Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

A horse of course

How they should've remade RE2's ending...

dd0l1aw-f7b4e0be-d868-4f12-a8f3-488411e3ccbc.jpg

lsxXxt9.png

The Excella/Ada voyeur scene is really good

TheRedSnifit

Educated

Viata

Arcane
The second one is horrible, tbh. The left side is great, but the right side is way too ugly. The first one feels out of the place compared to the graphics of the game.
If anything, just fix the right side of the second UI.
Then again, both of those are superior to the UI used in the game.

TheRedSnifit

Educated
I like the idea that Leon's inventory limit is actually dictated by his PDA, like he has to document everything he's carrying or he forgets it exists.

lightbane

Arcane

Well, compared to Mr. X he looks quite okay, especially seen from afar. He also can use guns IIRC, which is more important.
*Notices the Niggatyrant* Good to see Umbrella thought of everything and made a PC-friendly variant of their products.

I like the idea that Leon's inventory limit is actually dictated by his PDA, like he has to document everything he's carrying or he forgets it exists.

Seeing he was dumb enough to go to not-Spain while apparently not knowing Spanish in RE4, I can believe it.

KK1001

Arbiter
The aesthetic of the game is just "safe" and "looks good." There's really nothing unique to it at all.

Still fun, just sad how generic you have to make shit look these days. Things probably aren't as generic as they were in the mid-00s with the samey, brown, semen-colored textures everywhere, but AAA games have hardly gotten much better.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could someone tell me if the Resident Evil 2 demo is still available on PC? I can't find it anywhere.

A horse of course

Could someone tell me if the Resident Evil 2 demo is still available on PC? I can't find it anywhere.

Why are you looking for a free demo when the game has already been cracked and repacked to smaller sizes? Play an hour or so of the crack as a free trial.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Why are you looking for a free demo when the game has already been cracked and repacked to smaller sizes? Play an hour or so of the crack as a free trial.
I just wanted to take a look at its performance on my PC, and demo is smaller and faster to download. But if there is no demo, I will download the cracked version of course.

A horse of course

I just wanted to take a look at its performance on my PC, and demo is smaller and faster to download. But if there is no demo, I will download the cracked version of course.

I'd speculate that the cracked version would be closer to the release version of the game thus a better measure of performance, but I dunno.

laclongquan

Arcane
The nude mod youtube video has been down~ I blame you guys posting it on Codex and suppressed individuals around here report it~

Not that help such people's cause, because resident evil nude mod video is dime a dozen and there's millions of such video.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane

For the audio director's talk about three-dimensional sound, the end result still sounds distinctly stereo. I never felt like the sound was coming from anywhere but left and right. The quality is also worse than when disabling binaural. You can test it in the main menu. The rain sounds clearer with the option off. Binaural recording and other virtual surround techniques are cool concepts, but they never deliver in games.

A horse of course

Yeah, sound design is often unnappreciated in games, and there are parts of RE2 (like Mr. X's footsteps) where it really could've benefitted from proper positional audio (but didn't).

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Maybe the game was intended to be played with 5.1 headsets or something like that? I have trash ones and I never experienced such "dynamic" sound direction they were publizing on and on. In fact, in some parts of the game is confusing to realise where Mr.X according his footsteps. Sometimes he sounds like he's very near to you but he's actually in the above floor.

KK1001

Arbiter
5.1 headsets are a meme. You only have two ears and the audio source is right next to them.

Master

Arbiter
True, but multiple sources can be mimicked by software. I dont know how those "multiple speakers" headphones are.

A horse of course

Maybe the game was intended to be played with 5.1 headsets or something like that? I have trash ones and I never experienced such "dynamic" sound direction they were publizing on and on. In fact, in some parts of the game is confusing to realise where Mr.X according his footsteps. Sometimes he sounds like he's very near to you but he's actually in the above floor.

You can tell by the sound of the studs or clasps or rustling of his coat - if you can hear them, he's in the same room. If you can only hear the footsteps, he's close-ish. However, as you said, positionally it's a mess, and I don't think this feature even takes account of the size or layout of rooms, which is why it sounds especially strange if you're goading him back and forth from the room under the statue in the main hall. If anyone has played with Dolby (does the game even support it?)/a genuine multi-speaker setup in their house, feel free to chime in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom