Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chinese metroidvania.

Some action RPG/Roguelike.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
There's a thread for Scrolls of Taiwu in general rpg forum where I wrote a somewhat lengthy review/explanation of maybe like half the game mechanics. Figured I'd mention it here as well for anyone that doesn't usually browse the diablo and oblivion forum.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another interesting looking Chinese-only game is on the top of global top sellers. The Great Immortal Simulator, a wuxia version of Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress maybe with more RPG angle:

ss_242ddc6cf1a24fbe0dc949a9600a03d41523ec30.600x338.jpg

Google Translation:

"The Great Immortal Simulator" is a simulation business game that has Roguelike elements and combines elements of survival, role playing, and strategy. Inspired by works such as Dwarf Fortress, RimWorld, New Swordsman, and Heavenly Map, the game is designed to simulate a unique journey to the game.

In the game, the player will guide the character from God's perspective to survive and build his own martial art. In the process, you will experience the accidents or surprises of the characters, solve the crisis and difficulties they face, and personally create the legend of Xiu Xian.

Every time you start again, it's a brand new map, find the right place in the random terrain, and make everything in the world your help. In the world of sandboxing, do what you want to do, without being restrained, and do whatever you want. It is up to you to decide whether to live in a cave or build a pavilion on the lake or use the luxury of the local stone.

You can choose to practice hard, and break through the layers of difficulty to fly into a fairy;
you can also smash the world, collect the treasures of heaven and earth, leave the name of
Hehewei ; or collect the world's grass, refine the Qidan god medicine;
or become a refiner Master, casting magic weapon, flowing into the world.
Of course, you have to remember that righteousness and evil are not two.

IN2.png

Practice
  • There are more than a dozen kinds of sacred gongs, waiting for you to collect cultivation.
  • Forty different kinds of supernatural powers bring a completely different spiritual experience.
  • More than forty kinds of medicinal herbs, more than 30 kinds of medicinal herbs, each with a spiritual effect.
  • Everything can be made into a magic weapon.
  • Before the end of Shouyuan, upgrade the realm, collect treasures, and extend life.
  • Improve your self-cultivation in an all-round way to meet the test of flying up and robbery.
fighting
  • Control your magic weapon and fight with the enemy sword.
  • The imaginary body structure, every battle is full of possibilities.
  • Use the powerful secret method to reverse the situation.
Experience
  • Send disciples down the mountain to experience, get adventures, search for secrets, collect treasures.
  • Punish evil and promote good or poison the world, let the king choose.
  • Hundreds of story templates are waiting for you to experience.
IN3.png

survive
  • Collect food, wood and other resources to survive in the strange jungle.
  • Building houses, farming farmland, and expanding your martial art.
  • Hoarding supplies to meet the challenges of harsh climate.
  • Luhan, 蜚, Bi Fang... always ready to face the opportunities and challenges brought by the strange animals
Manufacturing
  • Hundreds of food, weapons, clothing, accessories.
  • Choose from different materials, and the finished product will inherit the characteristics of the material.
Construction
  • Use the five elements of raw grams to adjust the feng shui and build your hole.
  • A reasonable layout makes your martial art efficient and beautiful.
Social
  • Parents, lovers, friends, enemies... Use your means to deal with the relationship between the disciples.
  • Thousands of social events showcase a vivid three-dimensional martial art life.
IN4.png

challenge:
  • In the hard core mode, challenge the life that cannot be repeated and gain achievements.
Mod:
  • Gradually provide support for MOD development, and look forward to working with you to build the world of cultivation!
Linkage:
  • Irregularly interact with other excellent works, like your favorite, love what you love!
Dlc:
  • In the future, we will continue to develop and provide more exciting content in the form of DLC: the spirit of the beast, the rise of the demon, the sect of the sect... in the near future!

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Tale of Wuxia developers are making a new game with a new publisher.

:shredder:

Steam page:

ss_54ed816da5cd441f5015eb0124c4129596e45a18.600x338.jpg
ss_5dba13b0e96b599c540523ecbf22bc1363072b6b.600x338.jpg

Chinese only at the moment.

Ho Tu Lo Shu: The Books of Dragon is the third title of Heluo Studio since its return to the PC game market with the game, Tale of Wuxia. It inherits the trademark feature of Heluo Studio, high degree of freedom for players, creating an wuxia style open world for the first time. With realistic art style and rich character development, Ho Tu Lo Shu:The Books of Dragon allows player to explore a vast wuxia world and create their own adventure with the company of various memorable characters.

Vast open world without loading screen
The biggest open world CRPGs ever made! Explore caves, mountains and all the secret areas hiding on the map, roam free and experience the beauty of this world. Run into rare encounter around the corner or chase mysterious legend across this breathing wuxia world where every NPCs have their own inventory, property, works, preferences and routines.

A quest to find a way home
Drifting in time and space, you accidentally came to this unfamiliar wuxia world. Eager to find a way back home, you begin your search on Ho Tu and Lo Shu, the two lost books of dragon. Follow clues and questlines, learn various styles of martial arts and gather fearless characters into your squad in order to fight your way through dangerous foes and sinister plot. Or simply venture off the track and dig into the story of the people you meet on the road. Help them along the way or betray them, it’s all your choice.

The next generation of turn-based strategy battle
No loading screen and background changes, fierce battle begins right on the spot. Spend your action point carefully on moving, using martial arts and items. Command the four members of your squad and face the challenges and surprises of fearsome beasts, honorable masters and cunning villains of Wulin.

Rich character development with flexible martial arts combination
Firmness, Softness, Quickness, Calmness, Cleverness and Dullness, among the six paths of inspirations, which one will you take? What kinds of profound techniques will you choose to master in each of the martial arts skill trees? With careful planning of your inspiration and martial arts, you will be able to build the one and only Xia of your ideal.

Tried it out. Its technically really janky with alot of ugly pop up and occassional drops in frame rate when a new sector loads.

The good is that the fighting system is completely redone from the Tale of Wuxia. There is much more freedom to mix and match move sets from different styles, new stance system that encourages characters to specialize in different roles and a less painful crafting system. Quests, at least in the starting village and from what I can understand, also encourage exploration and investigation. It can be easy to run into a combat encounter that you are not ready for while exploring, but the game allows you to retreat without penalty in most cases.

Overall its rather enjoyable.

yolu

Novice

What is this craziness? I've seen clips of this game elsewhere, but none of the videos were in English so I can't even search for the title (unlike the more well known titles such as Sword & Fairy).

This is 侠客英雄传XP, a remake of an old Wuxia rpg 侠客英雄传3 by 精讯, a Taiwan developer and released in 2005. The title 侠客英雄传 means 'Legend of Martial Hero' in English. The original game was released in 1997 and eclipsed by Legend of Sword and Fairy 1. Not a very well-known game even in Chinese community.

yolu

Novice
And here is an introduction for this game in English:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/xiake-yingxiongzhuan
But I don't think there is an English version.

What is this craziness? I've seen clips of this game elsewhere, but none of the videos were in English so I can't even search for the title (unlike the more well known titles such as Sword & Fairy).

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Chinese languages only, unfortunately.

---

Bonus: DOA killer from China, come with English support:

ss_e8015b835c7b693c01a100f7bfc4ea6bad631af1.600x338.jpg
ss_1450a749f86fdf739d3217f63a519f66795d0453.600x338.jpg

An all-female character fighting game that fully customizes the character.

Several major features:
  • Classic fighting system, 3D beautiful picture, super strong sense of hit and operation.
  • The easy-to-use continuous skill system makes it easy for novices to make combos.
  • All customizable character creation systems, from face to body, from hair style to clothing, from bust to hip, all can be customized with free size, you know it.
  • The new dynamics of the realistic chest swaying physical effect system, wearing clothing will affect the shape of the swaying, more authentic.
  • The perfect clothes breaking system may be the most perfect breaking system in the fighting game, and all the clothes can be broken! (Of course, if you don't like it, you can turn off the effect in the system option)
  • Complete story mode and arcade mode, local battle mode, the full version will also join the network battle function.

More clothing and new characters are still in production! You can purchase the early access version to support us!

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Those pictures and videos are pretty titillating. I'm trying to absorb what I saw and recognize a common theme among these Chinese games, but maybe it's too much to get abreast of it all. I'll keep juggling what the common theme could be in my mind. I can be such a boob about these things though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bad news. Heluo Studio, developers of Tale of Wuxia games and 河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon) were sued by Soft-World. Heluo lost the case and must now pay $24,000,000NT. They don't seem to have the money and will have to close. Check out the below link.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/952860/discussions/0/1848072002760223657/

I asked for a link, and it turns out that this isn't bullshit.
https://playgame.wiki/news/4b15711fc3

Oh well, I got three games that I thoroughly enjoyed out of them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
M.A.S.S. Builder, a mech action game with "an in-depth customization system" from Thailand. Published by Sekai Project. Demo is available:

ss_842f8f8c05ca68badad93036e43980fcb78caf91.600x338.jpg

Kickstarter:

Countermark Saga Frozen sword, a Fire Emblem-ish tactical RPG. Visual hops between 8-bit and 16-bit for some reason:

ss_4a7637fe37b3ba7a757a98881b4f2d386bf29212.600x338.jpg
ss_c99a9c59d98b53fbb4a877bb0cf0bdb0f0cc006f.600x338.jpg

kirin

Learned
Bad news. Heluo Studio, developers of Tale of Wuxia games and 河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon) were sued by Soft-World. Heluo lost the case and must now pay $24,000,000NT. They don't seem to have the money and will have to close. Check out the below link.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/952860/discussions/0/1848072002760223657/

I asked for a link, and it turns out that this isn't bullshit.
https://playgame.wiki/news/4b15711fc3

Oh well, I got three games that I thoroughly enjoyed out of them.

Is the prequel and books of dragon any good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom