Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did the website for this vanish?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't find the official website anymore.

Good thing I bought the thing when it was still up!

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
I followed a download link from "heise.de" which brought me to "teudogar.com".

Site shows this:
Temporarily closed,

as the legal and bureaucratic costs
of the E.U.'s extremely far-reaching new
'General Data Protection Regulation' GDPR
exceed our currently available capacity.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Martyr

Arcane
has anyone ever noticed this?

if you visit the teudogar website and click on these little icons, a zip-file is getting downloaded. I've canceled the download because I don't want any shady shit on my computer but maybe there's someone here who knows what's happening:

FCqfSJn.png

9muzddS.png

C0SNp8d.png

Martyr

Arcane
Wew, that's exactly the size of the full version Teudogar zip

now all we need is someone with balls of steel who'll finish the download and unzip it!

well, screw it. downloading now. it's on the official Teudogar website, so it won't be harmful.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
It turned out to be a Moria-type deal.

Notice, in that screenshot, how it says "protected with a Password"? That capitalization got me suspicious, and my hunch was right. The password was literally "Password" (capital P, no quotations) and, lo and behold, it proceeded to extract.

Now that my curiosity is satisfied, the game will probably rot on my hard drive for years (if it works at all, haven't tried running the .exe). Oh well.

Martyr

Arcane
the game starts up, I can hear music playing but all I got is a black screen that didn't go away with Alt+F4, task manager, Alt+Tab. had to restart my computer.
:negative:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Didn't realize this was a relatively modern game.
Wasn't there an old ('80s) game with a very similar name?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I hope it works on Vista as I happen to have a laptop with one. Seems weird that a game that's supposed to be so good didn't show up on top 70 list.

deama

Prophet
I hope it works on Vista as I happen to have a laptop with one. Seems weird that a game that's supposed to be so good didn't show up on top 70 list.
It's pretty obscure. It'd help a lot if he released it on steam.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Works fine on Windows 7 but doesn't work on Windows 10 apparently.

Grab dgVoodoo2, copy the DLL files from the MS folder to the game's folder and from the dgVoodoo control panel ensure "Appearance" is set to "Full Screen" with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect" scaling mode in the "General" tab and the "Force vSync" and "Fast video memory access" boxes are checked in the "DirectX" tab. Also disable the dgVoodoo Watermark, if enabled (it doesn't affect compatibility, it is just annoying although helpful if you want to ensure that the game uses dgVoodoo instead of the native DirectDraw/Direct3D DLLs).

With those it seems to run fine under Windows 10 here. In general dgVoodoo2 is my go-to solution for pretty much every older game that doesn't work in Windows 10 - it makes most of them to work fine.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Works fine on Windows 7 but doesn't work on Windows 10 apparently.

Grab dgVoodoo2, copy the DLL files from the MS folder to the game's folder and from the dgVoodoo control panel ensure "Appearance" is set to "Full Screen" with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect" scaling mode in the "General" tab and the "Force vSync" and "Fast video memory access" boxes are checked in the "DirectX" tab. Also disable the dgVoodoo Watermark, if enabled (it doesn't affect compatibility, it is just annoying although helpful if you want to ensure that the game uses dgVoodoo instead of the native DirectDraw/Direct3D DLLs).

With those it seems to run fine under Windows 10 here. In general dgVoodoo2 is my go-to solution for pretty much every older game that doesn't work in Windows 10 - it makes most of them to work fine.

It works. It doesn't load up properly and crashes a few times at first, but then it adjusts and everything works well. However, I can't record it in OBS Studio (although for some reason OBS Studio is just showing a black screen no matter what I try to record), and Bandicam crashes if I try to record. I can't take screenshots, either. So, no let's play from me, but still good stuff. Thanks for fixing this problem, now everyone should be able to play Teudogar!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
wow tnx, nice find!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom