Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Israfael

Arcane
For Valerie, I used Sovereign mace, but i guess it's less useful for chaps with 80+ AC and insane touch dc

Removal

Scholar
I have to say, I went into this game blind and I'm blown away by how good it is. I was expecting far worse but this is probably my favorite rpg in years, buttloads of classes/builds, some good fights, good sense of exploration and way bigger than I thought it would be. Supplies mechanic is pretty nice and a good way to punish people who go into dungeons unprepared thinking they can rest or leave whenever they want.
that said kingdom management sucks and I dread having to open that screen every time plus the size of these save files are getting out control.

Yosharian

Arcane
is the DLC only available from a separate menu or can you integrate into the game? I plan on starting fresh once the DLC is out
I loaded an existing save after buying the Season Pass and the new companion was automatically integrated into my game, not sure if the story DLC will work the same way though.

Jinn

Arcane
is the DLC only available from a separate menu or can you integrate into the game? I plan on starting fresh once the DLC is out

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the DLC. The first DLC, which is out now, is the only one that integrates into the main campaign and you need to do nothing more than install it, then meet the new companion ingame. The next one coming out, and the one that follows that, are separate from the main campaign. This next one is a standalone 12-15 hour adventure with a different character, and one is a separate "Endless Dungeon" mode that you start from level 1. You can start playing now with the current DLC and you won't be missing out on anything from the upcoming DLCs.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the DLC. The first DLC, which is out now, is the only one that integrates into the main campaign. The next one coming out, and the one that follows that, are separate from the main campaign. One is a standalone 12-15 hours adventure with a different character, and one is a separate "Endless Dungeon" mode that you start from level 1. You can start playing now with the current DLC and you won't be missing out on anything from the upcoming DLCs.

except the upcoming DLC literally says that it affects things in the rest of the campaign

DLC 2
Varnhold's Lot - February , 2019*

A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to go against? Play this new story, and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign!

This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.
(post-launch content, a $11,99 value).

Jinn

Arcane
except the upcoming DLC literally says that it affects things in the rest of the campaign

Interesting. I've read a number of announcements for it and haven't seen any mention of that. Maybe I missed something in the the latest announcement? I don't know how they would integrate it.

Either way, it speaks to how poorly executed these DLC releases are being implemented, unfortunately.

EDIT:

DLC 2
Varnhold's Lot - February , 2019*

A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to go against? Play this new story, and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign!

This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.
(post-launch content, a $11,99 value).

I see. So it's like a prologue thing? Seems like it'll be enjoyable, but again, seems like counter-intuitive implementation.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Interesting. I've read a number of announcements for it and haven't seen any mention of that. Maybe I missed something in the the latest announcement? I don't know how they would integrate it.

Either way, it speaks to how poorly executed these DLC releases are being implemented, unfortunately.

It's from the season pass description on the steam page

Jinn

Arcane
It's not really counter-intuitive if it gives you more reasons to replay the base game

I agree with this to a certain degree, however, I don't know about you guys, but after I'm done with my 120+ hour playthrough, I'm not going to be replaying this for probably a couple years, or at least a good long time. It gives me little reason to buy this DLC anytime soon except to support Owlcat, which I'll probably do just because I love them.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
I see. So it's like a prologue thing? Seems like it'll be enjoyable, but again, seems like counter-intuitive implementation.
You select it from the menu instead of the main campaign. It's the journey of Maegar Varn establishing Varnhold, and takes place parallel to Chapter 1-2 in the primary campaign.
When you complete it, the choices made during his side adventure will have consequences in the main campaign.

To what degree, I do not know.

I also don't know how they are going to handle multiple Maegar choices for people with multiple playthroughs.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My Vivisectionist didn't pick Infusion - his buffs are only his own :)

Damn, I'm really torn by the "need Uncanny Dodge late game" thing. Legendary Proportions I can get from Octavia, I guess. But missing Transformation (or only getting it at 20 with Archeologist dip) would kinda suck.

:nocountryforshitposters:

What can I say, All Hail the King - Legendary Sized King, that is.
Other party members typically support the main char in my games.

Got the Coronation event yesterday.
Also Legendary Proportions on Octavia and Greater Mutagen on mainchar. And Protector Robes. AC jumped like 11 points up (60 with Magic Vestment). Life is good.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Plix somebody assist. My third level spells are useless crap when they could be sweet, sweet heightened rays

If I try to add Heighten to Octavia's Scorching ray, the game's interface automatically adds Maximize as well, and I can't remove it. Wtf?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I had same bug once and even reported it. Game close and restart + leaving only her in party helped. Do not know what exactly.

axedice

Cipher
I have a question about the first crown. So as far as I know

If you give the crown to Shyka, he breaks it and kills Nyrissa, foiling LK's plan regardless of other choices. Also no last chapter, you get the early ending. But what happens when you give it to Salim or keep it to yourself? If you keep it you get a curse research about the crown, no idea what that accomplishes. If you give it to Salim, he promises aid from Pharasma but no idea what kind of aid that might be either.

zapotec

Liturgist
shyka trolling ending is my canon finale :positive:

Can someone else confirms that the sometimes the game are saved in the steam cloud even if the cloud is disabled?
I finished the game 21st February, and the steam remote folder is full of saves files ranging from 19 February to 21 February.
My only guess is that reporting a bug with the in-game option will enable the steam cloud

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
News about Varnhold's Lot release date.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...r__Varnholds_Lot_DLC_Arriving_28_February.php

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Varnhold's Lot DLC Arriving 28 February

25 February 2019: Owlcat Games and Deep Silver today announce the second DLC Varnhold's Lot for their critically acclaimed RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker will launch on February 28.

You join Varn - as his general - and experience Varnhold's valorous history first-hand; the whole of it, not just the outcome!

Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold

If you've played the main campaign, you already know what happened to him... or do you?

Key Features

• Play a complete and challenging self-contained side story
  • Create a new character and fight for the future of Varnhold while your main campaign's hero establishes their barony in the Shrike Hills
  • Experience the adventure from a companion's point of view
  • Explore a huge new dungeon. What secrets lie in the forbidden depths?
  • Import your achievements into the main campaign! After you finish the DLC, a new event will unlock in the main story: Maegar Varn will invite you to visit the dungeon once again — to witness the consequences of your decisions...
  • Lead your commander to victory in combat and to prosperity in peace

I wonder if this gets a trailer.

Last edited:

panda

Savant
If I try to add Heighten to Octavia's Scorching ray, the game's interface automatically adds Maximize as well, and I can't remove it. Wtf?
I had this with belt of perfect components or something similair equipped.
If it is not the case then idk.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Totally not interested in self-contained, separate story with separate characters.

Yeah that's a real dubious venture so early. This game would be PERFECT for a TotSC style expansion that just added interesting nodes all over with a megadungeon as the primary focus.

We've gotten a lot of good shit from Kickstarter but I still haven't seen anything come close to Watcher's Keep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom