arcanum is just silly nice. They must have poured a ton into it. Graphics are still pretty, Tarant is enormous and there's a lot of love and attention to detail in the game. Digging it so far.

Serious question: is Fluent some kind of video game-playing robot who was born six months ago?

*bzzt* "What are these things you call RPGs?" *vrrt*

I treat the Fluent saga like the aweigh saga, just for different purposes. Aweigh's posts are like the insane ramblings of a dying researcher, still obsessed after all these years, and genuinely has great insight into Japanese Wizardry games that you just don't get from your average Codexian. Whatever your stance on those games is, you can trust aweigh to have the most (key word, most) knowledge on that topic. You might have to read between the 15 000 000 words to unearth a gold nugget but still!

Watching Fluent is like watching a child take its first steps. A little stupid and stumbling all the time but fascinating nonetheless.

Oh, and Tarant is the best part of Arcanum. IMO, the main path gets pretty shit after a certain mountain delve.

Ladonna

Arcane
Fix the combat system. Apart from that, the game is brilliant.

Oh, you could also level the balance between magic and technology being askew; I still don't understand how the tech hordes came to prominence in the Arcanum world. You are taking an airship sir? Well, I will meet you when you get there in a few days. I will just cast my teleport spell....

It really is a one of a kind game.

Black Angel

Arcane
Oh, you could also level the balance between magic and technology being askew; I still don't understand how the tech hordes came to prominence in the Arcanum world. You are taking an airship sir? Well, I will meet you when you get there in a few days. I will just cast my teleport spell....
Well, not everyone has the ability and aptitude to cast a teleport spell, and even if there are powerful mages capable of teleporting multiple person, it's not like everyone would immediately be fine with being cast a spell upon.

Sizzle

Arcane
I still don't understand how the tech hordes came to prominence in the Arcanum world. You are taking an airship sir? Well, I will meet you when you get there in a few days. I will just cast my teleport spell....

Because to cast the Teleport spell, you need to be at least Level 15 with 18 Willpower, while you don't really need anything (apart from ticket fare) to board an airship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom