Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Vorark

Erudite
FN0ZKVf.png

It's oh so curious how most DRM scams can be linked back to Sony DADC in one way or the other.

Perkel

Arcane
Wow so many retards everywhere when above screenshot was shown.
There are shitload of people who defend denuvo and they lie non stop saying that people who make those comparisons lie and denuvo does not have any performance impact and "even if" this is due to developer fucking things up despite the fact that it is not developer who implements it.

Considering amount of evidence and amount of people defending it, i strongly believe that Denuvo has been astrosurfing either themselves or they bought astrosurfers to do that work for them.

The correct term is 'astroturfing'.

I've tried the game with and without Denuvo and can say that, for me, it runs better using the stripped executable - less spikes during gameplay. I have a very old processor (i5 3570k) so every little bit helps.

I can run it at 1440p at a locked 60 during gameplay. Cutscenes dip a bit, though.

PrettyDeadman

Wow so many retards everywhere when above screenshot was shown.
There are shitload of people who defend denuvo and they lie non stop saying that people who make those comparisons lie and denuvo does not have any performance impact and "even if" this is due to developer fucking things up despite the fact that it is not developer who implements it.

Considering amount of evidence and amount of people defending it, i strongly believe that Denuvo has been astrosurfing either themselves or they bought astrosurfers to do that work for them.
Denuvo loads the CPU, not GPU. Yet on the screen CPU load is identical, while GPU load is different. Most likely both screens taken from the same version of the game with denuvo but with different graphical settings. But you don't need to do much more anyway to fool the sheeple I guess...

GrainWetski

Arcane
Yeah, they're trying to fool you! It's a conspiracy! Denuvo's good for ya!

Never understood how there are people shilling for fucking DRM and the worst one at that.

Black

Arcane

Never understood how there are people shilling for fucking DRM and the worst one at that.
Because gamers are the dumbest motherfuckers that ever roamed this cursed earth.

PrettyDeadman

Someone random dude posted some screens on the internet so they must be true even if they what they show is not what he tells them to be! One must be an idiot not to believe that!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Someone random dude posted some screens on the internet so they must be true even if they what they show is not what he tells them to be! One must be an idiot not to believe that!
And one could simply check it is 30 minutes time.....and the willingness to throw 60 bucks.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This shit is why proper benchmarking is done by comparing the framerate at the 99th percentile to actually measure stuttering and framedrops and why all of this thing is dumb

PrettyDeadman

And one could simply check it is 30 minutes time.....and the willingness to throw 60 bucks.
Why do a proper chick if you can simply post 2 random screens and everyone will believe you as long as you say denuvo bad?

And even if someone does this test, denuvo haters won't even bother looking for it:

Last edited by a moderator:

GrainWetski

Arcane
"Denuvo haters"

Imagine writing those words.

You should make a list of benefits DRM, espeically Denuvo, gives the consumer. Surely there must be some since there are retards defending it like it's their mother.

PrettyDeadman

"Denuvo haters"

Imagine writing those words.

You should make a list of benefits DRM, espeically Denuvo, gives the consumer. Surely there must be some since there are retards defending it like it's their mother.
I don't defend denuvo, I put simpletons who believe random images from the internet and spew nonsense they know nothing about in their place.

Cael

Arcane

Why do a proper chick if you can simply post 2 random screens and everyone will believe you as long as you say denuvo bad?

And even if someone does this test, denuvo haters won't even bother looking for it:

Thanks for deflating your own argument, the benchmark you linked shows CPU utilization going up significantly in Denuvo version

How about you read the video description:

>The test results were predictable.
>The load on the CPU and the consumption of RAM is higher in Denuvo.
>I don't think that this is an error of calculation, because I conducted the test several times and the results didn't change.
>Fps is the same because the load on the CPU is less than 100%.

Watch from 1:46: https://youtu.be/THtG8ZgKCwY?t=106

Denuvo is consistently higher than DRM-free version, and it has spikes where CPU utilization IS TWICE AS HIGH AS WITHOUT DENUVO.

mI5x1DM.png

East is west, up is down, black is white, tyranny is freedom.

Because why not?

PrettyDeadman

Thanks for deflating your own argument, the benchmark you linked shows CPU utilization going up significantly in Denuvo version

My argument was that denuvo loads up CPU, not GPU, which is why screens used earlier which show same CPU usage, but higher GPU usage make no sense. I didn't try to defend Denuvo or claim that it doesn't affect performance in any way, I just wanted to debunk bs claims illustrated by bs screens about denuvo fabricated in order to feed a circlejerk.
Now you are telling that because things work in video exactly as I said that deflates my argument? You have either problems with reading comprehension or with logic...

Watch from 1:46: https://youtu.be/THtG8ZgKCwY?t=106

Denuvo is consistently higher than DRM-free version, and it has spikes where CPU utilization IS TWICE AS HIGH AS WITHOUT DENUVO.
You just grab spikes moments which suits your own agenda, without giving it a though as a whole (which shows that there are very little difference in performance between denuvo and drm-free version in that particular video and that denuvo mostly affects ).
Now, here's a moment where CPU usage od DRM-free version is almost 50% higher than CPU usage of Denuvo version. Does this 'proof' that DRM actually improves performance?
Y1GwKas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You just grab spikes moments which suits your own agenda, without giving it a though as a whole (which shows that there are very little difference in performance between denuvo and drm-free version in that particular video and that denuvo mostly affects ).
Now, here's a moment where CPU usage od DRM-free version is almost 50% higher than CPU usage of Denuvo version. Does this 'proof' that DRM actually improves performance?
And then he proceeds to show us a screenshot where the denuvo version is pulling GPU and RAM memory....
:hmmm:

PrettyDeadman

And then he proceeds to show us a screenshot where the denuvo version is pulling GPU and RAM memory....
:hmmm:
It's only 10% increase in ram usage for almost 50% decrease in CPU usage...
GPU in both cases is the same (literally couldn't find any frame in the video where it's not the case).

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
All of this is technical prattle is irrelevant, because when I buy a game, it's mine. Either I bought the product outright (and their DMCA/DRM bullshit holds no water), or I "licensed" it a la rental model, in which case they should never be able to to imply I'm paying to own it again without getting legally assraped for false and deceptive advertising. And their upfront prices better come down a whole fuckload too.

You can either have the cake or eat it, not both, cocksuckers.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Honestly it's not even important by how much Denuvo affects hardware usage or performance.

Even if it affected it by only 1% it would be unacceptable.

It means using a crack objectively gives you a better product, therefore the DRM is anti-consumer.

Degrees of getting fucked over don't even matter, just the simple fact that you're getting fucked over.

Vorark

Erudite
It means using a crack objectively gives you a better product, therefore the DRM is anti-consumer.

Problem is that in most cases Denuvo isn't removed from the executable when a game is "cracked", it's merely bypassed. The shitware will still be consuming resources behind the scenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom