Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The quest design isn't really that great, despite me liking the actual writing. A lot of quests involve your Witcher sense.

KK1001

Arbiter
Yeah, you use your witcher senses, fight things, talk to people. That's on the game system. All of the quests are going to be variations of: talk to person, find out what is their problem, track monster/go to location, fight thing, rinse and repeat.

The beauty of good quest design is dressing this basic formula up or layering it in interesting ways, and I think The Witcher 3 succeeds at that.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
There's no way this is coming out in 2019.
>E3
>new consoles revealed
>release Q4 2019
>Zoomerpunk needs a complete rebuild because they aren't as powerful as they thought they would be
>gets delayed to Q2 2020
>Alexa, play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ezd24krgiQ

https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-3-design-director/

Witcher 3 design director is on Cyberpunk 2077.
^Cyberpunk 2077 is going to have trash balancing and retarded gameplay confirmed.
I already knew that from watching the gameplay video though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They could release Cyberpunk in 2019. Reviews will praise it, then we'll hear about issues from players. The Definitive Edition will come out in late 2020 that fixes some problems.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
They could release Cyberpunk in 2019.
giphy.gif

late 2020 is better choice

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Its shooting can be transformed into very nice one with just 3-4 easy to install mods. The big issue is the idiotic AI combat and movement patterns which suck for a shooter.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Quick check,
Marcin Blacha
Story Director at CD PROJEKT RED

All is well. Tomaszkiewicz can and will do damage, but at least my storyfag needs are covered.

hpstg

Savant
The game seemed to have weapons not behaving the same depending on your skills. Maybe that's why they remind everyone all the time that it's an rpg.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Shooting and melee are equally easy to fuck up.
Especially since a big part of it is how the enemies react to either and how well it is implemented into the game world, enemy Ai, setting, game physics and other parts of the whole.

In this case it has additional issue of having to fit with a cRPG mechanics, to which player controlled action is antithetical and first person forces that. Even if one expects just a decent action-rpg, hoping for really good fighting mechanics is a fools errand. Maybe they wont be so bad to really stand out and the rest of the game covers up for it.

Not hopeful for this one.
But, maybe they wont repeat biggest letdowns and faults of W3 this time. Wouldnt bet on it though since it sold very well even with all those included.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I don't know if anyone else has speculated this yet, I'm not about to read 108 pages, but I think the game will be out in 2020.

They'll reveal the release date by fading out the word cyberpunk, and put slashes into the number 2077, so it reads 20/7/7.

7th of July, 2020. It's gonna happen.

Prime Junta

There was a good game in Witcher 3 but it was covered in a mass of filler. Leveled loot in particular. Gave the whole game scabies. And the damn thing is too big to replay.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't know if anyone else has speculated this yet, I'm not about to read 108 pages, but I think the game will be out in 2020.

They'll reveal the release date by fading out the word cyberpunk, and put slashes into the number 2077, so it reads 20/7/7.

7th of July, 2020. It's gonna happen.
Yeah dude, they are going to release their huge game in a time when many potential customers are away from their homes and gaming devices. Go and check how many AAA games came out in the summer.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh well, they'll miss out on a convenient gimmick then.

I'd say it would be convenient for game's wellbeing that such gimmicks be avoided. Last time game set gimmicky release date for itself it had all its RPG mechanics from franchise ancestors replaced with gimmicks, enough copies were sold for every Chinese on planet to own one but this financial boost to ego, bank account and confidence in walking pure popamole path returned two games later to bite company in the ass. So yeah, I don't think CD Projekt Red needs their own 11/11/11 but by all means Cyberpunk 2077 will be their Skyrimpunk. At least financially, and that would be only Skyrim phenomenon's trait that should be copied by them but we already know that seed of decline is spreading its roots in the company

Such is the way of incline-decline wheel of time for every AAA player in industry that mere 6-7 years ago used to hold booth in trunk of their rent-a-car at E3 parkling lot

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom