Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bring back general gaming stickies

Bring back the quality stickies

• Total voters

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
For some insane reason all the great stickies in the general gaming forum have been removed, replaced with retarded threads like "Best Thread Ever" (which has nothing to do with games). The unofficial patches thread, the dark mod one, the thief fan missions one. ALL GONE. BRING THEM BACK.

Edit: Like I said in shoutbox, low effort/low discussion threads like best thread ever and steam release thread where people spam images or post only brief release info don't need to get stickied because they receive new posts almost every day, putting them near the top of the thread list at all times. On the other hand resource threads for Fan Missions, WADs, Unofficial Patches, and so on are very helpful but they aren't threads that are going to get new posts every day, and thus risk being buried beneath newer threads, so they should be sticked to be as highly visible as possible.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
No one had any problems or issues with the previous line-up of stickied threads... or at least wasn't brave enough to voice it publicly.

Undo the change, and expose the perpetrator... or will we have to poke him in the eye until he relents?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are you seriously suggesting that infrequently-updated repositories of useful information and files should be emphasized, rather than generic megathreads that live on the front page anyway?

What a fucking IDIOT, dude. You obviously don't know the first thing about this extremely important unpaid work that I only volunteered for so that I could have a title literally no one else cares about.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Heres a way to do it without it taking up the space.
Make a megathread that contains links to all of them and pin that.

Great idea, but wrong implementation.

Instead, merge the GOG, Steam releases, and Kickstarter watch threads, and also merge Best Thread Ever, Screenshot thread, and What game are you wasting time on? threads.

That way, the six spam threads that no one in their right mind ever reads could be condensed into two larger categories, leaving four more slots for actual useful stickies.

EverlastingLove

Learned
Heres a way to do it without it taking up the space.
Make a megathread that contains links to all of them and pin that.

Great idea, but wrong implementation.

Instead, merge the GOG, Steam releases, and Kickstarter watch threads, and also merge Best Thread Ever, Screenshot thread, and What game are you wasting time on? threads.

That way, the six spam threads that no one in their right mind ever reads could be condensed into two larger categories, leaving four more slots for actual useful stickies.

Excellent idea, that can be improved.

Instead, merge every thread in General Gaming into one mega-thread, at least for some time.

That way we can discuss everything in one place which should grant us some entertainment.
Please DarkUnderlord

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I were still a mod they'd already be re-pinned right now.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Oh, also, even worse: the Really Obscure RPGs thread has been unpinned from General RPG Discussion! There is absolutely NO excuse for that travesty! That thread is a goldmine of extremely obscure RPGs, a thing the Codex should revel in, and that thread gets unpinned??? What the FUCK is wrong with whoever is responsible for this?!?!?!?!?!?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Attention, insufferable cunts that pretend to run this forum (a.k.a. The RPG Codex Forum Staff):

Infinitron DarkUnderlord Crispy

(That means you as well Greg.)

Days have passed and almost nothing has changed on this matter, despite a unilateral disapproval of the change. ONE thread of Incline and usefulness has been restored to 'sticky' status, but that's it.

There are plenty more forum threads that warrant at least a sticky status, but it seems that the One-Eyed Powers That Be have decided that threads that are 'popular' have more significance than threads that are Absolute Incline for gamers in general.

So I steal from another user make a request for a compromise: Create a General Gaming sub-forum where threads that are useful and beneficial can live in. The 'Unofficial patches" can live with similar threads like the Thief FM thread, Ninja Destroyer 's Half-Life thread, the "Lost and Forgotten titles" thread, the "Favorite Doom WAD" thread, and more. I'm hearing that the "Obscure RPG titles" from RPG Discussion has been unstickied as well, my suggestion gives it a home.

You lot want the RPG Codex to show off its monocled prestigiousness? I just told you how to do so. Create a all-in-one resource for users and visitors to browse through, give it a short blurb like "You must don you monacle before venturing forth" and watch as you both cater to popular trends AND cater to the cream de la creme of (RPG) gaming.

(Oh, and reinstate JarlFrank as admin, as no one remembers anymore that thing with him.)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Attention, insufferable cunts that pretend to run this forum (a.k.a. The RPG Codex Forum Staff):

Days have passed and almost nothing has changed on this matter, despite a unilateral disapproval of the change. ONE thread of Incline and usefulness has been restored to 'sticky' status, but that's it.

There are plenty more forum threads that warrant at least a sticky status, but it seems that the One-Eyed Powers That Be have decided that threads that are 'popular' have more significance than threads that are Absolute Incline for gamers in general.

So I steal from another user make a request for a compromise: Create a General Gaming sub-forum where threads that are useful and beneficial can live in. The 'Unofficial patches" can live with similar threads like the Thief FM thread, Ninja Destroyer 's Half-Life thread, the "Lost and Forgotten titles" thread, the "Favorite Doom WAD" thread, and more. I'm hearing that the "Obscure RPG titles" from RPG Discussion has been unstickied as well, my suggestion gives it a home.

You lot want the RPG Codex to show off its monocled prestigiousness? I just told you how to do so. Create a all-in-one resource for users and visitors to browse through, give it a short blurb like "You must don you monacle before venturing forth" and watch as you both cater to popular trends AND cater to the cream de la creme of (RPG) gaming.

(Oh, and reinstate JarlFrank as admin, as no one remembers anymore that thing with him.)

And while at it, ban toro

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
What the FUCK is wrong with whoever is responsible for this?!?!?!?!?!?

I know it, but I don't think I should say it...
maxresdefault.jpg

Is this why?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

More or less, this was my original proposition as well.

There should be a Monocle Land reserved for the best articles, reviews or mods.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
, Ninja Destroyer 's Half-Life thread, the "Lost and Forgotten titles" thread, the "Favorite Doom WAD" thread, and more

Thanks for backing me up, but it's not necessary since HL mod thread will be updated and judging by the huge archive it will be all right. I remember that even Doom Wad thread has been waiting to be finally a sticky for a longer time period. As for the other stuff, I agree. Finding valuable information saves a lot of time, and having this sort of a map road really helps.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm against any sticky threads, good or bad. But I would like to archive sticky/resource(mods, maps, guides etc) threads in a highly visible subforum of sorts.

What about a subforum at the top
2aL7YFE.png

That way we could create quick access links to it from other places on the website too

PS. I didn't remove anything but again I'm personally against any sort of sticky thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
And this idea goes for threads like the NWN modules thread, Thief thread etc. where it's mostly a collection of links and files. Not so much threads where there can be discussions like upcoming RPGs, obscure RPGs etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And this idea goes for threads like the NWN modules thread, Thief thread etc. where it's mostly a collection of links and files. Not so much threads where there can be discussions like upcoming RPGs, obscure RPGs etc.
Far better thee than he.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Over the past 2 years, the Thief 2 FM thread has gone down in activity since it has been un-stickied. BRING IT BACK!

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm against any sticky threads, good or bad. But I would like to archive sticky/resource(mods, maps, guides etc) threads in a highly visible subforum of sorts.

What about a subforum at the top
2aL7YFE.png

That way we could create quick access links to it from other places on the website too

PS. I didn't remove anything but again I'm personally against any sort of sticky thread
What happened to this idea? Has it been dropped or just put on hold? While what wasn't broken should never have been "fixed", this solution is better than nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom