Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Suicidal

Arcane
I decided to (re)play the entire series before this comes out + I've never played 1 & 2 and the reboot.

1 was pretty good, but dated as fuck with some of the most autistic camera angles in the series.

2 was such a fucking meme holy shit, I don't understand how the series didn't die after that game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1 was pretty good, but dated as fuck with some of the most autistic camera angles in the series.

The camera angles, backtracking and puzzles are the result of the game starting out as a Resident Evil game. Somewhere in the early development they figured the game had way to much action to be an RE so they decided to make a new IP instead.
DMC1 is still the most atmospheric one in the series.

2 was such a fucking meme holy shit, I don't understand how the series didn't die after that game.

That's because the director of 2 was not Hideki Kamiya (the creator of DMC1 and one of the founder of Platinum Games). The game was supposedly developed by that unknown director for almost a whole year, and apparently after all that time they only had artwork and some models. So Capcom stepped in, canned that guy and replaced him for Hideaki Itsuno (director of DMC3/4 & Drangon's Dogma). And they only gived him about 5/4 months to complete the game, after which it would be shipped the way it was.
So really DMC2 is pretty much still a Alpha version of the potential game.

In that final stream they talked about why this has better faces than Resident Evil 2 Remake, (and I'm guessing RE7) they did the face scans somewhere else: Some place in Serbia. Apparently it's one of the best places in the world to do face scans for video games, don't remember where he said the Resident Evil ones were done but it wasn't there.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
PIjsbos.png

:hmmm:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How the fuck do they not know how to dodge?
Either jump over or hold the target button and press the jump button, with the movement stick either to the left or right, at the same time. How hard can that be?
And some guys also cracked me up saying that the target mechanic was old shit and that DmC was better these regards.

They've reached a new level of stupidity. I've seen some dumb fucking shit come out of that crowd before, but this is just another level. Even in the GAF era that bunch seemingly understood action games. I hope that thread is full of people telling them how fucking stupid they are.

sullynathan

Arcane
Final Round of spoilers brought to you by Shirrako the YouTuber

zfSWAxf.gif

ryuyt.jpg
D72ng5T_d.jpg
20190302_043129.png
yXEyHXB.jpg

19 enemies

15 bosses
- 3 are reskins
- 10ish are big style
- 5ish are humanoid style (ie. Credo etc.)
- No Lucia
- 10-15 bosses, few are repeats
- Vergil has Yamato and Yamato only, new and returning moves
- Nobody dies explicitly
- No Vergil-Nero father-son moment but the relationship is acknowledged
- RIP Rebellion
- Trish and Lady are more fanservice
- Nobody knew of Urizen in the Demon World until know
- No ties to Mundus
- DSD DT is more about power than combos
- Bringer can be used without DT (STANDO POWAH)
- Breakers will never be switchable at will (Pasta Breaker still relevant)
- If you grab a staggered enemy and mash Square while you do it in DT, you will still summon those curved sowrds like in DMC4 too
And vergil is so good looking honestly the best looking of the cast
- Devil Sword Dante replaces Sparda
- King Cerberus is an unmissable weapon
- No new or surprise Devil Breakers
- No new weapons for Nero
- No new styles for Dante
- DT and Bringer activates at very last mission
- DT is activated using Left D-Pad
- Bringer is mapped to R2
- Can buy Blue and Purple Orbs in the Shop
- Nero DT has weird ram horns (also wings)
- Kyrie or Patty won't be appearing
- Nero won't get Yamato back
- Dante gets Sin DT same time he gets DSD
- Nero's DT works with Breakers, not replaced by Bringer
- Vergil is both a protag and antag
- The best version of Vergil has ever been
- Nero's DT feels like DMC4 DT but more developed
- Some missions, you can choose a character to play as
- NO PLAYABLE VERGIL (RIP)
- V no new summons
- Nero at the end becomes as strong as Dante
- Nothing happens to Yamato after DMC5
- (Person) is happy where Yamato is
- Once unlocked, DT and Bringer can be used at any mission
- Assumes higher difficulties are balanced with DT and Bringer
- "Not answering about Vergil = Urizen, but most people have guessed there's a relation"
- Not sure about Super Costumes
- Vergil's face is different from Dante's but not the same as V's
- No one dies
- Vergil is most handsome (of course)
- Nero is 2nd
- Mission 19 and 20 are just battles (boss battles?)
- Beating harder difficulties unlocks weapons and weapon slots for Dante

-Neros dt summons multiple "holographic" hands behind him

- The best version of Vergil has ever been - context for this was asking for his redemption
- Vergil's DT has dragon like tail
Vergil's costume is black/navy
''if you didnt think judgement cut could get better, you're wrong''
nobody dies explicitly - cant say more than that

turt8u.PNG

image0.jpg
1551586242480.jpg
f7b61KI.jpg

Prologue - Nero 1 - Nero 2 - Nero 3 - Nero 4 - V 5 - V 6 - Nero (boss only) 7 - Nero or V 8 - Nero 9 - V 10 - Dante 11 - Dante 12 - Dante 13 - Nero or V or Dante 14 - V 15 - Nero 16 - Dante 17 - Dante (boss only) 18 - Dante 19 - Dante (boss only) 20 - Nero (boss only)

DMC5VSmile.gif
1551587950698.png
1551588141341.png

Last edited:

Shinji

Savant
English subtitles are available

In this special episode toco toco, we headed west to Osaka to follow Hideaki Itsuno, director of the upcoming Devil May Cry 5 and the duo Yasuhiro Anpo & Kazunori Kadoi, directors of the critically acclaimed and recently released Resident Evil 2 remake. Separated between two floors, the three game directors opened their doors to their respective development areas and introduced us to the places that inspire them, ranging from book stores to retro gaming shops in Osaka’s Nipponbashi area, over the course of two days.

Jinn

Arcane
Hideaki Itsuno is a true brother. A developer who actually enjoys playing videogames, urges his team to play games, and makes good games? Imagine that.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I decided to (re)play the entire series before this comes out + I've never played 1 & 2 and the reboot.

DMC2 is the only one I skipped. I was shocked by this this morning:

Jinn

Arcane
Went ahead and snagged this off of Green Man Gaming today for $44. I have no doubt it's going to be excellent, so I thought I might as well grab it on sale now because it's going to be awhile before it goes this deep again. Wanted to get it from a known reputable key store because I'm definitely voting with my dollar on this one. Here's hoping for Dragon's Dogma 2 coming up next on Itsuno's schedule.

Looking forward to Friday and my first playthrough of it, with hopefully several more on harder difficulties later well into the future.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Hey guys reviews are in and here is one you can fill your bingo card with:

https://www.cgmagonline.com/reviews/devil-may-cry-5-ps4-review/

"In a post Bayonetta world, Devil May Cry 5 had a lot to prove to assert itself as a relevant mainstay against its contemporaries"

"Lady and Trish return, and watching these two women, who have been typically portrayed as just as capable and powerful as the men of these games, relegated to damsels in distress with zero agency of their own or chances to shine is more than disappointing, it feels disrespectful. This is especially apparent when, around the midpoint of the game, DMC5 sexualizes both characters in consensually problematic ways."

"It’s just unexceptional in the face of games that have revitalized a genre as recently as the past two years. God of War, Bayonetta 2, and Nier: Automata all stand out as stellar, modern examples of what the action genre is capable of."

-cgmagonline

So far:
dIAcE08.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom