Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Still far better review than anything else at this moment,the rest are just overly positive and vague marketing drivel from bunch of shills .

This is hilarious.
You say the game is shit, overrated and being shilled.
Yet you post a review were the reviewer is clearly hyped, got the game copy from the devs and says the game is excellent.
Reading comprehension much?.!.? Where did i say that,oh great mind of the internet???

:deathclaw:
Also not every positive review is a shilling Ms.Brain,i have problem with talentless shills that constantly spam same shitty bullshit that had read from a kuktaku or polyblob article. Just go and watch that shill ACG,it is incredibly bad,just a bunch of vague and generic positive enforcements and no negative. By the end of the video you still know as much about the game as the moment before you begun watching. While the chick talks in deep about the whole franchise,the playable characters and the non playable ones,it talks about in depth about the mechanics,the weapons,the enemy types and a few other thing. It may come as a surprise to you,but you don't have to agree with everything that the reviewer says to like the video. The review is good and informative compared to all the shilling ones!

Ezekiel

Arcane
I wasn't sure the game would be great. The only great previous DMC was 3. Devil May Cry was never just about mechanics, which is why 4 was such a disappointment. I'm fairly happy with 5 so far, though. I got up to mission 5 yesterday night. I just wish it had slightly fewer cutscenes.

I wish I didn't have to drag my PC to the living room again today, but playing it on a monitor is nothing like playing it on a TV. Been thinking about building a second PC so that I can use this one in the living room for Japanese controller games. I mostly play Japanese games now anyway, and most are better on controllers. Japan is crushing western console devs. It's why I prefer my Switch over my PS4. The God of War reboot, The Last of Us and Horizon don't even come close to what Capcom, FromSoftware and Nintendo are doing.

PrettyDeadman

Devil May Cry 5 is very very very good.
The best game in the series, probably the best game of its genre.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The best game in the series
Nah DMC3 was a lot better,at least had some kind of challenge to it. From what i see here people are beating the game on highest possible difficulty for a first time,without even dying. You could beat some bosses without loosing health and get S and SSS ratings without even trying. Still,once you get dante the game becomes fun,the other two are meh,some new age crap. He at least have tolerable music song.

Ent

Savant
New age? This stuff is reeks of chunnibyou just like DMC 3 (which is a good thing). I honestly don't know what they new age stuff you are talking about is coming from unless you are trying to say their is some sort of SJW slant to this stuff which is utter nonsense.

PrettyDeadman

Nah DMC3 was a lot better,at least had some kind of challenge to it. From what i see here people are beating the game on highest possible difficulty for a first time,without even dying. You could beat some bosses without loosing health and get S and SSS ratings without even trying. Still,once you get dante the game becomes fun,the other two are meh,some new age crap. He at least have tolerable music song.
Highest possible difficulty isn't unlocked on the first playthrough. Before criticizing this game for not being like old dmc please educate yourself on how difficulty used to work back then and how it works now.

sullynathan

Arcane
Who is beating the game on Hell & Hell on their first time? Please do tell. Nero has been a part of DMC for 10 years, new age indeed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Highest possible difficulty isn't unlocked on the first playthrough. Before criticizing this game for not being like old dmc please educate yourself on how difficulty used to work back then and how it works now.
That is exactly what i said,it means that there are more difficulties after the first playtrough. Maybe you should educate yourself on reading instead of going about some stupid shit about how difficulty changes and so on.

Who is beating the game on Hell & Hell on their first time?
Go back to your shit country nigger,stop trying to speak in other languages!

Please do tell. Nero has been a part of DMC for 10 years, new age indeed.
LoL you are truly retarded,10 years = one fucking game that flopped because it was about this new age faggot.

sullynathan

Arcane
LoL you are truly retarded,10 years = one fucking game that flopped because it was about this new age faggot.
Wrong game. DMC4, the game nero is introduced in is the best selling DMC game

Go back to your shit country nigger,stop trying to speak in other languages!
Typing nigger won't make one, it also won't get you out of Bulgaria and into the us which I'm from

Ent

Savant
I remember playing DMC 3 back when I was in middle school. I found it decently challenging on my first run through but I'm pretty sure it was my general inexperience to the genre itself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat I'll rephrase the question. Have you played DMC5?
Ahhh,yes i have played the game and as i pointed out earlier,don't think it is a bad game. The combat is smooth,but maybe a tad bit slower,the enemy variety is decent and some bosses have a different stages. The environments become repetitive the more you play and the colours are not that good. The homo guy is ok to play with,but his weapons are consumables,and i hate using consumables in games,i am a fucking hoarder. The emo home is interesting take on the whole thing,but nobody plays such games to just look at AI killing each other,so it is a hard miss outside of farming. Dante is cool and have a lot of weapons and different styles,it is the best part of the game. Do hope that is possible to play all mission with him after finish,but i doubt it. It would have been better if the game was all about him and you had to get those styles and weapons more slowly,thu getting a sense of progression. The game as a whole is...ok,could have been better.

The things i dislike about the game are the characters and the shitty music. In DMC3 you were playing badass killing demons on some nice metal music,that was half the fun of the game. While here me we have a bunch of fags trying to stay out of danger while listening to pop-rock for at least half the game.

EDIT:And yes,the game is a lot easier than DMC3. Back then it was pretty hard to hit a nice combo and get S or SSS rank,now you do it without trying on most levels,mainly the emo homo. I still remember all those combo statues in DMC3. Oh also it had more fun weapons,even if you get some them here in different variant.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
How's performance?
Solid 60 fps at 2560x1440 on my Ryzen 5 2600X and GTX 1070. Settings mostly high. Wish I could turn off the anti-aliasing (in exchange for other settings), as I never use it in newer games. Find it really overrated. On my 4K TV, I have to set the resolution scaling (below the actual resolution option) to 70 percent to maintain 60 fps.

Ent

Savant
I wonder if the health on V's familiars scale at higher difficulties - things could get pretty interesting if they don't.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh also this
ws8aenzq5.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The combat is smooth,but maybe a tad bit slower,

If you're used to turbo mode, sure.

The environments become repetitive the more you play and the colours are not that good.

The environments in the other games weren't exactly diverse (always Gothic looking buildings or Hellscapes).

The homo guy is ok to play with,but his weapons are consumables,and i hate using consumables in games ... nobody plays such games to just look at AI killing each other

They don't a limited amount of uses, or a cool-down. Therefore not consumables. They are more akin to allied NPC's (since they have life bars). The difference between them and NPC's, is that NPC's can't be controlled. So they also are not AI's that play themselfs.

It would have been better if the game was all about him

Disagree. More characters are always good as long as they have enough complexity (which they do). And Dante still has a lot of excellent moments here.

The game as a whole is...ok,could have been better.

C'mon...
The best and most complex combat system in the series as well as the enemy design, and you honestly think the game is just ok?
C'mon...

EDIT:And yes,the game is a lot easier than DMC3. Back then it was pretty hard to hit a nice combo and get S or SSS rank,now you do it without trying on most levels,mainly the emo homo. I still remember all those combo statues in DMC3.

Well in DMC3 Normal mode has actually the Hard mode. And sure, if you've completed 1/3/4 you already have a good idea of the combat in these games and things go along much smoothly.
It's easier to achieve S rankings because since each character plays differently each character will have different parameters to achieve those scores (and again you're playing on the easier difficulties). And the combat statues were hard because you could only use 1 weapon - and with Dante the easiest way to achieve higher marks is by switching back and forth between his weapons.

Oh also it had more fun weapons

:nocountryforshitposters:

You have a literal fucking motorcycle here man...

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Not just the motorcyle (which I would compare to nevan as its the most mechanically unique of the weapons) - the king cereberus and the balrog are way better than the DMC 3 counter parts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom