Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm currently addicted to medieval setting (Mount&Blade + KCD), and it's really, really, really bad for my state of beings. Can't wait for my post-apocalyptic withdrawal to kick in and then get fucked by Kenshi for 200 hours straight.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Lack of furniture bothers me a bit. Naked walls especially. The stuff is in game, you just need to make it buildable!

screenshot-21.jpg

Deleted Member 16721

so my base is in the vain which is awesome cuz I'm rich AF from all the copper but my retard workers keep swimming through the fucking acid pools and getting themselves killed .. . . Wtf do i need to do to build a bridge?

Pick a spot not near acid pools? And what are you doing building in the Vain? Do you know it acid rains there too?

Arnust

Savant
Lack of furniture bothers me a bit. Naked walls especially. The stuff is in game, you just need to make it buildable!

screenshot-21.jpg
I still haven't tried yet, but haven't you seen a lot of "materials" and other merchants have "Random Furniture" blueprints? I've come across a bunch, if they're anywhere it's probably there.

Saduj

Arcane
Was pleasantly surprised to see a city change hands as a result of some raids I had done. That's the kind of stuff that should have been expanded.

Anyway, I've recently shifted my attention away from Holy Nation to the UC, thanks to some very foolish noble hunters. Been taking out slaver camps mostly. I'm almost at the vanilla limit for faction recruits. Not wanting to train anyone else, I decided to see if I could use my slave camp raids to recruit some powerful characters. Basically, I run into the slaver camp carrying a downed enemy then drop him and run out. The slavers put him in a cage. Then my squad runs in and kills all the slavers and opens the cages. First I tried this with the Factory Foreman from the Spider Factory. He stayed hostile and ran like hell as soon as I let him out. Then I tried it with a couple of Southern Hive Droneguards. They also stayed hostile and only wanted to leave. That raid resulted in a Southern Hive Drone who happened to be enslaved there wanting to join me so I took him instead even though his stats suck.

I have one slot left. Anyone know if this slave camp scheme or something similar will work on anyone good in vanilla?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
so my base is in the vain which is awesome cuz I'm rich AF from all the copper but my retard workers keep swimming through the fucking acid pools and getting themselves killed .. . . Wtf do i need to do to build a bridge?

Pick a spot not near acid pools? And what are you doing building in the Vain? Do you know it acid rains there too?

Bruh i'm making so much $$$ here with no effort afaik the acid rain doesn't harm my workers at all anyway

I found a way to keep the idiots from swimming in acid:

VUhFHAk.jpg

just build a big ass wall around it

Saduj

Arcane
Before raiding Port North, I dropped two cannibals, two high paladins and a sand ninja jounin in the middle of the place. I also beat up some city heroes and other assorted wimps close enough to the gates that some of them got picked up. Needless to say, when I freed the whole lot, none of them joined me. Any slave who was from a hostile faction stayed "red" after I freed them. The city hero even attacked. I did have a captured bounty hunter with stats in the 30/40s turn green and start following me but he ran away shortly after we left Port North. I reloaded a few times just to double check and he always ran away. I was 99% sure it wasn't going to work but there is something I find amusing about running into the middle of an enemy fortress, dropping a high paladin on the ground and running out.

The most credible claim I read on the Steam forums about this is: Freed slaves have a chance to join you only if their stats are all under 25, they do not have diplomatic status and are not hostile towards the player faction.

track02

Novice
This is a dangerous game, I'll sit down to play an hour and before I know it it's 3AM

And all I'm doing is Naruto-running around in the desert, knocking people out, stealing all their stuff and then kicking them to death when they wake up
If they put up a good fight I might bandage them up and leave them in a recovery coma

Haven't even started on the base building stuff apart from hiring 2 bug guys who mine all day near Squin

track02

Novice
I'm slowly becoming Kenshiro, nearly untouchable in melee and starting to see limbs being punched off - its awesome and launching a flying kick at some guy with no legs never gets old
I just spent the evening at a slave farm beating up every slaver and putting any that survived into a slave cage, I ended up with a small ex-slave army for the final assault on the barracks.

I would like a way to 'finish' off KO'd enemies or at least attack them when they're down
Although I see why they made it hard to actually be killed it gets a bit tedious having to beat someone down and then wait for them to get up about 4-5 times before they actually die

And hey look, it's 3:00AM!

mondblut

Arcane
The most credible claim I read on the Steam forums about this is: Freed slaves have a chance to join you only if their stats are all under 25, they do not have diplomatic status and are not hostile towards the player faction.

Every time you buy a slave, you apparently boost relationships with his faction. I bought out a bunch of rebel farmers, they attitude rose to +10 or so, and one of them actually joined me.

That's what you should have been doing instead of larping a sjw power fantasy.

mondblut

Arcane
And what are you doing building in the Vain? Do you know it acid rains there too?

Building up on the edge of Vain is p. awesome. Border zone gives wind, water and arid while Vain gives green. Infinite foodcubes FTW.

My stupid turretmen have developed a hobby of taking potshots at my training dummies through the prison windows. Imagine, I send another batch of recruits in to be beaten into shape, release the gimp, he starts doing his job, and suddenly his limbs are flying all over the place. Bastards. Poor Preacher already got two replacements.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Every time you buy a slave, you apparently boost relationships with his faction. I bought out a bunch of rebel farmers, they attitude rose to +10 or so, and one of them actually joined me.

That's what you should have been doing instead of larping a sjw power fantasy.

Larping? Attacking enemy strongholds is the best part of the game. A lot more fun than shopping....

Dropping off enemies first was pretty gamey but also an amusing process.

Not sure what any of it has to do with “SJW” nonsense either. Leave it in GD.

track02

Novice
I ended up being captured and enslaved whilst wandering around the desert and taken to a different slave camp.

I'd spend my days mining rocks and getting beat up by guards, then on a night I'd break out of my cell to steal food and sneak around the complex with an inventory full of shackles.
My strength eventually became high enough to break shackles on the spot and KO most npcs with a single punch.
I'm surprised the guards never picked up on my plans as I slowly became a muscled giant amongst all the tiny slaves.

When I was bored of this I popped my shackles off one day and walked out after leaving behind a mass of about 30 unconscious and limbless guards.

At a bit of a loss what to do now and it's getting hard to train Martial Arts as I just knock most people out in a punch or two. Maybe it's time to start building a base

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom