Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

razvedchiki

Erudite
Well, I completed the DLC. Mostly a linear combat grind. All in all I would have strongly prefered a TotSC style expansion to this.
can you import any items to the main campaign?

anyone has a link to the weapon list?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, I completed the DLC. Mostly a linear combat grind. All in all I would have strongly prefered a TotSC style expansion to this.

No clue, I'm exploring the far West @ level 15 currently in the main game so it'll be a while before I head home

Cael

Arcane

No clue, I'm exploring the far West @ level 15 currently in the main game so it'll be a while before I head home
*Grunker gets pincushioned by a bunch of elves* Wait... Wrong far west..

Sykar

Arcane
Thinking of playing this game. From what I've seen, I like the character generator and all the stats and customization, apparently you also get strategic layer at some point, watched some videos and streams and have some questions:
1. How does stealth work? Is it worth it? Can you pickpocket?
2. Non combat builds are viable to finish the MQ or just not recommeded?
3. Are there multiple ways to solve quests? Stealth, speech etc.
4. Any "immersive sim" elements, like in DOS2?
5. Any tips?
1) Stealth is mostly worthless for the MC, it's useful to have on one skill-monkey though.

2) absolutely not

3) not really, be prepared for combat mostly

4) um...

5) dunno, read my sig thing, could be some useful info there

Did you proofread your guide? Because I found a mistake already just glossing over it. Tiefling Thundercaller, for the lineage you wrote "Spritespawn". It is written Spite-spawn, without an "r". A sprite is a kind of faerie. Spite is a desire to hurt someone physically or emotionally or both, behaving maliciously, etc.

"Characters in the Back Line need to be protected from melee attackers at all costs..." you do not write "back line" in capital letters.

Conjurer wizard, you have listed "Evopcation" as opposing school.

Further glossing over your conjurer section I'd like to add that humans, tieflings and aasimar are just as good as elves for conjurers since a lot of their spells and all their summons ignore spell resistance, ergo the need for spell penetration is comparatively low. Elves are a top choice but they are not the end all be all choice your guide seems to make them out to be. In fact Aasimar, especially muse-touched, are easily just as good, with Tieflings close behind and Glitterdust is a great daily ability which is useful from start to finish. Human offers a great early power boost thanks to that bonus feat and are more flexible skill wise, giving you the option to max another skill which can be nice, like athleticism for example for which there are quite a few skill checks around. Lastly Half elves are weaker, skill focus is nice but not as good as human free feat, but still fine.
I do not see the point of having 13 strength by the way. I played with 8 and never felt the need for more.

Imho if you write a guide at least proofread it thoroughly.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started over after playing at launch and stopping because of bugs now that all the DLC is out (at least the story related stuff) and I must say I am rather impressed by how the game is now.. runs a lot smoother, UI seems to have had some QOL improvements? not sure, it feels better though and seems more polished all around. I will probably play through the first two chapters of the main campaign before starting Varnhold's Lot, but I was surprised how they put the new companion from the first DLC into the intro level of the game instead of the random person it was before..

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
They did big interface overhaul in 1.1 but add little things with almost every patch. I appreciate QOL improvements but I'd appreciated them even more if Owlcat was properly documenting their patchnotes :roll:

Cael

Arcane
They did big interface overhaul in 1.1 but add little things with almost every patch. I appreciate QOL improvements but I'd appreciated them even more if Owlcat was properly documenting their patchnotes :roll:
In Mother Russia, patchnotes document you!

Patchnotes being a branch of the KGB :D

Yosharian

Arcane
Thinking of playing this game. From what I've seen, I like the character generator and all the stats and customization, apparently you also get strategic layer at some point, watched some videos and streams and have some questions:
5. Any tips?
1) Stealth is mostly worthless for the MC, it's useful to have on one skill-monkey though.

2) absolutely not

4) um...

Did you proofread your guide? Because I found a mistake already just glossing over it. Tiefling Thundercaller, for the lineage you wrote "Spritespawn". It is written Spite-spawn, without an "r". A sprite is a kind of faerie. Spite is a desire to hurt someone physically or emotionally or both, behaving maliciously, etc.

"Characters in the Back Line need to be protected from melee attackers at all costs..." you do not write "back line" in capital letters.

Further glossing over your conjurer section I'd like to add that humans, tieflings and aasimar are just as good as elves for conjurers since a lot of their spells and all their summons ignore spell resistance, ergo the need for spell penetration is comparatively low. Elves are a top choice but they are not the end all be all choice your guide seems to make them out to be. In fact Aasimar, especially muse-touched, are easily just as good, with Tieflings close behind and Glitterdust is a great daily ability which is useful from start to finish. Human offers a great early power boost thanks to that bonus feat and are more flexible skill wise, giving you the option to max another skill which can be nice, like athleticism for example for which there are quite a few skill checks around. Lastly Half elves are weaker, skill focus is nice but not as good as human free feat, but still fine.
I do not see the point of having 13 strength by the way. I played with 8 and never felt the need for more.

Yikes

Cael

Arcane
5. Any tips?

2) absolutely not

4) um...

I don't know, man. The way he shills for his own "guides" is lilura-esque. He points to them at every possible opportunity no matter how long the bow is drawn. What is wrong with answering questions here in the forum? Why must people go to his "guides"? I don't point to my online notes for various games every single time that someone asks a question.

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of the clicks if I were you.

Sykar

Arcane
5. Any tips?

2) absolutely not

4) um...

I don't know, man. The way he shills for his own "guides" is lilura-esque. He points to them at every possible opportunity no matter how long the bow is drawn. What is wrong with answering questions here in the forum? Why must people go to his "guides"? I don't point to my online notes for various games every single time that someone asks a question.

It's a steam community page so whatever. What is more he is not an insufferable douchy dipshit like Lilura who thinks far too highly of him- or herself.

Cael

Arcane

It's a steam community page so whatever. What is more he is not an insufferable douchy dipshit like Lilura who thinks far too highly of him- or herself.
"Read my blog, read my blog!
"Read my guides, read my guides!"

Same difference to me :D

Sykar

Arcane

"Read my blog, read my blog!
"Read my guides, read my guides!"

Same difference to me :D

Lilura does far more than just ask you to read his or her blog. He or she is a judgmental asswipe who thinks he or she is the most knowledgeable person in the world and the arbiter of truth on a variety of games ranging from BG series to the original FO to JA 2.
So no, not the same difference to me.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
About spell
It is 5-in-1, you can check it with "arrow" on spell
- +6 to all abilities checks for party
- reroll one failed skill check for party with bonus
- reroll one failed save for party with bonus
- stronger version of Banishment
- HD dependent aoe CC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Did they cut off content about Ilthuliak ? How unfair the only true dragon in the game doesn't have a related quest (other than the magic key).

I kindda like it. It's its own thing and the reward is siiiick

yolu

Novice
Did they cut off content about Ilthuliak ? How unfair the only true dragon in the game doesn't have a related quest (other than the magic key).

I kindda like it. It's its own thing and the reward is siiiick
It makes me feel a bit guilty for slaying it without a proper reason, whose evil deeds only exist in lore.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Do you ever gain access to the Pitaxian merchants with insane wares again? I was kind of counting on being able to access them after becoming Queen of Pitax but alas.

I just started the Varnhold DLC with Eldritch Arcana; and holy shit that mod adds a LOT of options.

Taking Nature Soul, Animal Ally and Boon Companion feats allows you to have an animal companion for ANY CLASS with the same level and stats as a druid.

And this is just one of the few new stuffs. The favored class options for certain spell-casting classes (which you can take at every level) for human/part human races allows you to choose extra spells!!! Spontaneous casters with this become even more uber.

I have yet to explore the other feats/traits/options added by this mod.

My munchkin hard on is ready :bounce::bounce::bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom