Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale 3 Remaster Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: inXile Entertainment; Krome Studios; The Bard's Tale Trilogy

Krome Studios have released their remaster of the third and final chapter of the original Bard's Tale trilogy, The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate. Originally released in 1988, Bard's Tale III was even bigger than its predecessor and considerably weirder, sending the player on a journey through a variety of parallel worlds to challenge a mad god. For that reason, it took Krome longer than expected to complete the remaster, although a beta version has been available since December. Unlike the previous two games in the series, Bard's Tale III's development was primarily led by Burger Bill (now Rebecca) Heineman. Considering her history with this remaster, it's not surprising that she doesn't appear in the launch trailer:

Owners of the remastered Bard's Tale Trilogy pack have received the third game as a free update. In addition to the game itself, Krome used the extra development time to finalize the promised optional Legacy Mode, which brings the games in line with their original 1980s releases in terms of mechanics. There are a whole bunch of new quality-of-life improvements as well. Details about all of that, including an extensive changelog, are available in the release announcement post on Steam. Now, onward to Wasteland!

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Aaaarrr... the paiiiin! That outside (Wilderness etc.) in the classic/remake is much more open than the "open areas" in BT4. The exploring is almost like Skyrim! While BT4 only has these fucking serpentine paths! :argh:

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Now I just have to get a new computer to play the trilogy. Now the question will be will they release a BTCS for people to create more content and modules?

Martyr

Arcane
I guess gog users have to wait a bit longer for the update?
nope, it has already been released a few hours ago.
yykfMd2.png

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Yes! Can't wait to give this one a go! Thoroughly enjoyed the previous two remakes within this package.
:incline:

Ladonna

Arcane
The memories...I have to admit, I struggled through this game on the C64 back in the day, and it took a hell of a long time to finish. The random encounters.....every couple of steps, another encounter. Totally turned me off the subgenre.

I was so happy when I discovered Dragon Wars was hybridised with Wasteland and not more of the same thing.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The memories...I have to admit, I struggled through this game on the C64 back in the day, and it took a hell of a long time to finish. The random encounters.....every couple of steps, another encounter. Totally turned me off the subgenre.

I was so happy when I discovered Dragon Wars was hybridised with Wasteland and not more of the same thing.

Now I want a Dragon Wars remake. :(

Darkzone

Arcane
I wonder why from Tarmitia only the Black Slayers are in the trailer and not other interesting denizens.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking about Fargo always having been Tarjan, why he would
have chosen this career and this life. But then again, he is the Mad God.

In retrospective this might be able to explain many things.
Looking back, at decisions by him, design directions enforced,
wondering, why in the name of Cthulhu did he do that...

...well, he's a mad god wandering through time and space.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom