Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Martius

Liturgist
There is proper mouse and keyboard support although I think it needs some tweaking. Using devil breakers on mouse roll click or lock on/change lock on target shift/ctrl are hardly comfortable.

Adon

Arcane
I don't agree with fantadomat, but I can see his point of view regarding V. I like V, and his abilities are an interesting take on the DMC combat, but he's not immediately the one I want to play as when given a choice. However, it is pretty satisfying to juggle enemies in the air with Shadow's air spin followed by Griffon shooting projectiles -- keeping the enemy in the air -- followed by V teleporting up there and finishing it all off.

That, and well, seeing Nightmare fuck shit up doesn't get old.

Ent

Savant
I don't agree with fantadomat, but I can see his point of view regarding V. I like V, and his abilities are an interesting take on the DMC combat, but he's not immediately the one I want to play as when given a choice. However, it is pretty satisfying to juggle enemies in the air with Shadow's air spin followed by Griffon shooting projectiles -- keeping the enemy in the air -- followed by V teleporting up there and finishing it all off.

That, and well, seeing Nightmare fuck shit up doesn't get old.
also the little air violin he does during his SSS taunt is great.

Jinn

Arcane
I love the way V plays. It's really unique to take a combat system like Devil May Cry's and bring it in the direction they did with him. I can also tell it's going to be way more fun to play him on higher difficulty settings. It's not really better or worse than the up-close-and-personal characters, it's just different, interesting, and fun in it's own way. I'll echo the sentiment stated earlier in the thread about how it would fantastic to see similar mechanics used in a summoner class in Dragon's Dogma 2. If this game is any indication, DD2 will be one of the most amazing action RPGs ever made (if it is ever made, that is :negative:).

On mission 10 right now and still having an absolute blast. Already looking forward to a replay with a higher difficulty.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
The things i dislike about the game are the characters and the shitty music. In DMC3 you were playing badass killing demons on some nice metal music,that was half the fun of the game.
You can choose to play the game with DMC1 - 4 music. I know you don't have the money so you pirated it, how'd you not know that?

Ezekiel

Arcane
Never noticed how stupid it is that Ebony and Ivory both have "Ebony and Ivory" engraved on them. Or maybe I forgot. You'd think one would have "Ebony" and the other "Ivory."

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
When i first watched the cowboy dante scene, i didn't had MJ in mind because his dance was already parodied too much at this point. But after a few times i found that the accompanying music sounds like parts of Billie Jean...

Perkel

Arcane
What is this doing in jrpg forum ?

Either way. Tried it. After playing Bayonetta and finishing it just 2 days ago gameplay feels super clunky and like you would operate truck loaded with bricks rather than nimble characters. IT will be a pain to get used to old style of platinum combat but gameplay in the end should be great. Also Bayo gameplay style matches cinematics and crazy shit she does in those while in DMC5 you see one stuff in cinematics while in normal gameplay your are medieval peasant with pitchfork and no education.

Still should be fun in the end.

Bayonetta gives you more moves early on and yes, it has more crazy shit. But I prefer DMC's weightier action. DMC 5 feels very satisfying to play so far.

Bless you, based japs, for making cool games.

PrettyDeadman

Bayonetta is cool but it's hard to watch. It like every pixel is flickering randomly very fast and while picture is kinda coherent at moment things blend together in a very wrong way.

Perkel

Arcane
Don't get me wrong it is great gameplay but going from Bayonetta to this feels like you have ton of brings strung to your body parts. Imho i think bayo gameplay just fits more type of action developers intend for characters in game which is clearly shown in cinematics.

Bayonetta is cool but it's hard to watch. It like every pixel is flickering randomly very fast and while picture is kinda coherent at moment things blend together in a very wrong way.

True it can be confusing to watch but it feels just so fucking good when you play it.
It was part of the reason why i didn't start bayo until few days ago despite having it for a long time because i didn't like how combat looked and early combat didn't grab me.

PrettyDeadman

Don't get me wrong it is great gameplay but going from Bayonetta to this feels like you have ton of brings strung to your body parts. Imho i think bayo gameplay just fits more type of action developers intend for characters in game which is clearly shown in cinematics.

True it can be confusing to watch but it feels just so fucking good when you play it.
It was part of the reason why i didn't start bayo until few days ago despite having it for a long time because i didn't like how combat looked and early combat didn't grab me.
I used to think that my shitty ps3 is to blame (yet somehow managed to beat the game on it) and bayonetta was hard on the eyes do to bad framerate or shitty tv screen, but on pc with high stable FPS it's the same.
It's bizarre. I don't get the same effect on any other game. It's not that it's hard to understand what is going on on the screen, it's just painful and uncomfortable to watch whether something is going on or not.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got some moves and upgrades for Nero, beat Goliath. This game is awesome, I now want to beat him in style.

Still not played Dante and the other character and I'm sure I'm going to make more than one walkthrough.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just finished this game,and i am still salty about the final battle. Nero is garbage and everyone that likes him is one too! Muh the power of love and feelz beat everything boyz! Fuck off!!! It is clear that the faggot was shoved in the game,just that share amount of skillz and weapons that Dante gets shows that they were thinking of making Dante mainly game.

sullynathan

Arcane
Don't get me wrong it is great gameplay but going from Bayonetta to this feels like you have ton of brings strung to your body parts. Imho i think bayo gameplay just fits more type of action developers intend for characters in game which is clearly shown in cinematics
Bayonetta is good but let's not say things that are wrong. Devil may cry is nimble enough as it is that it doesn't need to be bayonetta.

Bayonetta's trick is having a low skill floor + high skill ceiling. There are almost no new moves to unlock, controls are super easy and the game doesn't require you to be as manual as devil may cry. It's good because it uses all these things to create depth and allows noobs and "hardcore" players to have fun alike.

Devil may cry has a higher skill floor + high skill ceiling. Many integral moves are locked in the beginning, lock-on is necessary for high level moves, no qte's, no high i-frame one button dodge, more button inputs to do things etc. But it still works out by the end of the game because it's fun from the beginning and by the time you beat it you've unlocked everything and your character feels very different.

High level DMC ends up looking super flashy and nimble compared to where you started

Ent

Savant
Are the devil breakers placed on the map random? I keep getting extras of the dildo arm for some reason.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm having problems. I was playing the game for an hour Maxed out at 144 fps everything except Chromatic Aberration turned off and Ambient Occlusion set to SSAO. Game was running great but then I put both those settings back on and now the game is crashing after a minute of playing. Before that it couldn't run above 1 fps which was odd so I restarted my computer and now it constantly crashes instead. I'm re downloading the game to see if that fixes it.

Ivan

Arcane
the weekend has come and so have I. game looks ridiculously good
F9D2C8525461725B4A7962159BA3C167DF0F2D2E

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom