Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount&Blade Warband : best mods.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
There was a Wheel of Time mod, but that was unfinished iirc.

Beastro

Arcane
Looks like The Last Days finally got ported to WB.

Might revisit MB now myself: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

"finally" = around 5 years ago. :D

The modDB version is heavily outdated and unstable. Install either the Steam Workshop version:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299974223

Or the latest (less stable) nightly build from here:

https://tldmod.github.io/

I waited a long while for it to finally be ported until I gave up. Shows how long I last played the game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blood and Gold Caribbean is okay if you want some age of sail. It's a standalone game though.

Derk Derm

Literate
Sayazn (http://www.moddb.com/mods/sayazn) is a pretty good mod, a short summary is this: Asymmetrical factions with gameplay ranging from standard M&B fare to massed pike & shot levies set within a fictional area that seems to be partially based on South East Asia, India and the Philippines.

Adds in a bunch of new gameplay systems including (but not limited to) insurrections from unhappiness, recruiting actually affecting fief population, persistent ammo for troops using firearms, and technological progress (resulting mainly in better weaponry and new troops for factions).
Development progress on the mod is pretty slow due to it being the work of a single person but apparently airship battles are planned, though not available in the current version.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i picked viking conquest at the latest gog sale and are there any good mod for viking conquest?im having dat dark age itch and bored to play brytenwalda yet again.

Fargus

Arcane
Dickplomacy is a nice mod for Warband :smug:

I used to enjoy ACoK (A Clash of Kings - Game of Thrones mod), but it got shittier with new versions, past 2.0.

i picked viking conquest at the latest gog sale and are there any good mod for viking conquest?im having dat dark age itch and bored to play brytenwalda yet again.

There are some mods for VC here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=416.0 But i havent tried any and only played Vanilla VC. Its good as it is and has campaign mode.

Tovias

Learned
I'd recommend 1257AD, or rather one of its submods that help a bit with balance and bugfixing. Warsword right now is pretty popular and I am fully enjoying it even with its shortcomings, the whole magic system is really cool and I think it's top 3 best Fantasy mods for Warband along with TLD and CoMM. I would also recommend the two I just mentioned. TLD is a pretty faithful LOTR mod that while it changes the open narrative of Warband for a more linear one, it still manages to give you enough freedom to build your own adventure. CoMM is just a blast for anyone who likes HoMM3 and Warband or necromancy. Diplomacy, or Dickplomacy if you are a degenerate, are straight up upgrades for the main game without going too crazy with an overhaul.
Floris is shit tho

Black Angel

Arcane
Bros, I want to try Freelancer mod but I'm confused which is the correct version. It seems in Moddb they ceased development of update for the mod but uploaded some bugfixes later on and the most recent version is 1.6, but people commented they got problems like lords not showing up in the castle despite being supposedly in said castle if you hover your cursor over the castle. Meanwhile, the Nexus got 1.5 version and it seemed outdated compared to 1.6

Black Angel

Arcane
What appeals to you about Freelancer mod?
I've been playing the games (original + Warband) an unhealthy amount of hours in rather short span of a month, so I've experienced pretty much most of what the games has to offer. I want something different, is all.

You want to physically walk through countless empty areas to get from location to location? But.. why?
Why not? Weren't the speed of the games fast-forwarded when you're being included in other's party? At least it's the case when you're imprisoned, so I wouldn't know if the same thing happens when you're a member of a party. It would be dumb of the modders not to include this feature in the first place, though.

deuxhero

Arcane
Freelancer is great. Nice alternative early game to beating up bandits and gets you into large battles you don't have to worry about your troops dying (since they aren't yours).

JustLooking

Scholar
Brytenwalda was a best mod to warband i played. The momment this weird music started playing after i turned on the game my hairy nipples got erect. Besides great atmosphere and a few neat ideas to core gameplay, like treasure hunting or visiting some historic places and introducing spies i think it really stood out for two reasons:

1. Archery and cavalary were nerfed(the second one in lesser extent) to the ground in comparision to warband where you would just stand on the chill and then press charge and watch everyone die. It opened up a new way of tactic and put more emphasis on going in close and personal on your own two foots and using throwing weapons like javelins more. I could no longer ride around on my chink horse, baraging my chasers with countless arrows. I had to go in, arm by arm with my man and i gotta tell you i never was so afraid of my life in warband before.

2. What other mod let you play as Pict and go half naked into combat, covered in war paints, with big as round shield and spear in your hand and feel a jolly breeze between your thights? It even gives you some small buffs for doing so and doesn't render you useless since without proper armor you may swing your sword for days and laugh at smelly norsemans and their cumbersome dirty chainmals. Welp at least until you get impaled by 3 javelins to your belly.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you've already played the hell out of vanilla then go play Pendor. It's now in it's final version as they won't update it anymore until Warband 2. Freelancer is more of a sub-mod. Yes, Pendor can get grindy towards the end but... so can vanilla. Just don't bother beating half the map. Pendor offers so much you can play until mid/early late game and then start over and try something else. Side with another faction, play an outlaw and grab a castle from the very start, check out the knighthood orders, etc.

Black Angel

Arcane
What other big mods included Freelancer? Apparently Pendor doesn't have it. Turns out the standalone Freelancer does have the notorious bug where kings and lord don't spawn in castles even though they're clearly there, so the only way to communicate with a lord if you aren't already in his service is to wait until he goes out into the wilderness.

I think I'll stick to standalone Freelancer for a while now. Once I finally got bored of it, I'll try the big mods.

Beastro

Arcane
I used to enjoy ACoK (A Clash of Kings - Game of Thrones mod), but it got shittier with new versions, past 2.0.

I used to play it a bunch and loved it.

What did they do to change it for the worse?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I mod the shit out of warband.. I just feel Freelancer is all the monotony without any of the payoff.. It basically brings the most boring and filler portions of open world into an otherwise tightly designed and enjoyable game flow.

That's just my opinion. I don't find much immersion / value in wandering the same 30 scenes ad nausea.

Black Angel

Arcane
I mod the shit out of warband.. I just feel Freelancer is all the monotony without any of the payoff.. It basically brings the most boring and filler portions of open world into an otherwise tightly designed and enjoyable game flow.

That's just my opinion. I don't find much immersion / value in wandering the same 30 scenes ad nausea.
I understand what you're saying, and having tried it for a few hours I concluded that the mod is better off as a part of other big mods, because on its own it just somehow managed to make the 'issues' with the vanilla game more glaring.

Still, as deama pointed out, it's a nice alternative way of beating bandits early game, and get involved in big battles without fear of losing your hard-earned resources. Not to mention it's a good way to accumulate wealth and experience, so when you're nicely prepared you can renounce your allegiance and go out on your own. I also liked the aspect of LARPing as one of the many units of the game.

Üstad

Arcane
What is the best vanilla type of mod for Warband?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom