Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox might be announcing a Vampire: The Masquerade RPG on March 21st, possibly by Hardsuit Labs

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Get ready for a scrubbed clean, safe experience!

GrainWetski

Arcane
I just hope this won't turn out as one of those "yet another old franchise gets fucked in the ass" scenarios.
A studio in Seattle that has only made a shitty multiplayer FPS. What could possible go wrong?

Not that there's any chance this wouldn't be some generic console action drivel regardless of who makes it.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
:me looks for the tiniest scrap of hype in the depths of my shrivelled, jaded soul:

nope
Adulthood sucked, and aging even more, not a scrap of hype either. What are the odds to get anything good ? Where are the prestigious writers name ? They will likely hire second hand juniors millenials who will top a , poorly executed, political agenda on it.

Why Seattle wtf

Portland would be better considering how inferior it is.
Portland is like king of homeless and nu-age hipster paradise.

Seattle is just overpriced tech worker land.

The next San Francisco with mountain views

Jinn

Arcane
Ah yes, a fine modern follow-up VTM RPG by the excellent developers who brought us...........Blacklight.............a F2P shooter..........that was shit..........:negative:

A Paradox Masquerade game eh? The dialogue choices are making me salivate already...

Jack: Don't be such a greenhorn, kiddo, you don't want to be stuck feeding on some civilian when the Sabat are coming...
You:
1. Uh, wut? [Intelligence < 4]
2. Relax, old man, I am from Clan Rambo. [Firearms > 9]
3. Say, I've analyzed what you said to me in that hallway over there, and I believe I know the entire gist of the plot. [$3.99 micro-transaction]
4. Don't you sell some cosmetic skins for my shotgun? [$1.99 micro-transaction]
5. I want a different character model and background music. [$9.99 micro-transaction]
6. This combat system sucks. I want something better! [$19.99 Combat DLC]

Hold up, doesn't Masquerade officially end in 2004? Tinder wasn't a thing back then IIRC
It came back with 4th and 5th edition.
No it didn't. VtM died in 2004 after the Gehenna splat book was released. A zombie crawled out of the grave recently with art that was scribled by a five year old but it was kept on a chain in the corner by CCP and now Paradox. And occasionally fed a soy slurping bearded numale when it craved human flesh. VtM is dead. No one can convince me otherwise.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No it didn't. VtM died in 2004 after the Gehenna splat book was released. A zombie crawled out of the grave recently with art that was scribled by a five year old but it was kept on a chain in the corner by CCP and now Paradox. And occasionally fed a soy slurping bearded numale when it craved human flesh. VtM is dead. No one can convince me otherwise.

The New World of Darkness was such a bust sales-wise that they had to bring the old one back. As I understand it, Gehenna happened in 2004, but it didn't cause a vampire apocalypse like expected. It's just as well because the summaries for most of those Gehenna scenarios were terrible.

Tao

Savant
Now, as far as i know, it suppose to be an antediluvian secret war even for the vampires themselfs. The moment you character get to much blood potency they "feel the urge" to go to the shahara or someshit like that to be part of the war for his ancestor, and thus you lose you op character :?

Codex Year of the Donut
Get ready for a scrubbed clean, safe experience!
I can't wait to bash the fash vampires
1533283676834.png

Prime Junta

There is such a thing as Zeitgeist, and VtM is 1990s distilled to a fine point.

A VtM RPG now is about as exciting as a Nirvana reunion.

Unless they figure out how to reanimate Kurt Cobain. That would make it pretty exciting. For all the wrong reasons.

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The only small hope I have is that Paradox published Battletech, which besides the transgender nonsense, is a playable fun recreation of the property. Ehh, there I go, getting my hopes up. Get ready for transgender romance multiple endings. It'll be edgy, like when transgender vamps snoodle their cocks together....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom