Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Space Nugget

Job opening for AI Engineer (listed 5 days ago in the company's Glassdoor page):

• You have an eye for detail and passion for gameplay and AI behaviors.
  • You can prototype new AI behaviors and turn these prototypes into robust, maintainable, shippable systems.
  • Work closely with Design team on overall AI system architecture, AI behavior design, development, testing, and debugging.
  • Keep abreast of latest AI technology and technique and provide usability/feasibility analysis for the project's AI requirements.
  • Able to work closely with the Design team to build out and architect the necessary framework for good AI development tools for system and level designers.
  • In depth knowledge of AI systems (Path finding, Path building, LOS, State Machines, Sensory systems, Group behavior, Behavior Trees).
  • Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development and a working knowledge of 3D math.
  • Ability to participate in gameplay design and follow specifications.
  • Unreal Engine 4 experience or experience in maintaining/extending an existing AI framework.
  • Designed and implemented (or maintained) a full featured AI system for a published AAA game.

"Path finding, Path building, LOS, State Machines, Sensory systems, Group behavior, Behavior Trees"

Doesn't sound like a visual novel to me. :shittydog:

Space Nugget

6UStkxk.jpg

4cef37e21cfa010deaaa2a93bc7cce63.jpg

Roguey

Pioneer Square, Seattle.

I searched "seattle streetlamps" on Google. :lol:

Doma

Augur
Job opening for AI Engineer (listed 5 days ago in the company's Glassdoor page):

"Path finding, Path building, LOS, State Machines, Sensory systems, Group behavior, Behavior Trees"

I thought that paradox was working on Vtm rts like Europe universalis :asd:

Probably both.

They bought WW to make lots of games. And they have multiple internal studios that can crank out a Grand Strategy WOD game.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

I thought that paradox was working on Vtm rts like Europe universalis :asd:

Probably both.

They bought WW to make lots of games. And they have multiple internal studios that can crank out a Grand Strategy WOD game.

Why would anyone want to make a WoD grand strategy game? How would that even make sense?

Also didn't they buy WW for the explicit purpose of making RPGs?

Space Nugget

Why would anyone want to make a WoD grand strategy game? How would that even make sense?

Also didn't they buy WW for the explicit purpose of making RPGs?

You're right. Paradox's VP of business development Shams Jorjani:

"We bought White Wolf because we believed it had a great set of IPs that could be used for a multitude of different kinds of RPGs."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Another vampire game set in modern america....yeah that killed any interest for the game. It will be fagginess to the top and some progressive shit. Bloodline get away with this because it ignored the real world and focused on vampire politics. Those swedish cucks won't have the self discipline to hold themself back and will go for full faggines from the start.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Troika was headquartered near Los Angeles. Hardsuit Labs is headquartered in Seattle. Go with what you know!

I wonder how Jaesun will feel about this.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Another vampire game set in modern america....yeah that killed any interest for the game. It will be fagginess to the top and some progressive shit. Bloodline get away with this because it ignored the real world and focused on vampire politics. Those swedish cucks won't have the self discipline to hold themself back and will go for full faggines from the start.

Find the person who first thought of putting politics into games and take them out back old yeller style

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can you imagine this turning out to be a turn- and party-based game where you control a coterie? Lusting over that sweet Larian money being the justification.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Just use it! Those faggy wrists are begging for it,don't be a cuck,do the vertical cut!

For your information you retard, it's extremely unlikely that slashing one's wrist results from death by exsanguination (or otherwise). It's also very unpleasant, or so I heard. Better go for the neck around Adam's apple, horizontally from the sides. When done properly, consciousness is lost within 30 seconds or so. Some anatomy research is necessary. This is not to be confused with slashing one's throat. That results in undesired death by drowning in blood, literally speaking.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wiki tells me Seattle is not really important in WoD. Apparently there are technomancers there, whatever that is.

It's either clan Tremere, they have a Technomancy path, or some variety of mages, like Virtual Adepts or the Technocracy.

Space Nugget

Wiki tells me Seattle is not really important in WoD. Apparently there are technomancers there, whatever that is.

It's either clan Tremere, they have a Technomancy path, or some variety of mages, like Virtual Adepts or the Technocracy.

http://snakepit.wikidot.com/the-path-of-technomancy

The path focuses on the control of electronic devices, from wristwatches to computers, and its proponents maintain that it is a prime example of the versatility of Thaumaturgy with regards to a changing world.

That's some cyberpunk shit!

Seattle seems to play a much bigger role in Chronicles of Darkness (New WoD) than in World of Darkness (Old WoD).

Seattle is the largest city in Washington and a tech industry hub. It is also the side of several splinter timelines, a result of a mysterious God-Machine project. Demons find Seattle is safer than most cities, and angels are more likely to Fall here than elsewhere.

The God-Machine is a sentient, supernatural, extremely powerful and alien entity, similar to an occult supercomputer, with an interest in Earth. It is described as the Creator in The Marco Singe, the so-called "Pain Prophet" of New Delhi, although whether it is actually the Creator or not is impossible to prove. Singe was wrong on several counts, such as demons being creatures created from normal animals, when true demons are fallen angels, algorithms of the God-Machine who came to question their purpose and rebelled, losing their connection to it in the process.[1]

What is known is that it is fully deserving of the title, having long since passed the point where Clarke's Third Law ("any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic") applies, knowing of physics undreamed of to mortal scientists and with the capacity to use them. The only limit on its power is its need for an "occult matrix", an extremely precise supernatural manipulation of physical laws, reliant on Infrastructure, in order to work its miracles. Even mortals can disrupt a forming matrix, but the God-Machine feeds on its own growth; frequently, a complete occult matrix will summon a new angel into the world, who can oversee and construct more Infrastructure, which can complete more summoning matrices, ad infinitum.

Sounds pretty Gnostic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom