Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
As long as they make combat and guns better than in NW, game will be fine. No need them romance dramas.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
As long as they make combat and guns better than in NW, game will be fine.

Suppose there’s a question for what exactly would constitute for ”better”. Better for achieving what kind of experience.

I’d consider making it a ”better” FPS than New Vegas certainly an improvement of sorts, but a wrong kind of one (which turns the effect to the contrary).

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
I do not take it for granted that gunplay in TOW will be as good as in FONV (where it already wasn't spectacular). I am not an FPS expert or anything, but it looks to me like FPS gunplay is something that requires considerable talent and experience to make it feel good.

The guns themselves were fine in FONV, what was the problem? Great variety.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game reeks of low energy, just like its has-been developers. Just looking at it or hearing its news makes me feel tired and sleepy. Its some sort of mystical energy radiating from the developers through their game. I was pumped to go running and then go to the gym and when I glanced at this game latest news I feel tired and sleepy now.

The Real Fanboy

Simple Simon

Scholar
I wonder why they are doing all this press stuff when they have not even disclosed a release date? Is the consumer supposed to stay hyped up for 6 months?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
AP was a great idea!
RAlity.png

imweasel

@1:00 "I hate to say it's all about money, but it is [...] so we're thinking about this in early 2018 about where do we go and how do we do this?"

Poor guys. If only Pillows Of Eternity 2 didn't severely underperform like it did.

:balance:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Other explanation:

I think his kids are teens by now. A parents hell.
The Project Eternity livestream, where his son asked Alvin if he robbed banks, and the chat room people started jumping up and down about lolis when Feargus dragged his daughter out was nearly seven years ago. :negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pegultagol

Erudite
It's still Thursday here, and also in Minneapolis where these guys are based. Given that the coverage was for a month, I think they did the interview today and will put it up tomorrow.

Thonius

Arcane
I wonder why they are doing all this press stuff when they have not even disclosed a release date? Is the consumer supposed to stay hyped up for 6 months?
Pre-Order it ! Do it now we can even give you a 5% discount!
Obviously they are trying to maintain hype ( why it's there I don't know) to sell as many preorders as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom