Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox might be announcing a Vampire: The Masquerade RPG on March 21st, possibly by Hardsuit Labs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Hardsuit Labs; Paradox Interactive; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

In late 2015, Paradox Interactive acquired the World of Darkness IP, but nothing has come of that on the video game front other than a couple of highly forgettable interactive fiction games. That might be about to change. Since late last month, Paradox have been running an elaborate ARG involving a mysterious Twitter account and a fictional dating website called Tender, which you can read about here. It's all rather tedious to be honest, but the long and short of it is that what we've seen in the ARG strongly suggests that they're about to reveal a Vampire: The Masquerade game. Actually, you need look no further than the fact that Tender is an actual thing in the Vampire: The Masquerade setting.

It's been theorized that the developer is Seattle-based studio Hardsuit Labs, who recently announced the imminent shutdown of their venerable F2P shooter Blacklight: Retribution and have been working on an "unannounced project" since at least 2017. Job ads and resumes indicate that their game is using Unreal Engine 4 and involves "established IP lore" and "an emphasis on acting performance". Paradox acquired a 33% stake in Hardsuit in early 2018, and the studio employs Martin Ka'ai Cluney, a former Obsidian designer who worked on the cancelled Aliens RPG. But what really makes Hardsuit's involvement seem likely is that several images of what appear to be various locations in Seattle have been revealed over the course of the ARG. Go with what you know!

During a Twitch event yesterday, another image was uncovered revealing that "Tender" plan to make an announcement on March 21st in San Francisco. That's right, the same time and place as the annual Game Developers Conference. I don't like posting news about teases and conjecture, but it now seems undeniable that something significant is coming next month. Hopefully whatever it is will be as fancy as this ARG.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
made by a study that only released one game and was a failed f2p multi player fps

c4jt321.png

I also want to see how paradox manages their dlc policy with other kind of games than grand strategy ones. A season pass or small overpriced dlc's for 8 years after the vanilla release.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I just want a proper successor to Bloodlines with that thick atmosphere and great writing and quest design.

I am fully aware that I am not gonna get that.

muckguppy

Prophet
To be good:

Living breathing GTA 5 world
Post Realism graphics
Characters written by whoever did Only Lover's Left Alive
Sparse combat with proper consequences

Big tiddie goth gfs.

aratuk

Cipher
Hmm. I know I remember hearing of other instances where a dev with no RPG experience is hired to make an RPG, but I can't think of what they are, or how they turned out.

Not sure that it bodes well to have the dev of an online, F2P shooter. But I'm not sure that it really tells me much of anything, beyond just that their development process resulted in a decently successful game.
Could be that all Paradox cares about is the dev's process, ability to execute. Unrelated to design, creative direction. Might think they'll get better results than they did from a studio like Obsidian, touted for its ideas but also its dysfunction.

We'll see. :philosoraptor:

Father Foreskin

Learned
With these two screenshots we can easily figure out this will be shit.

1. Fog. This is gay film noir method of creating gloomy atmosphere. The central hubs in vtmb werent gloomy, just goth/punk nightlife.

2. The only place open in the middle of the night has a sign "coffee". Because thats what people are looking for at 2 am. In the city centre.

3. Bicycle rims used as somekind of an edgy foreground. LOOK OUT KIDS LANCE ARMSTRONG WILL BITE YOU.

4. Sidewalk closed sign not on the fucking sidewalk. Its good to know if your driving.

In conclusion the game will be shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
15h linear watered down RPG with sick GRAPHICS! YEAH! /s

Nothing wrong with 15 hours. Bloodlines would have been better if it were only 15 hours.

Hmm. I know I remember hearing of other instances where a dev with no RPG experience is hired to make an RPG, but I can't think of what they are, or how they turned out.

Baldur's Gate, Shadowrun Returns. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Farewell into the night

"Evil cannot create it can only twist and corrupt things but it wishes to be a creator on its own, to be a God".
That's how I see it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom