Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Finished in two days. Besides Nero pulling DT out of his ass with the power of friendship. Everything was Awesome. DMC3 is still my fav. But 5 is pretty fckn Awesome. After you finish Nero just get's insane.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
D1Q20xvXQAIN3sd.jpg

There's no menu option to turn off HDR in this game if you have an HDR monitor and Windows 10, it just gets autodetected.

However, if you alt tab out and then back in again HDR will be disabled. Handy to know for those like me that have an HDR capable screen but don't really like the implementation.

PrettyDeadman

Finished in two days. Besides Nero pulling DT out of his ass with the power of friendship. Everything was Awesome. DMC3 is still my fav. But 5 is pretty fckn Awesome. After you finish Nero just get's insane.
According to Devil May Cry lore devil trigger is activated from being penetrated by a family member.
I can't believe they messed up the lore so much, that some midichlorian levels of fail.

Ezekiel

Arcane
There's no menu option to turn off HDR in this game if you have an HDR monitor and Windows 10, it just gets autodetected.

However, if you alt tab out and then back in again HDR will be disabled. Handy to know for those like me that have an HDR capable screen but don't really like the implementation.
Yeah, I found this odd. Also found it odd that there are no audio setup options. I wonder if the sound from some channels potentially gets lost or if it's automatically set by the Windows configuration.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

You can lower color bit to 8bpc. I think Windows needs 10bpc to activate HDR? Obviously not an optimal solution but it is one solution, especially if you're not playing any other games besides DMC5.

And no there is no difference in perceivable quality by lowering bpc, 8 is the standard on non-HDR monitors, so whenever you're looking at non-HDR content you're not using the full 10 anyway.

NOTE: I'm talking about the resolution's "details" options in the nvidia/amd control panel, where you can also switch from RGB to Ybpr, etc.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Finished mission 8.
I switched to using KB + M because I am having some problems with the controller (nothing major, but enough to make consider trying another input device).
And since I am not used to playing these games with KB + M, I am understandably not has good. Meaning I got my ass kicked a lot.
So I am guessing I'll be trying to finish this game up this way to get that challenge I was looking for.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dante is overwhelming with all his options after the straightforward V. But man, getting royal guards, releases, airborne gunslinger shots and balrog combos is so satisfying!

Nero is very improved compared with DMC4, the devil breaker system has been a great idea; very fun and give the character a lot of depth compared with 4's devil bringer win button.

My ranking although I enjoy playing the 3 characters:

Dante>>Nero>>>>>>>V.

Summoner class in Dragon's Dogma 2 could make the game best ARPG ever.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
YOU CAN REMOVE THE LENS FLARE CENSORSHIP:

DEVIL MAY CRY 5 INI TWEAK REMOVES LENS FLARE CENSORSHIP; DENUVO WORKAROUND IMPROVES FPS
Posted on March 9, 2019, 4:30 pm By Billy D

There are a couple of user-oriented tweaks available for Devil May Cry 5 to help increase the rich appeal of the visual palate… but only if you have the PC version of the game. In the first instance, there are some tweaks you can modify in the initialization file settings to remove the lens flare censorship and get a full-on look at Lady’s bare bum, while the second workaround can improve your frames-per second by up to 10fps by disabling Denuvo.

So first thing is first… the censorship.

There’s a scene in Devil May Cry 5 where a recovering Lady is asked to help out Nico, and thus she stands up and lets the towel drop, revealing her bare bottom. However, there’s an annoying lens flare that blocks her buttcrack. Well, if you go into the dmc5config.ini you can change the “TargetPlatform” settings from DirectX12 to DirectX11. Turn off depth of field, and the lens flare and save the file, and you should be able to see Lady in all her glory.

Click through the image below to see the NSFW version.

The file settings should look like the following:
[Render]
PCTargetAPIFallback=Enable
Capability=DirectX12
TargetPlatform=DirectX11
UseOptimizeShader=Enable
LastCrashReport=
UseVendorExtention=Enable
[RenderConfig]
FovHackEnable=false
RenderingMethod=Normal
ImageQualityRate=1
Fov=40
FullScreenDisplayMode=84
FullScreenMode=true
WindowMode=FullScreen
VSync=true
FramerateSetting=VARIABLE
AntiAliasing=FXAA_TAA
MotionBlurEnable=false
DepthOfFiledEnable=false
ShadowQuality=STANDARD
ContactShadowSetting=CUSTOM
DynamicShadowEnable=true
ShadowCacheEnable=true
TransparentBufferQuality=STANDARD
MeshQuality=HIGH
TextureQuality=HIGH
StreamingTextureLoadLevelBias=0
SamplerQuality=Anisotropic8
AOSetting=LOW
SSRSetting=CUSTOM
SSSSSetting=OFF
BloomEnable=true
LensFlareEnable=false
ChromaticAberration=false
EffectVolume=1
ColorSpace=SRGB

If the settings were modified correctly, you should no longer see any lens flare during the cinematic when Lady stands up and disrobes, exposing her butt for all to see. You can see the comparison below between the versions where the lens flare is enabled and when it’s disabled.

Click through the image for the full NSFW version.

Next up, is the Denuvo workaround.

DSOGaming did a benchmark test and discovered that without Denuvo they saw gains of anywhere between 6 – 10fps.

In order to disable Denuvo and get around that issue, you have to follow the listed steps below:

1. Open the Steam Console

Enter the following address in your browser

“steam://nav/console”

Then, you can see the Steam Console.

2. Download the Denuvo free file.

Enter the following command in the Steam Console:
“download_depot 601150 601152 8448614996291133808”

Then wait for file to finish downloading.

3. Overwrite the file

You can find a DevilMayCry5.exe file(About 131,200 KB) in the folder shown on Steam Console.

Then overwrite the DevilMayCry5.exe file(About 486,549 KB) in your Steam Devil May Cry 5 folder.

4. Restore the file

If the game does not work properly or has bugs after replacing the file

Please use “Verification integrity of the game files” to recover the file.

If you do it correctly you should be able to play Devil May Cry 5 comfortably on PC without worrying about Denuvo hampering the performance, and with the added benefit of being able to see Lady in all her lens-flare-free glory.

If the file is no longer available through the Steam repository you can also download an alternate Denuvo workaround exe for Devil May Cry 5 from over on Mega.nz.

Devil May Cry 5 is currently available for PC, Xbox One, and censored on the PS4 in the West.

Ent

Savant
Wow keyboard and mouse is surprisingly not that bad. I'm still going to play the game on controller but its good to know. Also the devs are being suspiciously quiet about bloody palace mode - I'm hoping that means theres something extra special about it this time.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
This seems to be a recurring shtick in Japanese entertainment, since pretty much all anime has this - hell even Berserk has the power of friendship for quite awhile now...

"Power of friendship" is actually an editorial guideline at Shonen Jump magazine, and by extension I assume most other manga institutions.

And yes I'm 100% serious. It really is. I believe the roots for this have to do with a political movement in the early 90s/late 80s to have manga promote positive values in Japanese youth, but I'm not too sure on this last part.

In any case remember that "team work", which is the umbrella under which "power of friendship" falls from, is seen as a very valued moral and ethical character trait in japanese society, so when you look at it this way it's not really that surprising at all that "friendship" and working together to resolve problems is such a common trope in manga.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
On Mission 11.
I really want to play this on Hard, because Cavaleire Angelo is such a cool fucking Boss.
Also I found a black Kalina Ann hidden on this level.

Are there any solutions for crashing again? My game is now crashing all the time now fuck

Don't know any.
My game has been running flawlessly. And haven't seen any bugs in the mean time too.
You best bet would be the Steam forums.

Also the devs are being suspiciously quiet about bloody palace mode - I'm hoping that means theres something extra special about it this time.

Bloody Palace is supposed to arrive next month.
I hope the also bring back Turbo Mode and Legendary Dark Knight (the game mode in 4 were enemies per area increase in ridiculous amounts).
A new campaign and playable characters (Vergil) would also be nice.
And maybe even do something else using the Cameo System.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
On Mission 11.
I really want to play this on Hard, because Cavaleire Angelo is such a cool fucking Boss.

Yeah, awesome boss. Beat him with Royal Guard and has been the coolest and most satisfying boss fight I have had in a long time.

As you, I want to play in a harder difficulty, this is one of the best games in years and deserves that we give it a lot of effort.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
On Mission 11.

Yeah, awesome boss. Beat him with Royal Guard and has been the coolest and most satisfying boss fight I have had in a long time.

As you, I want to play in a harder difficulty, this is one of the best games in years and deserves that we give it a lot of effort.

I slapped his butt using Royalguard as well. Seemed like the perfect style for that fight.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I just finished it. It gets really overwhelming between the constant character switching, getting new skills and unlocking weapons. It's ridiculous that you get a new weapon for Dante shortly before the finale. They should've spaced it out better. And while I like V as a character, I actually kinda hate playing as him. I'm sure there are people out there who can pull off some sick shit with him, but to me he just feels imprecise and spammy.

Other than that, yeah, great game.

On Mission 11.
A new campaign and playable characters (Vergil) would also be nice.

Playble Vergil is a given, there's no way in hell, they implemented his moveset, trigger and all the other bullshit for 2 boss fights at the end.

PrettyDeadman

Steezus said:
I just finished it. It gets really overwhelming between the constant character switching, getting new skills and unlocking weapons. It's ridiculous that you get a new weapon for Dante shortly before the finale. They should've spaced it out better. And while I like V as a character, I actually kinda hate playing as him. I'm sure there are people out there who can pull off some sick shit with him, but to me he just feels imprecise and spammy.
I think the game is intended to be played on higher difficulty so weapon spacing isn't that big of an issue (since you basically have everything).

Cromwell

Arcane
I think the game is intended to be played on higher difficulty so weapon spacing isn't that big of an issue (since you basically have everything).

it is rather easy on devil hunter. I remember having a lot of trouble in dmc3 on normal while I have none whatsoever here. Of course by easy I mean general game progression not highest style ratings all the time.

PrettyDeadman

it is rather easy on devil hunter. I remember having a lot of trouble in dmc3 on normal while I have none whatsoever here. Of course by easy I mean general game progression not highest style ratings all the time.
Yeh, DMC3 normal is basically Dante Must Die of DMC5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom