Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yeah, there was actually an occasion like this too. But mostly, we just take changelog writing slow, because I thought nobody reads them.
Most people don't read them (me included) but they are vital as reference material. If you change something important and then it doesn't work like it used to anymore, there's suddenly a debate whether that is a bug or intended, leading to false reports, with no way to tell. Small changes can also drastically change the meta, and people will be unable to correct eachother since they effectively do not know what version is being discussed, and again nobody can correct them because nobody knows when a change occurred.

Good changelogging is also really helpful if there's ever changes on the project in terms of developers, since it can help inform how certain changes were made and/or why, as well as when, and why some things were later done differently as compared to earlier. This is probably not an issue for your relatively small team, but it's just good practice.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congrats Atomboy !
If I bought it on Steam, I can get it on GOG (free) right?
This comment summoned me! I don't think so. I know there is such a feature in GOG, but we don't use it, so at least in the meanwhile, GOG and Steam versions are separate. It's a commercial decision so I won't be the one making it, since I'm dumb with money. If it will be decided to do this thing, I'll let everyone know.

Would be me mad at you Comrade if game was priced at 60 imperialist dollars not 15. You and your collective deserve the bonus in Commissar's Opinion.

:russiastrong:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So I finished the ATOM RPG....

1TcU42C.png

SxNLUvl.png

fsX8ldH.png

and it was fucking glorious, didn't have so much fun with isometric game since times of Underrail at least. Solid 9/10 (but I would change few things like combat and bigger roster of the companions. :salute:

That's just awesome! Thanks, man :D Wait until a few dlcs. There are going to be fixes galore, as well as lots of new locations. A few in each one.

Yeah, there was actually an occasion like this too. But mostly, we just take changelog writing slow, because I thought nobody reads them.
Most people don't read them (me included) but they are vital as reference material. If you change something important and then it doesn't work like it used to anymore, there's suddenly a debate whether that is a bug or intended, leading to false reports, with no way to tell. Small changes can also drastically change the meta, and people will be unable to correct eachother since they effectively do not know what version is being discussed, and again nobody can correct them because nobody knows when a change occurred.

Good changelogging is also really helpful if there's ever changes on the project in terms of developers, since it can help inform how certain changes were made and/or why, as well as when, and why some things were later done differently as compared to earlier. This is probably not an issue for your relatively small team, but it's just good practice.
That's really good reasoning. Expect a huge changelog with the dlc! :D

Congrats Atomboy !
If I bought it on Steam, I can get it on GOG (free) right?
This comment summoned me! I don't think so. I know there is such a feature in GOG, but we don't use it, so at least in the meanwhile, GOG and Steam versions are separate. It's a commercial decision so I won't be the one making it, since I'm dumb with money. If it will be decided to do this thing, I'll let everyone know.

Would be me mad at you Comrade if game was priced at 60 imperialist dollars not 15. You and your collective deserve the bonus in Commissar's Opinion.

:russiastrong:

Thanks, man! This gog\steam merge is still an open question for us, maybe we'll do it for the paid DLC this summer, and I agree with those who think that this move would've been fair, but yeah, even though it's kinda shameful to admit it, we really need the support that extra copies sold on GOG currently give us to make ends meet. It's not a lot, but it compensates all that's eaten up by various taxes we need to pay before receiving the moneys. :( I was a saner, happier person before I learned how huge that percentage was.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks, man! This gog\steam merge is still an open question for us, maybe we'll do it for the paid DLC this summer, and I agree with those who think that this move would've been fair, but yeah, even though it's kinda shameful to admit it, we really need the support that extra copies sold on GOG currently give us to make ends meet. It's not a lot, but it compensates all that's eaten up by various taxes we need to pay before receiving the moneys. :( I was a saner, happier person before I learned how huge that percentage was.

Make ATOM RPG 2 an Epic Store exclusive.....

:smug:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm against low prices, it's harmful for those who doing somehtign good.
If your game is good - why lower prices?
We have farmer that came toout house every Friday? and selling natural milk, sour creme and so on.
He sold it cheap, despite being natural, or eco food.
I told my mom that would be better if he rised prices, than eventually he startin to mix it with some artifical shit like they doing in shoprs, supermarkets etc.
And what do you think - not long ago I ate sour cream we buy form him, and feel that nasty oily film on roof of the mouth.
So we checked it with hotwater and turned out it's not natural sour crem anymore, instead there was oil on the sourface.
Instead, he could sell it for higher price.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Make ATOM RPG 2 an Epic Store exclusive.....

:smug:
Not after they ignored us with Atom 1!
Seriously, Epic Store, if you're reading this, don't you think it's time to reply to that message I sent you in December? Let's talk $$$!
My lifelong goal of plugging Atom on every platform is getting messed up!

Regarding the totem in the forest:

I tried dropping meat but I got zapped by lightning. Is it because I carved obscene words into the totem? :negative:
Yup! You disrespected old man Perkunas!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Odd bug with Peregon Ending
Pretty sure I killed the Guard leader and Fyodor.
And got 3000 rubles from the Merchant leader.
Except this is how it ended.

XOoaesF.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/r...BDK2KTVAIxRI690UHtXaiaQcURHQWh4bvehFptHzmNQrI

banner-1190.jpg

Our second Indie Showcase features ATOM RPG. Thanks to our member Couchpotato for recommending this game. Also special thanks goes out to Anton Krasilnikov for answering our questions and providing screenshots for this article.

RPGWatch: Tell us a little about your background and experience?

Anton Krasilnikov: Before Atom I worked in marketing and also wrote some commercials. I came to the team right when the development started in 2015 as a writer and as a quest/lore designer.

RPGwatch: How long did it take you to develop your game?

Anton: It took us three years and a half. Before the Kickstarter campaign (that was held in 2017) we worked on the game in our free time. The large bulk of the work was done in about a year after the campaign.

RPGWatch: What games inspired your game?

Anton: There are too many to count, but aside from the obvious; Fallout 1-2. It was also Wasteland 1, Morrowind with its interconnected world and the Quest for Glory series that influenced us much more than one might think at first glance. And of course, there are many, many more examples.

RPGWatch: What's the target audience for your game?

Anton: People who like the old school RPG's and the new games which follow that sort of design philosophy. It's a niche genre, I guess, but it has one of the most loyal and involved fan bases out there. Ourselves included!

RPGWatch: How would you describe your game to an interested player?

Anton: It's a top down RPG set in a post-apocalyptic Soviet Union with an emphasis on exploration, role-playing and making some difficult decisions. Yep, that's about right :)

RPGWatch: In a huge rpg market, why should players give your game a chance?

Anton: Atom has a variety of approaches to solving quests, nonlinearity, secrets, puzzles, stat and skill checks, turn-based combat, a dark, but at times quite zany, world and dialogues (lots and lots of dialogues). At the same time some of the mechanics could be considered a bit too 'old school' and there is no voice acting (apart from the cutscenes). If that sounds like something that could be interesting to you then we would be happy to have you on board! If it's not your cup of tea, then we wish you all the best in your other gaming endeavors :)

RPGWatch: You're game has gotten some positive feedback. Are there any player comments you found especially noteworthy?

Anton: Too many to mention all of them! We pay the closest attention to all the feedback, the negative ones absolutely included. In fact, some of the best ideas in Atom came from our players! And we plan to implement a lot of new suggestions in the future updates.

RPGwatch: Do you have future plans to support your game? If not do you have plans for another project?

Anton: Right now we are working on a free DLC for the game that will add new characters, quests, items, quality of life improvements that were suggested by the community and much more. We were also joined by a talented writer Scott Hamm, who worked on such great games as Age of Decadence and Battle Brothers. So stay tuned for that!

RPGWatch: Many players have compared Atom RPG to the first two Fallout games. What inspiration did you take from those games? What elements of Atom RPG make it unique and not just another post-apocalyptic RPG?

Anton: We were inspired by its design and setting. However, we decided to make a different approach towards the depiction of the post-apocalyptic psychology and society. Instead of descending into savagery the people in our world returned to a more medieval-like way of thinking, mystifying the recent Soviet past and attaching new almost magical meanings to some of the historical events.

^watching those screenshots unleashed a craving to replay and this time finish Dead State :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1816544902783583419

1.08 Update Teaser
5 MAR @ 7:08PM - ATOMTEAM

662c79cb01c15b1fd761a237c14df94b2501009f.jpg

Greetings, friends!

After a month and a half long development cycle, we are finally ready to announce the contents of the free update, which we are planning to release on March 20th.

We spent our time working on all aspects of the game. Because of this, the game will now feature the following:
  • Quality of Life improvements (with a whole lot of new features suggested to us by you, our players);
  • Mod creation tools as well as full mod support;
  • Additional balance rules that do not override previous ones, but add to them greatly;
  • New AI functions;
  • Weapon tweaks, including changes to AP consumption and to-hit formulae;
  • Tens of new characters with their unique dialogues and portraits;
  • New questline with two opposing factions;
  • Huge improvements to the stability of the game;
  • New visual effects and animations;
  • New graphic elements (status icons, items, game art);
  • New locations and random encounters;
  • Bug fixes galore;
  • New achievements.

We will also make another update-related post, with full info on balance changes. Be sure to express your opinion on the topic when it's ready.

Also, a special bullet point, aimed at our English-speaking audience: talented writer Scott Hammof “Age of Decadence” and “Battle Brothers” fame is now helping us improve the English translation of the game. Thank you very much, Scott.

And thank you, our players, for sticking with us and ATOM!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Awesome, these guys are setting the gold standard for post release support. Constant communication, listening to feedback, frequent updates, free dlc... For that alone they deserve every sale they get.

just

Liturgist
Whoa seems unfair to get free dlc after paying so low price. :]
yea this exactly. it's not like i'll complain or something but i'd gladly pay few bucks
make a horse armor so i can give you few rubbles coz you deserve it

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is genius. Add a free horse armor dlc, then make a paid horse dlc.
Not only will ATOM RPG be a better Fallout successor than anything Bethesda ever made, it will also have better horse armor dlc than anything Bethesda ever made.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Mod creation tools as well as full mod support;
if they are good enough to make something like Marauder- Man of Prey inspired project or some treasure hunt jobs - I'm gonna give it a try

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This is genius. Add a free horse armor dlc, then make a paid horse dlc.
Not only will ATOM RPG be a better Fallout successor than anything Bethesda ever made, it will also have better horse armor dlc than anything Bethesda ever made.

Truly genius plan to troll bad habits in undustry while making good money of it. Who says teaching doesn't pay off, teaching others the way of incline, that is!
:incline:
There is small technical obstacle though, first ATOM needs patch with following patch notes:
  • Added horses to the game
  • Added horse armor, buyable from merchants for 4.99 in-game rubles
  • Added horse armor, buyable from Steam for 4.99 American dollars
Conversion rate is so bad & painful that can only be explained by Dollar and FED being hit by nuke in ATOM world and anyone who opts to buy from Steam merchant is either gifting money to devs or doesn't need it in which case it would be better spent by Russians. Plus Industry receives really good lesson, financed by rich & stupid. Win for Incline worldwide!

You can even name DLC "Gift Horse" and say that all money goes to buying actual steed as mean of fast travelling for devs to their work. Who knows, maybe Horse is also C++ savant

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom