Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic III 20th anniversary

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
F
:hero::hero::hero:

D0g51LhX0AAIsu4.jpg:large
D0g328nWkAEX3g0.jpg:large
D0fvJBuX4AAN7zy.png:large
D0g1r4pWkAE2mmP.jpg:large
ruu8yswohcn01.jpg
D0flR3qWwAEZC2X.jpg
D0fltl3X0AI5NiP.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember installing it for the first time, the main menu music almost gave me an orgasm.

And then I saw how the game looks and was amazed.

Good times.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The best thing about HoMM 3 is the editor. The best user made maps are much better than the rather boring campaign and most of the standalone maps.

Aemar

Arcane
tumblr_oqjxbc3eV51ujca6vo1_1280.gif

https://vertibirdo.tumblr.com/tagged/homm3

Heroes of Might & Magic III, the unsurpassed king of the fantasy-themed strategy genre (closely followed by its predecessor), as far as I'm concerned. A truly magical game that managed to capture the mind and the imagination of countless gamers around the world.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

GrainWetski

Arcane
I dare say HoMM 1 isn't better in any area unless you prefer the graphics.

I'm in the midst of going through the entire series(even the recent ones eventually, haven't even played 6/7 at all so I'll at least try them out) and I decided to stop with 1 after like 3 missions. Just such a basic game compared to 2/3 that I didn't feel like continuing. Maybe I'll go back to it after I'm done with 3. Just finished RoE and the first campaign in AB last week which is unintentionally kinda perfect timing.

visions

Arcane
HoMM1 has the cheesy implementation of Vancian magic going for it. Knowledge 10? Means I can cast 10 Town Portals and 10 Armageddons and 10 of every other spell I know before going back to town. :lol:

Sure it's "broken" but there's something fun about things being broken in such a manner. At least for a few games every once in a while.

EDIT: Town portal was a hilariously stupid example with my wording (not sure how that slipped through) but you get the point. Though technically if the town I cast town portal to doesn't have a magic guild with town portal, the spell won't get recharged so in principle I may still use the spell 10 times before recharging it.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I still remember to this date the intense hot seat games we had with friends that always ended with someone ragequitting in epic fashion. We were a bit too young for Heroes II but by third we got really good grasp of the game. And god damn those rage quits were epic.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Codex might not appreciate HoMM3 but I DO

Also top three towns are Rampart, Fortress and Stronghold. FIGHT ME

Pharad

Novice
Just saw this, holy crap, the memories.. Spent endless hours on this game in my pre-teens, probably a decade or more ago.. I need to get and play it again!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom