Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Chris worried about synthesis being too complicated for the community
I'm predicting another Incursion flop.
or Bestiary
because a little bit of precision over mindless slaughter is too much for people

Wonder how many ideas (good ones) are send to the trash because they might be too complicated for the players.

Gerrard

Arcane
Chris worried about synthesis being too complicated for the community
or Bestiary
because a little bit of precision over mindless slaughter is too much for people

Wonder how many ideas (good ones) are send to the trash because they might be too complicated for the players.
In terms of player retention it was Bestiary > Delve > Incursion. Chris said it himself on a podcast.

Gerrard

Arcane
Helmet, pet, and back attachment again. I'm starting to miss weapon effects and footprints.

Perkel

Arcane
ttpx0t2lfsi21.jpg

don't know why she remind me Lilura's avatar from her blog
now change mr Girafee aka Templar plz

I smell incoming abandonment of grimdark atmosphere of the game, may it's their choice, or maybe adaptation for chinese market

That is for sure. Chinese version is heavily censored and now they are owned by Tencet. So the obvious question from their owner is why they should make two versions of the game ?

Chinese version is completely scrubbed from gore and blood, even no dead bodies anywhere, all females are covered etc:

Well it is not like they put a lot of work into it. In recent Baeclast Chris said that they designed from ground up and made whole expansion in 13 weeks.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Their crazy schedule of 4 leagues per year is going to kill them and the game eventually. They need to move that to 3 leagues per year and give us more meaty and better tested expansions.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yay, they nerfed leech again! Because melee characters are op and everyone plays them, right?
I don't even like slayer but this shit is getting ridiculous.

Perkel

Arcane
Yay, they nerfed leech again! Because melee characters are op and everyone plays them, right?
I don't even like slayer but this shit is getting ridiculous.

3.7 is supposed to bring melee "rebalance" but i don't think anything can be done about it until something like 4.0 which is supposed to be major rework.

They had to change leech because surprise surprise you will not get more options to get leach on ES which is naturally retarded since ES regenerates fucking quickly and you have like billions ES compared to life if you specialize in it.

Don't forget that next league again will be timer based league so if you play slow melee character again "fuck you mate"

Reinhardt

Arcane

:necro:

Also
tiPd8kA.jpg

So basically if you didn't get the memo and trying to play with melee skills you are fucked. Because reasons. Play with same "melee" spells with hundreds of hits per second like everyone else, shitlord! "More options for builds".

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Its fireball time for me! Again! This time I won't focus on ignite but will just go full hit damage with fork etc.

The question is now, Elementalist or Occultist?

Perkel

Arcane
So basically if you didn't get the memo and trying to play with melee skills you are fucked. Because reasons. Play with same "melee" spells with hundreds of hits per second like everyone else, shitlord! "More options for builds".

Well this is what you get when you don't follow design principles.

Life leech via % ? for big hits
Life leech via flat +5etc ? For a lot of small hits.

Then instead of applying above they decided that % one needs to be viable for a lot of small hits.
Obviously they fucked up on spell damage that scales so well that you get milions of DPS rather than thousands for melee due to how POE needs AOE damage.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
WTH is that icetrap buff. Seriously thinking of rolling another rainbow-trapper, only with ice-trap this time around, instead of going for the ll rf/vaal cs build I planned out initially.

Melee really seems to be in the dumpster for an entire patch-cycle, which is kinda hilarious. Then again, if the self-cast changes are good ones, I have high hopes for melee in 3.7

User was nabbed fit

I'm going to try a Trickster build following the passive tree buffs. We meta now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Interesting to see nerfs to both defensive curses, buffs to all the offensive ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom